ECAC West tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC West tourney

This USCHO site shows the ECAC West tourney as March 7-8. That's Sunday-Monday and surely must be wrong. But....before making hotel rezzies....what ARE the actual dates?
    Elmira 2

Re: ECAC West tourney

Originally posted by elmira2 View Post
    This USCHO site shows the ECAC West tourney as March 7-8. That's Sunday-Monday and surely must be wrong. But....before making hotel rezzies....what ARE the actual dates?
    ECAC website has it as 6 & 7
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

The info I have is:

League play ends Feb 24th.

First round goes Saturday Feb 27th - # 6 at # 3, # 5 at # 4, # 1 & # 2 get a bye.

Semi finals go March 6th with # 1 seed hosting the semi's where # 1 will play the lowest remaing seed & # 2 will play the remaining seed.

Championships go March 7th and will see the 2 remaining seeds play with the highest seed being home team.

The host institutions will determine the game times of the first round, Semi's and Championship game and which semi final game will be played first.
      Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 02-18-2010, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
        The info I have is:

League play ends Feb 24th.

First round goes Saturday Feb 27th - # 6 at # 3, # 5 at # 4, # 1 & # 2 get a bye.

Semi finals go March 6th with # 1 seed hosting the semi's where # 1 will play the lowest remaing seed & # 2 will play the remaining seed.

Championships go March 7th and will see the 2 remaining seeds play with the highest seed being home team.

The host institutions will determine the game times of the first round, Semi's and Championship game and which semi final game will be played first.
        With Buffalo State not being able to play due to their violation, I guess that means the 7th place team will move up and thake the last spot. Neumann plays Chatham and should move up in the polls, Oswego takes on Platts and I doubt they will get points and Potsdam takes on Utica. If they were to sneak out a win, they would move into that last slot. That would be impressive for only a 2nd year program. Good for them!!

Comment

Originally posted by rinky dink View Post
          With Buffalo State not being able to play due to their violation, I guess that means the 7th place team will move up and thake the last spot. Neumann plays Chatham and should move up in the polls, Oswego takes on Platts and I doubt they will get points and Potsdam takes on Utica. If they were to sneak out a win, they would move into that last slot. That would be impressive for only a 2nd year program. Good for them!!
          I'd say Potsdam has a good shot. Even against Neumann if they can't get past Utica. Utica has a tendency to play at the same level as their opponents [see Plattsburgh tie (the good) and losses to Buff. State and Oswego (the bad)]. Potsdam could sneak out a win against Neumann too, who had some fits with Buff. State last weekend.

Comment

In the event that Platty and Neumann get two wins and Potsdam gets at least one tie this weekend what would the criteria be for deciding the tiebreakers for seedings? If I looked correctly in this situation Potsdam and Oswego would be tied for 6th and Neaumann Utica would be tied for 4th with involved teams splitting games head to head over the season?

Comment

The way I see it, if Neumann wins 3 of 4 against Chatham and Potsdam they will claim the 4th seed. They control their own destiny.
              "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by hahaha View Post
                In the event that Platty and Neumann get two wins and Potsdam gets at least one tie this weekend what would the criteria be for deciding the tiebreakers for seedings? If I looked correctly in this situation Potsdam and Oswego would be tied for 6th and Neaumann Utica would be tied for 4th with involved teams splitting games head to head over the season?
                Neumann and Potsdam both have played two less games than everyone else because their series was postponed two weeks ago due to snow.

You'd think they would have to make those games up, especially with how crucial they are to the ECAC West playoff race.

Comment

I forgot about those games. Talking to a girl on the Potsdam team when they were in Platty, apparently they are/were trying to get the games moved to a remote location between the two because the games were supposed to me made up on like a tues/wed. If this is the case I cant see blaming them as the girls would miss basically an entire week of school for travel.

Comment

I believe Potsdam will be at Neumann this coming Tuesday and Wednesday.
                    "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. After head-to-head, the next tie-breaker is goals scored in head-to-head games.

Comment

Working...
                      X