Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Last edited by mcfarljd; 02-18-2010, 09:10 PM.

Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread: Unfinished Business

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    crosby wins it in OT...what a game.

jd- can you put part II on the title since its our second one?
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

New thread this is exciting haha. T-11 hours until I can get in line. Weeeee
      2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Heads up for the out of towners, don't remember if this was in the old one.

But tomorrow's game is on NHL Network.

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
          New thread this is exciting haha. T-11 hours until I can get in line. Weeeee
          Making me feel like a bum for probably getting in like between 1 and 2 tomorrow. Have to get some pre-game MWF2 in before heading over and possibly NHL Breakaway 99' :-).

Like the title!

Comment

In case anyone else missed them, some early season thoughts. And to get this over the locked thread.

Originally posted by mcfarljd;
            Nobody is saying go wire to wire and keep that #1 all season, thats pretty much impossible in hockey unless you're Maine and do some deep recruiting violations. Needless to say with this talent, we should expect nothing less than a run at Ford Field in April. I know someone mentioned our "youth" on defence... We were younger last season on defence, and look where that got us. 1 Junior, 3 or 4 Sophomores, and 1 or 2 Freshmen on the blue line on any given night. Honestly who did we lose, Roeder is the only mainstay on the blueline and we have 5 other kids with another year under their belts, especially Wideman I'm guaranteeing he brings a lot to the locker room this year with his summer experience. Both our goalies are a year more accustomed to the collegiate level as well. I don't think "youth" is an excuse after how young we were last season.
            Originally posted by redeagle
            I counted at least three "...just trying to get better every day...." in Rico's interview. He's off to a good start.

I'm always anxious to see the freshmen. I've seen Hartman, Spinnell, and Kennedy, but hard to tell what it will be like at the "next level." I hope Hartman is a steady force back there, at least in the long run. Some of Miami's d have been a little inconsistent at times. Also, Smith and McKenzie are young, so best not to have too high expectations for them this year, but despite the scoring coming back, Miami needs some freshmen contributions to add depth and take the heat off the top lines.

BandMan, let me know if you want to connect next weekend. And I'm not sure if the football game will make your day go faster.

Geez rhm, I'm disappointed in such a boring title.
            Originally posted by redhawk95
            Interview with Rico. One week to exhibition opener!!!

http://bit.ly/rRjVB

I agree, we'll have up's and down's. Then again, it's quite possible this team will come out dominant. Top 4 finish in the league would be nice, but it will be a very competitive league this year with NMU, OSU, Alaska, ND, Miami and Michigan likely all battling for the first round bye (not that it's been too helpful for us to use to get to Detroit for the conference finals!).

Looking forward to getting back to Goggin on the 9th and seeing some familiar faces and places. There's nothing like the season to help get you through the winter doldrums. The season always seems to go by so fast! But, here we are again.

Can't wait to get started!
            Originally posted by redhawkman10
            Kept the title bland, because I really don't know what to expect. I have a feeling about this team being good, but the fact is the defense/goaltenders are still young. IMO I think we still see a lot like we did last year. This team at times will look amazing, but I have a feeling we also will see some stretches like we did in the second half where they go into a funk. IMO I don't think they will dominate like they did in 2007-2008, still a year away from that but they will be good.

IMO they have the most balanced offense in the country and with the addition of Hartman on the backline a very balanced D core with some bruisers and play makers.

The big question still remains, Who will start in net?

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
              Making me feel like a bum for probably getting in like between 1 and 2 tomorrow. Have to get some pre-game MWF2 in before heading over and possibly NHL Breakaway 99' :-).

Like the title!
              Haha I highly doubt you are a bum. I have class at 8 am but nothing after that so just heading over to the Goggin after that. NHL Breakaway '99 sounds like a good ole time.

Love and Honor

Comment

Smith and McKenzie are young, so best not to have too high expectations for them this year
                By far my favorite, by that barometer pleasant surprise would not even begin to describe the freshmen's play this year.

You know if we wanted a quick way to get a third season thread before the tournament was over we should have gone with one of the more incendiary titles. Guaranteed 10 pages of flames from Wisconsin and UND posters before the night is over.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  By far my favorite, by that barometer pleasant surprise would not even begin to describe the freshmen's play this year.

You know if we wanted a quick way to get a third season thread before the tournament was over we should have gone with one of the more incendiary titles. Guaranteed 10 pages of flames from Wisconsin and UND posters before the night is over.
                  Haha very true, but we got through the last 100 in a week so with the newbies around we may have a third one up should we get to the frozen four in a month.

I love my line in that quote: IMO I don't think we will dominate like we did in 2007-2008, we are still a year away from that . ummm who knew! lol
                  Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Heads up for the out of towners, don't remember if this was in the old one.

But tomorrow's game is on NHL Network.
                    very nice, thanks for that! I didn't even know that, love when that happens. Our boy Starrman going to do the cover?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                      very nice, thanks for that! I didn't even know that, love when that happens. Our boy Starrman going to do the cover?? lol
                      He does seem to have a man-crush on UNO this year so that'd be pretty fitting for him to be there.

Comment

The more I look back on the pre-season thoughts, there are really some classic quotes there. We all knew this team had talent, but there we are "hoping for a bye"... "1 win in the national tourney this season"... "miami student sucks as a newspaper"...

Well, at least one of those thoughts is still something we all agree on.

Comment

The more I look back on the pre-season thoughts, there are really some classic quotes there. We all knew this team had talent, but there we are "hoping for a bye"... "1 win in the national tourney this season"... "miami student sucks as a newspaper"...

Well, at least one of those thoughts is still something we all agree on.
                          I wonder what brilliant statements will be made in the Student tomorrow...

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
                            I wonder what brilliant statements will be made in the Student tomorrow...
                            I bet it will be something to the effect of referring to the team as "the brotherhood" about 27 times too many in an article.

Comment

I bet it will be something to the effect of referring to the team as "the brotherhood" about 27 times too many in an article.
                              Probable. Over/under on misspellings?

Love and Honor

Comment

Working...
                              X