Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    I think its sufficient to say we are also a much different (read; better) team than we were at the beginning of the season. Especially the chemistry that Reilly miele and Palmer have built
    But we are not playing as well now, as we were then. Atleast IMO we aren't.
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Miami has only lost two games since the Robert Morris debacle. One to a then hot UNO team after we had already won the league, the second to an Ohio state team that was fighting for their season not to end. I don't think that's saying we've been playing bad recently

Comment

Miami has only lost two games since the Robert Morris debacle. One to a then hot UNO team after we had already won the league, the second to an Ohio state team that was fighting for their season not to end. I don't think that's saying we've been playing bad recently
        It isn't about win's and losses right now. Its the eye test, they may be winning some games but they aren't playing as well as they were at the end of January. Got to watch the little things in games, JD, you know that. Hopefully it was contained to last weekend, and maybe it was certain things Ohio St. did, but they got a lot on tape this week to improve on. Which isn't a bad thing. Never said they were playing bad, didn't use that word. But they aren't playing their best right now.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Miami Has Two Legs Up in Net

Originally posted by CHN
          Pick a hand.

Both have all the right digits and all the makings and markings of hard work. Each one is strong enough to pick up and carry the heaviest of things. You're ambidextrous; somedays you're a righty, and other, a lefty.

Such is a dilemma faced by Miami RedHawks coach Enrico Blasi with his sophomore goalie tandem of Cody Reichard and Connor Knapp.
          Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

And Wingels on the INCH Hobey Tracker...

Tommy Wingels
            Miami
            Junior | Forward Stats: 39 GP, 16-25—41

The Buzz: The RedHawks have been among the country’s two or three best teams the entire season and figure to have at least one Hobey finalist. Wingels is the choice here because of his consistency — he has at least one point in 19 of Miami’s 23 games since Dec. 1, and he’s only been held scoreless in back-to-back games three times also season.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
              It isn't about win's and losses right now.
              It's not? I thought wins and losses are what tournaments ARE about. You win, you move on. You lose, you go home.

BTW RedhawkBandman, nice article. Thanks. (http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...8_miamihas.php)
              I think if I were Rico I would play Cody on Friday and Conner on Saturday. Here's my reasons: Cody has two wins against the almighty wolverines this year (at Yost no less), and he has been the Friday net minder all year. Conner played a decent game last Sunday against OSU but wasn't really tested except for the first half of the third period.

Friday=Reicard
              Saturday=Knapp

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

JMO
              You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
              GO HAWKS!

Comment

Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post
                It's not? I thought wins and losses are what tournaments ARE about. You win, you move on. You lose, you go home.

BTW RedhawkBandman, nice article. Thanks. (http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...8_miamihas.php)
                I think if I were Rico I would play Cody on Friday and Conner on Saturday. Here's my reasons: Cody has two wins against the almighty wolverines this year (at Yost no less), and he has been the Friday net minder all year. Conner played a decent game last Sunday against OSU but wasn't really tested except for the first half of the third period.

Friday=Reicard
                Saturday=Knapp

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

JMO
                really, your going to pick that part of the comment out and run with it in a completely different direction. C'mon think logically about it, How you play isn't about the wins and losses. You can play poorly and win, just as much as you can play great and lose. I mean seriously smart ***.....

Find one National Championship team/contender who used a rotating goaltender system in the tournament....Can't do it...

Got to keep them shard, I think it's Connor's time right now. Just like it was Zatkoff's time in his sophmore year when him and eff rotated that year. However if he goes back to cody, no qualms about it. Good situation to have.

Comment

really, your going to pick that part of the comment out and run with it in a completely different direction. C'mon think logically about it, How you play isn't about the wins and losses. You can play poorly and win, just as much as you can play great and lose. I mean seriously smart ***.....
                  Dam, chill dude. I was joking. I understand the game, I just thought it sounded funny and ironic with it being tourney time and all, that's all. Sorry to offend you, didn't realize you would be that touchy. And what's with the name calling? Geez, man, maybe you need to unwind a little bit. How about a nice cold beer tommorrow night while watching our Hawks whoop up on the almighty wolverines. That should do the trick.

I agree, whichever guy Rico goes with will be ok with me.

(BTW, that's not the first time I've been called a smart***. I really don't mean to come across that way, it just comes out like that sometime. I need to work on that)
                  You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
                  GO HAWKS!

Comment

Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post
                    Dam, chill dude. I was joking. I understand the game, just trying lighten the mood, that's all. Sorry to offend you, didn't realize you were would be that touchy. And what's with the name calling? Geez, man, maybe you need to unwind a little bit. How about a nice cold beer tommorrow night while watching our Hawks whoop up on the almighty wolverines. That should do the trick.

I agree, whichever guy Rico goes with will be ok with me.

(BTW, that's not the first time I've been called a smart***. I really don't mean to come across that way, it just comes out like that sometime. I need to work on that)
                    Im not touchy, you made a comment and it read to me like a smart *** one. So when I see comments like that I call it out.

No hard feelings, but without the use of a smiley its hard to pick up suttle jokes on the computer...

It can be frustrating when people twist words in a completely different direction then where they were intended. Maybe I didn't word it properly, but I took your comment to be a serious one.

It's all good....

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                      And Wingels on the INCH Hobey Tracker...

Tommy Wingels
                      Miami
                      Junior | Forward Stats: 39 GP, 16-25—41

The Buzz: The RedHawks have been among the country’s two or three best teams the entire season and figure to have at least one Hobey finalist. Wingels is the choice here because of his consistency — he has at least one point in 19 of Miami’s 23 games since Dec. 1, and he’s only been held scoreless in back-to-back games three times also season.
                      Good find, Its nice too see him getting mentioned but if Tommy or any other Miamian got into the hobey hatrick I would be extremely surprised. The team is so balanced in all areas that it is tough to find one guy that either sticks out with numbers or on the ice consistantly enough.

To be honest, it doesn't bother me either. I would much rather have a team that is a true team than one that has one or two players that they ride the coat tails of.

Comment

It isn't about win's and losses right now. Its the eye test, they may be winning some games but they aren't playing as well as they were at the end of January. Got to watch the little things in games, JD, you know that. Hopefully it was contained to last weekend, and maybe it was certain things Ohio St. did, but they got a lot on tape this week to improve on. Which isn't a bad thing. Never said they were playing bad, didn't use that word. But they aren't playing their best right now.
                        This time of the year the wins for the most part stop being pretty. Last year the only "easy" win we had in the NCAAs was against Bemidji. Things weren't that awful this past weekend, like we figured there was a little rust at the beginning of the game Friday, but the bucks with a bit of puck luck to go up early. On Saturday Miami controlled play for the most part as well even when down, but a couple defensive lapses cost them that one, like when Weber pinched and led to a 3x1 against in overtime.

Maybe if the ice wasn't so bad at the Goggin, we would have looked better in that series win. *****http://www.therxforum.com/images/smilies/toast.gif******

Comment

Well, forget the Wingels Hobey possibility.

For a team that started the season with 0 players on the fan voting list, we wind up with Reichard in the final 10, and deservedly so. He can make the final 3 I think if he gets the nod again down the stretch, but as long as we come away with a different piece of April hardware than last season, I'm sure he could care less about the Hobey.

Comment

Well, forget the Wingels Hobey possibility.

For a team that started the season with 0 players on the fan voting list, we wind up with Reichard in the final 10, and deservedly so. He can make the final 3 I think if he gets the nod again down the stretch, but as long as we come away with a different piece of April hardware than last season, I'm sure he could care less about the Hobey.
                            "But as long as we come away with a different piece of April hardware than last season, I'm sure he COULDN'T care less about the Hobey." Common grammatical error

And no I'm not trying to be a smart-*** just messing around haha
                            Last edited by SweeneyHawksHockey; 03-18-2010, 07:54 PM.
                            2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

I know Cody being in the Hobey final ten will have no effect on Rico's decision, but man would I like to see Cody take the reins this weekend and turn in an epic performance to make a final push.

Comment

Great representation by the RedHawks tonight at the CCHA Awards:

Tommy Wingels - Best Defensive Forward
                                Will Weber - Best Defensive Defenseman
                                Cody Reichard - Best Goaltender
                                Enrico Blasi - Coach of the Year
                                Cody Reichard - Player of the Year

Now let's take care of business tomorrow! Love & Honor!

Comment

Working...
                                X