Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
    JD...i must admit that being away from Oxford makes me really miss the German Cellar. def the best beer in town. But an update, I have messaged my travel plans to be in town for the CCHA Rnd 2 playoffs. So i'm very pumped for that. unfortunately, that meant missing GBD.
    Eh as long as you get some big beers and some puck sounds like its win win still.

Comment

All the top seeds have brought home winners so far tonight.

Ohio 3 ND 1
      UNO 6 BG 1
      Michigan 5 Lake 2

Comment

CC helps us try to get our #1 PWR back by beating the Pios in Denver tonight, up next a game in the Springs.

Also

UAF 2 WMU 0

Second period

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          CC helps us try to get our #1 PWR back by beating the Pios in Denver tonight, up next a game in the Springs.

Also

UAF 2 WMU 0

Second period
          Looks like Alaska has learned how to score goals consistantly, that makes them a very very scary team....

Lots of upsets last night. Vermont loses a must win game, Denver, SCSU, UMD all lose.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Lots of shake up in the PWR. to recap:

Miami is back at #1 after Denver's loss.
            Alaska has jumped up to #7 over North Dakota
            Bemidji jumped over SCSU for the last #1 seed
            Vermont somehow stays in the tourny after losing and comes in at 13
            NMU now grabed the last spot and is tied with Ferris at 14
            UNO took a big hit tonight dropping to 20 after Lowell and CC had big wins

Which now gives the CCHA 5 teams in and the WCHA 4. However that will probably change again tonight, but good to see the CCHA moving up and not back.
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Don't forget UNH wins hockey East. And starman still thinks we haven't played anyone

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                Lots of shake up in the PWR. to recap:

Vermont somehow stays in the tourny after losing and comes in at 13
                They are winning TUC comparisons thanks to being 2-0 vs. BU and 2-1 vs. Northeastern. Should those teams falter and drop from TUC status, Vermont will be in big trouble.
                Embrace the hate.

Comment

Good..uh...competitive first round of the CCHA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    Definitely. Michigan and OSU didn't look great, but man Lake and ND looked bad at that whole defense thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                      what I thought 6 teams got byes??? Really was very very uneventful hockey in the first round. However two big rivalry series in the second round with Miami hosting OSU and Michigan st. hosting Michigan. I think the second weekend will provide much more entertainment than the first. I think Ferris might be in big trouble with UNO coming to town they are still rolling. As will NMU hosting Alaska who has found a way to score goals consistantly. Not to mention OSU who played us tough at times this year would love to come into goggin and spoil the second championship for this team. And last but not least its always entertaining when Michigan-Michigan st. get together.

Comment

Western isn't out of it yet, a 2-1 game right now, UAF up.

Denver snagged the #1 PWR back, hopefully Wisconsin knocks Minnie out from being a TUC tomorrow, and OSU (if we get them) will help our rpi out next week while the Pios get to play Tech, so could get it back again by next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                          Western isn't out of it yet, a 2-1 game right now, UAF up.

Denver snagged the #1 PWR back, hopefully Wisconsin knocks Minnie out from being a TUC tomorrow, and OSU (if we get them) will help our rpi out next week while the Pios get to play Tech, so could get it back again by next weekend.
                          Welp. Then UAF scores 2 goals in 30 seconds right when I write that.

Comment

Well looks like we get the Buckeyes again, at least its a team our boys are very confident with.

What happens with the goalies, keep up the rotation in this last weekend to see who to use down the stretch? Or do we stick it out with one and ride him for the rest of the playoffs?

Comment

This is why you rotate during the season. To keep your #1 fresh and to ensure that you have a #2 in case #1 falters.

I think we start up the Reichard train and hitch a ride to where ever it may lead.

I like the matchup vs. OSU. No chance of an emotional letdown which has plagued this team in second round home matchups due to a building that's not full. Stupid spring break.

Hopefully the season ticket holders and their friends are out in force.
                              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                                This is why you rotate during the season. To keep your #1 fresh and to ensure that you have a #2 in case #1 falters.

I think we start up the Reichard train and hitch a ride to where ever it may lead.

I like the matchup vs. OSU. No chance of an emotional letdown which has plagued this team in second round home matchups due to a building that's not full. Stupid spring break.

Hopefully the season ticket holders and their friends are out in force.
                                I agree with going with Cody. I think we can all agree that Conner has played exceptionally this year and has done nothing to not deserve playing time. But I think going with one guy would be best for now. Plus, like 95 says, it isn't like Conner couldn't step in if something happened to Cody (everyone knock on wood 3x...NOW!!!).

I'm definitely on my way back for the games this weekend. Cant wait to be back in O-town.
                                Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X