Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part II: Unfinished Business

Originally posted by RedHawksFan10 View Post
    I may not know a lot about the draft hockey rules, and that's my mistake, I care a lot more about our Miami hockey team than an NHL team. For sure I watch NHL hockey, but i love college hockey more.
    See???? There's hope for you yet!
    Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
      fair enough, I don't want to push anyone away from the board but you need to have thick skin. Especially if you admit you don't know a lot. '08 came on here not know a whole lot engaged in conversation took some critisim in stride and actually has learned a lot, I believe.

I posted what ignorant means and it isn't really meant to be a harsh statement, you admited you weren't knowledgeable and that is the definition. I love talking hockey and so does everyone on here there are some of us that can help you learn and I know I am willing to help.

Maybe I was a little harsh about the UNO comment but I think students sometime get tunnel vision and have a hard time admitting anyone is good besides their program. You can ask redeagle I had it when I first started on here 8 years ago but with age and more knowledge you understand more. It is what it is, and the CCHA is better than most think. Just because Miami has ran through the league doesn't mean otherwise.

Again I apologize if I was too harsh but when you kept coming at me, I wasn't going to back down. Just don't let things get to you too much on here, some things sound different on the computer than they are intended to be.
      Apology accepted. And I apologize for getting hostile as well, when I see certain words which I group as negative, like ignorant, or other blanket associations by people, i just feel as though I need to correct them. I know I need to learn a lot, and i'm willing to listen/read.

Of course I wasn't expecting UNO to come out like that on Saturday, we played like we were recovering from our hangovers. While waiting in line for the Saturday game I saw I believe Schilling (but don't count me on it) walking in, and he literally looked as if he had just crawled out of bed, or had been sleeping in the bathroom all night with his head hanging over the toilet.

No excuse for the way we played, but typically Friday is our close game and then Saturday we tend to come out and give team a good ol' spanking. UNO took advantage of our hungover-ness which is what any good team would do. I've been really surprised by the last half of their season, and wonder where they could possibly go in the CCHA tourney.

At least there are some players on the team that you can always depend on to play well and show up for every game. My personal favorite: Vaive

Anyone going to the game on Saturday in Columbus? I'm excited for it. Last time I went we had more fans that OSU, it was great!

Comment

Apology accepted. And I apologize for getting hostile as well, when I see certain words which I group as negative, like ignorant, or other blanket associations by people, i just feel as though I need to correct them. I know I need to learn a lot, and i'm willing to listen/read.

Of course I wasn't expecting UNO to come out like that on Saturday, we played like we were recovering from our hangovers. While waiting in line for the Saturday game I saw I believe Schilling (but don't count me on it) walking in, and he literally looked as if he had just crawled out of bed, or had been sleeping in the bathroom all night with his head hanging over the toilet.

No excuse for the way we played, but typically Friday is our close game and then Saturday we tend to come out and give team a good ol' spanking. UNO took advantage of our hungover-ness which is what any good team would do. I've been really surprised by the last half of their season, and wonder where they could possibly go in the CCHA tourney.

At least there are some players on the team that you can always depend on to play well and show up for every game. My personal favorite: Vaive

Anyone going to the game on Saturday in Columbus? I'm excited for it. Last time I went we had more fans that OSU, it was great!
        I think UNO is very dangerous, the main thing they have going for them is a coach that has been there before. That and they have tremendous team speed and have a lot of confidence. Confidence at this point in the season is very very dangerous. Case in point NMU last season when they got hot at the end of the year and came into goggin and beat Miami in the playoffs.

That was my main point last week, they do have some skill but they are coached extremely well. Sometimes that makes all the difference. But it is really hard to look past a team that is playing as well as them and NMU this time of year. Positive thing is Miami can't see them until the joe should all get there.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Prolly not, but I may actually be in Oxford for Friday. I may be coming into town this week, so looking forward to it.
          Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
            Prolly not, but I may actually be in Oxford for Friday. I may be coming into town this week, so looking forward to it.
            Or next week...possibly in or around Thursday-ish? lol

Comment

Or next week...possibly in or around Thursday-ish? lol
              Greatest day of the year...one would think we could get kelly kapowski to green beer day don't you think?
              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                how often do you get back? Best time to come and not have to worry about a ticket is friday or saturday of the playoffs...spring break, the building is rather empty.

Comment

Greatest day of the year...one would think we could get kelly kapowski to green beer day don't you think?
                  That would make a great shirt lol...

Comment

That would make a great shirt lol...
                    ummmm yea.....

Comment

So danny B. got a little hostil tonight, anyone else see him own Semin???

also this Finland-czech game is turning out to be a doozy...

Comment

how often do you get back? Best time to come and not have to worry about a ticket is friday or saturday of the playoffs...spring break, the building is rather empty.
                        I'm upset by the seating they're giving to the students. I understand its during break so not a lot of people are coming back, but I am i'm ending my florida beach warm trip early to make it back on time. Anyways...I alwasy get sad when they don't let me sit in my seats . I love sitting by the visitors bench...give them a little taste of Miami student taunts. Sometimes I actually end up making friends with them.

They're giving all the red alert seats to the students and I'm just not a big fan of those seats. I don' think they're the best ones.

Comment

Jonas Hiller was unworldly...That game was right up there with US-Canada, what a freaking hockey game. That sequence with the swiss goal/no goal then US comes down and scores to have it waved off and a penalty called against was insane.
                          That was ridiculous, I was afraid that that two goal swing was going to wind up with the game tied, the states distraught, and swiss coming away with a 1 goal win.

Comment

And wow, apparently we've had some fun in this thread tonight eh?

Do we still have a game this weekend? Or do we need some more Saved By The Bell talk?

Comment

How did Jagr get denied there? Wow. Who to pull for here, Jaromir or Teemu. Tough choice...

Comment

Czechs very close to giving up a penalty shot there. Goalie lost the puck and one of the dman put his hand on it and covered it up just outside the crease.

Then Jagr gets denied point blank again.

Comment

Working...
                                X