Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale... Part Deux

Originally posted by Speedbagged View Post
    Wow, gfmorris, sounds like you have a personal vendetta against Mackinder. Guess it's hard to see anything other than what you want behind those horse-blue glasses, huh?

Be happy "we" won and good luck against Miami and Denver. "You" will be lucky to score one on either one of those goalies.
    I don't have a vendetta against Matt. I've known him for years and really like him. I just disagreed with him on two points in his column, as well as his assertion---which I'm not sure that he really meant to make---that NU and RMU would be mid-pack AHA teams. Air Force was a CHA doormat and does very well in AHA.

As far as the we/you thing, we've been over this. The guys have considered us part of the organization. I'm a booster, supporter, alumnus, and radio guy. I typically hate the "we" in sports, and I don't use it with anything but UAH.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

I see. So you are what one would call a UAH "athletic supporter" huh?
      "Who do you play for?"
      "USA!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
        Got this from Beaver Pride, if Beaver Fans are interested:

On Sunday March 21st, the BSU Men's Hockey team will learn their 2010 Regional assignment. You are invited to join us at the Hungry Bear Banquet & Conference Center to celebrate and enjoy a Sunday Brunch with the team and coaches. The doors will open at 9:30 a.m. and the program, being aired live on ESPN2, will begin at 10:30 a.m.

Sunday's Menu, prepared by the Hungry Bear:

Pot Roast, Smoked Ham, Egg Bake & 3 Entrees to be named

Breakfast Potatoes & Seasonal Veggies

Sausage Links & Bacon

Pasta Salads, Green Salads & Assorted Cheeses

Desert & Sundae Stations

Beverage

Cost for the Brunch is $15 for Adults, Children (3-10) are $8, Infants/Toddlers 2 &under are free.

The Hungry Bear Banquet & Conference Center is located at 2300 24th St. (behind the Home Depot
        I wish i still was in Bemidji to attend this! Graduated in December, and back home living with the parents. Oh well. Working that day anyway, and hopefully there is a stream online to watch, if not, I'll just see how things turn out, best of luck to the Beavs!
        -BSU Jake

Comment

I see. So you are what one would call a UAH "athletic supporter" huh?
          I realize this blog is primarily for entertainment purposes, but even my 20-month old is more mature (and wittier) than that.

Comment

Originally posted by wsp67326 View Post
            I realize this blog is primarily for entertainment purposes, but even my 20-month old is more mature (and wittier) than that.
            I don't doubt that actually. Is this the 20-month-old on the computer? Is he wsp67326?
            "Who do you play for?"
            "USA!!!"

Comment

Just saw this:

http://ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=3114

The Tri-City Storm announced that goaltender Carsen Chubak has committed to Niagara University and will attend the school beginning in the fall of 2010.
              Who's the odd man out? Hare I assume?
              "Who do you play for?"
              "USA!!!"

Comment

Millsy, I agree ... the bad call was waving it off in the first place. Once he did that, overturning it was going to tough.

Geof ... thanks for the offer on the video. It has been passed on, just in case they want it..
                GO PURPS!
                Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

I don't doubt that actually. Is this the 20-month-old on the computer? Is he wsp67326?

Comment

English, MikeAnderson. I do not speak the "lol wut" language.
                    Here, on the Internet, we speak Internet.
                    UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                    2006 Time Person of the Year
                    Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                    It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Hey, Doug!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,229097
                      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                      2006 Time Person of the Year
                      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

We'll find out in 12.5 hours, but every indication is that UAH and Bemidji will both be in Fort Wayne.

HOLY CRAP ON A STICK. Can you imagine a Chargers-Beavers tilt with the FROZEN FOUR on the line?! Yowza.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                          Hmmm, I guess they don't believe in photo credits... maybe I should start imbedding the copyright.
                          Doug
                          UAH 1974
                          Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                          Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                          Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                          Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                          Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Okay, Beavers fans, who among y'all is coming to Fort Wayne? Do any of you have those third wheeled-B jerseys you want to part with? I'll bring some Huntsville beer in exchange.

An all-CHA regional final is like a dreamy gift from the pagan hockey gods.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

I won't be making it...Trying to arrange a viewing in the Twin Cities for it though....

Comment

No doubt in my mind that Bemidji can take Michigan. Huntsville-Miami? Well, we know RoMo beat them twice. Pack it in tight and hope Talbot remains hot. This could happen, Geof.
                                GO PURPS!
                                Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Working...
                                X