Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale... Part Deux

Live from the CHA Tourney...

Well, the last CHA Championship is going out the same way the first CHA Championship came in... with the Chargers playing the Purps... only this time the Purps won't have Gardner to knock the net off and nullify the tying goal.

Another interesting thing I noticed watching the Chargers play RoMo was that with a one goal lead they DIDN'T go into the dreaded Ross "Prevent Defense"... sometimes life is good.

I hope Schooley's hand is okay tomorrow as he punched the wall pretty hard after the final buzzer...

I'd post some pictures of both games except the Internet speed here at the "CHA Hotel" (Comfort Inn The Pointe (they're getting cheap in their last year)) is sooooo slooooow it takes 5 minutes just to preview this post...
    Doug
    UAH 1974
    Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
    Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
    Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
    Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
    Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Since I'm a glutton for punishment here's a couple for you... one from each game.

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/EyeOnThePuck.jpg******
      Here Talbot shows the meaning of "Keep your eye on the Puck". This kind of concentration helped him secure the 1-0 shutout. An instant later he snatched it out of the air with his trapper.

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/HaczykScore.jpg******
      In this one Haczyk broke in on Bakala one-on-one and got the best of him for Niagara's 4th goal.

Since the CHA will disappear from the USCHO next year and our ole buddy Matt MacKinder will be out of a job, I make the motion that Matt becomes the NCAA DI Hockey Independents Correspondent for USCHO. Do I hear a second?
      Last edited by Douglas; 03-13-2010, 12:27 AM.
      Doug
      UAH 1974

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
        well played Niagara. 50% of the CHA is going to the dance. Now this will shake up the bracketology. lol. The CHA is going to go out with flair.
        Hell, nobody else wanted to join the conference to help save it, so the CHA might as well STICK IT to College Hockey one more time.

Go Chargers!!!
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
          Live from the CHA Tourney...

Well, the last CHA Championship is going out the same way the first CHA Championship came in... with the Chargers playing the Purps... only this time the Purps won't have Gardner to knock the net off and nullify the tying goal. :
          Hey, still bi-itching how many years later? Ummm ... and who is our goalie coach now?? I'll remind Gardsie to take tonight's goalie (Noonan, I presume) aside and spend a few minutes on that aspect of goalie play.

I'm thinking that it would be very appropriate to end the CHA the same way it started ... say, 3-2 Niagara.

GO PURPS!
          GO PURPS!
          Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Originally posted by 5hole View Post
            Hey, still bi-itching how many years later? Ummm ... and who is our goalie coach now?? I'll remind Gardsie to take tonight's goalie (Noonan, I presume) aside and spend a few minutes on that aspect of goalie play.

I'm thinking that it would be very appropriate to end the CHA the same way it started ... say, 3-2 Niagara.

GO PURPS!
            Hey, I can hang on to that one for a life time... you know, the one that got away...
            Geof should chime in and back me up anytime now...

Hey, didn't you like the Haczyk goal photo. I took that one while standing on the Niagara bench; I mean literally standing on the Purps bench. It gave me the perfect angle on that goal. I imagine Burkie will like reliving that goal to. Man that Haczyk has got some wheels!!!

Now for that 3-2 score... change it around and I can live with it.

See you at the game...

GO CHARGERS!
            Doug
            UAH 1974

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
              Hey, didn't you like the Haczyk goal photo. I took that one while standing on the Niagara bench; I mean literally standing on the Purps bench. It gave me the perfect angle on that goal. I imagine Burkie will like reliving that goal to. Man that Haczyk has got some wheels!!!

Now for that 3-2 score... change it around and I can live with it.

See you at the game...

GO CHARGERS!
              Hacker's goal: Yup, love that picture. It was a great goal. Speed kills.

You have already had your share of 3-2 wins v. NU this season. I like the idea of bookend championships.

See you at The Bob.
              GO PURPS!
              Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Reversing the curse. Sorry 5Hole.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Dear Bemidji State:

What the hell, over?

Signed,
                  The Rest of the CHA
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

3-3 tie. Seems appropriate. Good luck to both teams tonight but.... I gotta pull for UAH would love to see the headlines say "Next years independent is this years tourney participant"

Good luck UAH in finding a home. But still looking forward to yelling "who hates huntsville" at games.

So what did I win for getting the preseason finishing order right? lol. nada eh?

Comment

Why is Live Stats showing a 5-2 BSU loss?

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        Given that the Chargers are 4-2 against the Purps, with two of those wins on the Dwyer Ice, I say, "Bring it."

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          Reversing the curse. Sorry 5Hole.
                          I said 3-2 before the game. I was just praying that UAH had the 3.

Oh, and the crowd of people at my house LOUDLY sang the fight song into my phone on a message we left for Coach.

Niagara played one hell of a game. Hats off to them. They forced those turnovers very well.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

For the Charger faithful...

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/WinningGoalDesmet-s.jpg******
                            The winning goal.

*****http://www.knology.net/~dougeagan/CelebrationCHA-s.jpg******
                            ...and the celebration.

Enjoy!!!
                            Doug
                            UAH 1974

Comment

We watched the replay a couple dozen times at my house.

DeBruyn with the wrister to Ruffini on the point. Ruffi one-times it between Gotto's legs [looks in one view like it glances off of his skate, but in another view it doesn't] into Noonan's pad. Puck bounces out and up, Beattie settles it down, but right into Desmet's shooting zone. Puck settles just long enough for Keenan to roof it. Textbook overload, down to Cseter cutting through the slot to get backdoor and draw Beattie off of Desmet just a little bit.

Now, you're probably wondering, "Why did Noonan drop his glove?" And the first fifteen times, I wondered that, too. But then I saw that he was really worried about the post being open for a wrister along the ice, which makes sense given that the puck was tumbling and unlikely to settle for a high shot. Noons gets over enough with the toe to close up the hole by the post, but he never lifts his glove again. Felt bad for the guy.
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

I listened on the Niagara stream over the Internet; the announcers were, of course, biased, and really came across as offensive, particularly when they noted Sebastian Geoffrion and his "hometown" as Brentwood, TN, and then joked that there was "no way" he was related to Boom Boom... a little homework would have been appreciated... anyway, I have to give them props for noting that they thought the disallowed first period goal wasw incorrectly decided. Not having seen Niagara's disallowed goal in the 2nd period, I have no idea the actual circumstances, but the announcers were certain it was going to be allowed; when it wasn't, they appeared to chuck it up to payback by the refs for disallowing UAH's. Any one has saw this have a comment about that? It "sounded" as if Niagara was dominating and they seemed to be upset about the penalty call in OT. I would expect, though, that the foul must have pretty egregious and obvious for the refs to blow the whistle in that instance. Hope those who saw it can provide some insight there, too. I'm so proud of the guys; been watching them since 1981... and hope they can pull a Bemidji this year in the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X