Quinnipiac2529[3-7]
    Princeton2428[3-7]
    St. Lawrence2327[3-7]
    Dartmouth1721[8-10]
    Yale1721[8-10]
    Colgate1620[8-10]
    Union37[11-12]
    Brown37[11-12]

A very tight race going into the final weekend. Everyone has something to strive for. Brown and Union are trying to avoid being last, and the next 3 are all in a battle for the last playoff spot.
    It isn't very realistic to expect either Clarkson or Cornell to not get any points this weekend so really it is between them for first and second and the next 5 for third to seventh.

Care to predict the final positions?

Here are mine:

Clarkson 34 - win against both Harvard and Dartmouth
    Cornell 33 - tie with RPI, beat Union
    RPI with 29 - beat Colgate and tie Cornell
    Princeton 28 - 2 wins over Brown and Yale - wins tie breaker over Harvard?
    Harvard with 28 - loss to Clarkson and a win over St. L
    Qpac with 27 - 2 ties, Brown and Yale
    St. L. 26 - lose to Harvard and a tie with Darty
    Dartmouth 18 - tie St. L and lose to Clarkson
    Yale 18 - tie Qpac, lose to Princeton
    Colgate 18 - lose to RPI, win vs Union
    Brown 4 - tie Qpac, lose to Princeton
    Union 3 -2 losses

Re: 2009-2010 ECAC Playoff Picture

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
    teamcurrentpossible[highest-lowest] possible finish
    Clarkson3034[1-5]
    Cornell3034[1-5]
    Rensselaer2630[1-7]
    Harvard2630[1-7]
    Quinnipiac2529[3-7]
    Princeton2428[3-7]
    St. Lawrence2327[3-7]
    Dartmouth1721[8-10]
    Yale1721[8-10]
    Colgate1620[8-10]
    Union37[11-12]
    Brown37[11-12]

A very tight race going into the final weekend. Everyone has something to strive for. Brown and Union are trying to avoid being last, and the next 3 are all in a battle for the last playoff spot.
    It isn't very realistic to expect either Clarkson or Cornell to not get any points this weekend so really it is between them for first and second and the next 5 for third to seventh.

Care to predict the final positions?

Here are mine:

Clarkson 34 - win against both Harvard and Dartmouth
    Cornell 33 - tie with RPI, beat Union
    RPI with 29 - beat Colgate and tie Cornell
    Princeton 28 - 2 wins over Brown and Yale - wins tie breaker over Harvard?
    Harvard with 28 - loss to Clarkson and a win over St. L
    Qpac with 27 - 2 ties, Brown and Yale
    St. L. 26 - lose to Harvard and a tie with Darty
    Dartmouth 18 - tie St. L and lose to Clarkson
    Yale 18 - tie Qpac, lose to Princeton
    Colgate 18 - lose to RPI, win vs Union
    Brown 4 - tie Qpac, lose to Princeton
    Union 3 -2 losses
    I believe a couple of the possible finishes are incorrect. Quinnipiac, Princeton and St. Lawrence cannot finished better than 5th. Clarkson and Cornell cannot finish lower than 4th.

Certainly will be a close battle for final placement until the end. Cannot wait for the games to start this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
      I believe a couple of the possible finishes are incorrect. Quinnipiac, Princeton and St. Lawrence cannot finished better than 5th. Clarkson and Cornell cannot finish lower than 4th.
      Why can't Princeton, Quinnipiac and St. Lawrence finish third or fourth? They are all within three points of third with two games left. They need help, but they can get there.

Comment

Originally posted by rodney View Post
        Why can't Princeton, Quinnipiac and St. Lawrence finish third or fourth? They are all within three points of third with two games left. They need help, but they can get there.
        Ummm...ok, I think I'm wrong. Those three could finish as high as third, but Clarkson and Cornell can't fall below 4th.

Comment

Princeton takes third if they win out, Quinni loses or ties in their final two, and RPI and Harvard lose at least one game (they own tie-breakers against Quinni and Harvard, not sure about RPI--since they tied both games they played against each other, it will go to record against top 4, which we don't know yet).

Comment

Somebody needs to tell Clarkson that the season hasn't ended yet. Get with it Knights!

...personally, I'd start with a goalie change.
            (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
              Somebody needs to tell Clarkson that the season hasn't ended yet. Get with it Knights!

...personally, I'd start with a goalie change.
              Considering that they allowed 2 goals while scoring 1 in 130 minutes last weekend, the brilliance of that move is not immediately obvious.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                Considering that they allowed 2 goals while scoring 1 in 130 minutes last weekend, the brilliance of that move is not immediately obvious.
                There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

U19AAAA Forever!

Comment

Princeton needed Clarkson to beat Quinni. Now we need them to beat Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincetonFan View Post
                    Princeton needed Clarkson to beat Quinni. Now we need them to beat Harvard.
                    Clarkson does very well on home ice, only losing one game this year. Hoping the seats are filled with fans and making lots of noise. Let's Go Tech Love hearing that train whistle blow
                    GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      If you've been watching the games, its clear she isn't playing her best game. The thought of playing a different goalie is, well, shocking isn't it....especially when you have two other very capable goalies.
                      (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

If you've been watching the games, its clear she isn't playing her best game. The thought of playing a different goalie is, well, shocking isn't it....especially when you have two other very capable goalies.
                        I saw the game she played against Princeton, when she didn't allow a goal until overtime. She looked pretty solid to me. It seems that their problem is scoring goals.

Comment

I on the other hand need Harvard or Dart mouth to steal at least one point from Clarkson.
                          ..And I'll keep my fingers crossed that Cornell can take care of business at Lynah.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincetonFan View Post
                            I saw the game she played against Princeton, when she didn't allow a goal until overtime. She looked pretty solid to me. It seems that their problem is scoring goals.
                            Agree that the problem is scoring goals (seams to be a seasonal thing). LDs a great goalie, never said she wasn't. But I also believe there needs to be some rotation going on....especially when things are falling flat all around.

Bottom line, Clarkson should be picking up steam, not losing it.
                            (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                              I on the other hand need Harvard or Dart mouth to steal at least one point from Clarkson.
                              ..And I'll keep my fingers crossed that Cornell can take care of business at Lynah.
                              I'm fine with Dartmouth beating them.

Comment

Working...
                              X