Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Olympic Hockey - Let's Stick It To The Canucks Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Olympic Hockey - Let's Stick It To The Canucks Again!

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
    Actually I had the orginal schedule printed out and both yesterday and Friday's early game were scheduled for NBC the entire time.
    I stand corrected.

NBC's Mike Milbury's "Eurotrash" comment...

http://olympics.fanhouse.com/2010/02...cid=webmaildl1

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
      Actually I had the orginal schedule printed out and both yesterday and Friday's early game were scheduled for NBC the entire time.
      The news isn't that it'll be on NBC, the news is that it'll be live nationwide instead of on tape delay to the west coast.
      Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        I couldn't believe my ears when he said that. I was expecting to see apologies from NBC all over the news today. He also loudly defended Boyle for what I thought was a very dirty hit. And after the first period when Roenick said there would be lots of yelling in the Russian locker room, Milbury said "Yeah, the Russian pout."

Not that it was a surprise - he acts like an idiot quite often.

Comment

Hmmm, NBC is finally figuring out how to broadcast an Olympic Games.

USA Vs. Finland game will be shown live nationwide on NBC at 3 PM EST on Friday.

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/...-olympics.html

There is no doubt that the media, fan & affiliate pressure forced NBC to move the game from MSNBC/CNBC to NBC & to show it live.

So what have we learned this week?

Soccer Mom's may prefer figure skating, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Gary Bettman is an idiot (we already knew this, but it never hurts to repeat it).
          NBC televising the Olympics is a Monopoly and should be looked at by the F.T.C.

Olympic hockey draws more interest than the Stanley Cup Finals.

Canada let the US win last Sunday to boost ratings for the Gold Medal matchup.
          Olympic hockey and the NHL winter classic are the only events with NHL players that I bother to watch. College hockey and ECHL hockey are so much more fun to watch (Lets go Steelheads!!).

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
            I couldn't believe my ears when he said that. I was expecting to see apologies from NBC all over the news today. He also loudly defended Boyle for what I thought was a very dirty hit. And after the first period when Roenick said there would be lots of yelling in the Russian locker room, Milbury said "Yeah, the Russian pout."

JR was on the Dan Patrick Show and said he wasn't going to call the Russians Eurotrash, "That was Milbury's comment...but I'm not going to disagree."

Comment

http://olympics.fanhouse.com/2010/02...cid=webmaildl1
              Like the commentary in that article.

Since he joined the NBC broadcast team, it's been painfully obvious that Milbury is supposed to be America's answer to Don Cherry; loud screaming, the occasional controversial comment or viewpoint and a dislike for anything hockey-related that doesn't come from Kingston or upstate New York. And comments like "Eurotrash" when discussing European or Russian hockey will build that reputation for you. If NBC is going to go down that path, at least force him to dress in bold suits that burn the retinas of the viewer. You know, just for our entertainment.
              Boston University 2009 Champs
              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

I am sure in the back of Milbury's mind is the laziest Russian to lace 'em up - Alexei Yashin.
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                  Like the commentary in that article.
                  You need to link the the picture that they use:

*****http://doncherryjacketwatch.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/doncherryhnic20080509.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by IdahoBemidjiFan View Post
                    Olympic hockey and the NHL winter classic are the only events with NHL players that I bother to watch. College hockey and ECHL hockey are so much more fun to watch (Lets go Steelheads!!).
                    Interesting...
                    The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post

I think JR wants to pump Milbury in the face, i don't think they like eachother at all.

2nd i didn't think the hit on boyle was dirty, maybe just the time and score of the game it was a little tasteless, had it happened while the game was close or earlier in the game i don't think it would have been that big of a deal. boyle's reaction however was very dirty...
                      The Quest For 7

Comment

Not a big fan of all the thugs/goons in the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
                          The news isn't that it'll be on NBC, the news is that it'll be live nationwide instead of on tape delay to the west coast.
                          Why? It is on in the middle of the day. The soccer moms are busy and not watching figure skating yet.
                          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Not a big fan of all the thugs/goons in the NHL.
                            Because there's none of that in the ECHL?
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                              I think JR wants to pump Milbury in the face, i don't think they like eachother at all.

2nd i didn't think the hit on boyle was dirty, maybe just the time and score of the game it was a little tasteless, had it happened while the game was close or earlier in the game i don't think it would have been that big of a deal. boyle's reaction however was very dirty...
                              That's exactly what I thought. Boarding? Maybe, maybe not. Milbury called it late (even though he was just releasing the puck) and high (even though he was bent over at the waist). But what Boyle did was vicious. I like Team Canada (unless they're playing the US), but Boyle should have been sent home for that garbage.

Comment

I will agree with you on College hockey, but the Echl Sucks.
                                Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Working...
                                X