Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Olympic Hockey - Let's Stick It To The Canucks Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Olympic Hockey - Let's Stick It To The Canucks Again!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Scooby, I don't think a second of running clock coverage has been lost so far to commercials so far.
    And it's on NBC? That's a surprise. Good to know, I'm glad I'm wrong.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If anyone wants to know why the Team USA will be in every single game they play: it is the incredible combination of Ryan Miller (duh) and an absolute selfless sacrifice by the entire team to block shots in front of him. These guys blocked about 30 shots today!!!! Holy Cow!!! I don't care who you are...that is a LOT of blocked shots!!!
      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Thank Parise!

Comment

Can't even explain what we just saw. That game was ridiculous. And now the States are on to the medal round.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
            Can't even explain what we just saw. That game was ridiculous. And now the States are on to the medal round.
            Considering most people had them pegged 5th or 6th, I'm pretty happy.
            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
              Like most people, I viewed Canada, Russia and Sweden as the clear top 3. After that, I thought the US, Finland, Czech Republic and Slovakia were all about even. One more win and they'll have exceeded my highest expectations.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                Like most people, I viewed Canada, Russia and Sweden as the clear top 3. After that, I thought the US, Finland, Czech Republic and Slovakia were all about even. One more win and they'll have exceeded my highest expectations.
                Well, we'll medal then, but we did have an easy path without those top 3 in our way. Still, we did beat Canada.
                Boston University 2009 Champs
                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                  Well, we'll medal then, but we did have an easy path without those top 3 in our way. Still, we did beat Canada.
                  It is pretty nice that they all have to beat each other to get to us.
                  "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                    Thank Parise!
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I watched a stream from CTV, and just want to mention the Canadian announcers are all whining about the missed tripping call at the end there. I think it is hilarious, and the way they make it sound the US would have lost if it was called. We totally outplayed the Swiss the whole game, and if it wasn't for Hiller it would have been a slaughter. I hope they lose to Russia.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                      Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Even though we dominated SOG, too close for comfort!...
                        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Nice to see the US win, but they have some work to do if they want to win gold. Hiller was incredible today, held them in it by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by UWBadgerHockey View Post
                            Nice to see the US win, but they have some work to do if they want to win gold. Hiller was incredible today, held them in it by himself.
                            Hiller had a 97.7% save percentage. That's either standing on your head, or poor offense. I think there were a number of pipes. Sometimes when going against a good defensive team you end up trying really hard to hit the small corners.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Everybody agrees!!!

Comment

But only if you have an account number and password, correct? Or are they waiving that for this one since it's on NBC, not one of the cable networks?
                                I watched at work. Didn't need any account numbers or passwords. It just opened directly to the stream. Decent quality, considering. The only downside were the awkward commercial breaks that were crammed in at random stoppages in play.
                                Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Working...
                                X