Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The UND Discussion Thread - We Miss Chay

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
    Everytime I see or hear a decision made by Greg Shepard I can't help but think he was picked on a lot when he was younger. He acquired a bit of power now he weilds it like a .50 cal, shooting first and assessing the damage after.
    It is definitely a case of getting some "new" blood in there to shake things up would go a long way. He has just been around for too long. The coaches can't say anything about him or they will get suspended/punished somehow and the comish backs him and the officals more than the coaches and the players.

Comment

Originally posted by lord k View Post
      Virg Foss ripped the WCHA a new one in today's paper.
      http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/151669
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

It will be interesting to see if the WCHA responds to his article or not?
        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
        Eric's Twitter
        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
          It will be interesting to see if the WCHA responds to his article or not?
          If they do, it will be with their usual response:

Foss must serve a One Game suspension.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

How do you think he really feels?
            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              If they do, it will be with their usual response:

Foss must serve a One Game suspension.
              Now that made my day.

Comment

GREAT news for Chay:

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=71575

This morning -- for the first time in over three months -- Chay Genoway has worked out enough to get a sweat going.

This is some of the best news regarding UND's captain in some time. UND coach Dave Hakstol said this afternoon that the team still doesn't know if Genoway will be able to make it back for this season or not, but he's happy about this development nonetheless.

Hakstol said that Genoway has a little bit of an extra bounce in his step today.

Perhaps Genoway's possible return will depend on how far UND goes. The regular season ends in just 15 days, but the Frozen Four is still seven weeks away.
                Great news, not just for his hockey career, but for him in general.
                He's got to be a ways away from playing due to having to not do any physical activity for 3 months, but we'll see if he plays this year still...

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

GREAT news for Chay:

He's got to be a ways away from playing due to having to not do any physical activity for 3 months, but we'll see if he plays this year still...

That certainly is good to hear!
                  Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

First and foremost, that is great news for Chay, it sucks what happened, but I do wish him the speediest recovery. I tried to stay out of the ******ing match that was last weeks UND @ SCSU thread.

I generally don't stray too far from SCSU threads, but I thought I'd chime in here.

I've been in attendance at the last 5 Sioux games (last night, at SCSU, and Denver at the Ralph). I'm scared to say that over the last 3 they may have turned a corner. At SCSU they essentially outplayed the Huskies for 5 periods and they looked really tough again last night. If Eidsness can lock it up they may make a run this year. I do not want my Huskies to play the Sioux again this year.

Now that I said all of that, I'm sure they'll come out and lay an egg tonight. Carry on boys.

Comment

Sioux recruit Brendan O'Donnell was named the MJHL ROTY:

http://www.mjhlhockey.ca/news_item.aspx?news_id=1720

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Thank you Eidsness, Hextall, and Mario.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

what a weekend.
                          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

GREAT news for Chay:

For Chay to play this year would be medically irresponsible.

His brain was injured, and is recovering. If he is lucky, he will have a full recovery. When his symptoms are apparently gone, most people think he is ready to play. That is naive thinking.

When he is completely free of symptoms, I would say he needs 6 months at a minimum before risking any kind of physical contact to his head. Minimum.

Chay, if you read this, take heed. Do NOT return as soon as your symptoms subside. Your brain is still in recovery well afterwards . . .
                            No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

Notice to all other teams: Beware the eids of march! UND is coming for ya.

Great weekend. Awesome to see Lammy light the lamp twice tonight.

Comment

never gets old to see the stick salute.... thanks Sioux

Comment

Working...
                                X