Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The UND Discussion Thread - We Miss Chay

Originally posted by GOPHER FREAK View Post
    This particular Yale team does present some problems for UND. Apparently their Powerplay is deadly and they are extremely fast and get a lot of chances.
    I agree.
    This is a game that could turn into a shootout.

Yale has some offensive talent and a good PP, as does UND. I think where the difference lies is with the defense/goalie. Yale doesn't have a goalie with near the stats that Eidsness does (and Eidsness faced tougher competition all season), and their defense ranks low nationally. If UND can stay out of the box and cycle/play puck possession like they did during the F5, I like their chances.

If not, it could turn into a 8-5 type game like the Michigan/UND 1st round game from a few years ago.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

If not, it could turn into a 8-5 type game like the Michigan/UND 1st round game from a few years ago.
      I totally forgot about that game. That was a fun one to watch.
      Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
      NFL Min
      MLB NYM, Min
      NHL Min, Dal
      NCAAB Min, Baylor
      NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
      Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

So the Sioux win 3 in a row, Denver loses 2, Wisconsin loses 1, UND wins WCHA. Why aren't the Sioux a #1 seed?

Comment

Originally posted by stpat17 View Post
          So the Sioux win 3 in a row, Denver loses 2, Wisconsin loses 1, UND wins WCHA. Why aren't the Sioux a #1 seed?
          Because seeding isn't based on three games, but rather the whole season.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Here is your answer.

It's that most wonderful time of year when people who pay almost no attention to college hockey start showing up for the NCAA playoffs.
            Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Because seeding isn't based on three games, but rather the whole season.
              Well, that hardly seems fair!
              Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
                I agree. Conference results should also play a role in where a team is seeded in the NCAA tournament.

And why does UND always have to play one of those blasted Boston teams?

Comment

North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I agree. Conference results should also play a role in where a team is seeded in the NCAA tournament.
                    I know! It's like the NCAA doesn't even know they exist!!!
                    And why does UND always have to play one of those blasted Boston teams?
                    Because Barry Melrose says so.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                      I agree.
                      This is a game that could turn into a shootout.

Yale has some offensive talent and a good PP, as does UND. I think where the difference lies is with the defense/goalie. Yale doesn't have a goalie with near the stats that Eidsness does (and Eidsness faced tougher competition all season), and their defense ranks low nationally. If UND can stay out of the box and cycle/play puck possession like they did during the F5, I like their chances.

This was also the same team that was knocked out the ECAC tourney by Brown who sucks (13-20-4) and finished in 11th in the EZAC.
                      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                      Eric's Twitter
                      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post
                        again, work calls, it sucks. gotta work a crappy shift and then miss the Sioux game Saturday.

My only hope is that I won't work Sunday and will be able to watch the game when the Sioux beat Yale.
                        I have softball.

Comment

people who pay almost no attention to college hockey start showing up for the NCAA playoffs.
                          You just described 99.99999% of your local fan base.

Weekend of the West Reg. at the REA (we won't talk about the outcome) I stop at Super Pumper on 32ave and a dude walks in w/ the most obnoxious leather letterman's style Sioux Hockey jacket on and I said "Michigan bring enough to give you a game tonight???"

Super fan looks me dead in the eye and says "WHAT GAME???"......I just looked at him and said "Sir, you just made my day" and laughed as I walked out.

True story...
                          "I'm not looking for the best players, Craig, I'm lookin' for the right ones......"

Comment

Originally posted by Duey View Post

Weekend of the West Reg. at the REA (we won't talk about the outcome) I stop at Super Pumper on 32ave and a dude walks in w/ the most obnoxious leather letterman's style Sioux Hockey jacket on and I said "Michigan bring enough to give you a game tonight???"

Super fan looks me dead in the eye and says "WHAT GAME???"......I just looked at him and said "Sir, you just made my day" and laughed as I walked out.

True story...
                            One of you got it, one of you didn't.
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Grand Forks has around 50k people.
                              Almost every Sioux home game has about 11k Sioux fans show up.

Your math doesn't add up.

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                              One of you got it, one of you didn't.

Hilarious.
                              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

True story...
                                Seems logical to assume because one guy in a jacket didn't know that 99.9999% is the number who pay zero attention.

(Did I include enough 9's in that percentage )

Comment

Working...
                                X