Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The UND Discussion Thread - We Miss Chay

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    Nice job on the sig - wanna change it a little more?
    We can hope.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
      4 more wins, fellas.
      FYP.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Congrats to the Sioux they are playing thier best hockey right now. I see nothing stopping them from championship number 8

Comment

Originally posted by Turk 77 View Post
          Congrats to the Sioux they are playing thier best hockey right now. I see nothing stopping them from championship number 8
          You're pulling a Denny Green on us, right?
          Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Am I the only one who has a calm, confident feeling as we tread through the early part of this week?

Typically, I would have a ton of butterflies already in anticipation of the coming weekend, but there is nothing yet....hmmmmmm.
            Enjoy Fighting Sioux Hockey Videos on My Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by RedFrog View Post
              Am I the only one who has a calm, confident feeling as we tread through the early part of this week?

Typically, I would have a ton of butterflies already in anticipation of the coming weekend, but there is nothing yet....hmmmmmm.
              No, you're not. The boys are playing a quality opponent, no doubt. But after last weekend especially, it looks like they are very ready to take care of business. It will be interesting to see if the officiating will be much different than what they are used to. The physical play has worked in their favor.
              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

The officiating could have a huge impact. We will find out and hopefully the players can adjust quickly if they have to. Physical play has been what has made this years team a force.

Personally i like that we won't have to play any wcha schools until the championship game. (if it all works out). It's a national tournament and it is fun to play some different opponents.

Comment

No, you're not. The boys are playing a quality opponent, no doubt. But after last weekend especially, it looks like they are very ready to take care of business. It will be interesting to see if the officiating will be much different than what they are used to. The physical play has worked in their favor.
                  It definitely feels as though they cannot be stopped right now when they play their game; but the last team I heard referred to as "the hottest" in the league/country was the Dallas Cowboys in early January...
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

the team is where it needs to be mentally.
                    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
                      You're pulling a Denny Green on us, right?
                      No I have been a college hockey fan a long time. UND has that feel of team thats getting better and better. The loss to the Gophers in the second game of the WCHA playoffs was prolly the best thing that could happen to them.It woke them up that they have to show up everynight and my gut feeling says they will

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                        Certainly nothing against RIT, but I think both Michigan and UND faced tougher opponents during their recent surges than RIT did.

Air Force and Canisius were both barely over .500, and other than Sacred Heart, the rest of their opponents during that stretch were well below .500.
                        Swami has to keep sandbagging or something feels off kilter for him.

I suspect the Sioux will see a team very similar to St. Cloud Saturday. Very skilled offensively, capable of putting a lot of shots on net and dangerous on the pp. It also appears Yale is an older team, lead primarily by juniors and seniors (or in their terminology, lots of 10's and 11's ). Those types of teams can be tough to beat come tournament time.

They also appear to have some size on the blue line. It will be interesting to see if the Sioux forecheck can wear them down like it has a lot of other teams.

I'm encouraged by the fact that at least statistically Yale is pretty poor both defensively and on the penalty kill. UND is always expected to have to kill a lot of penalties due to it's aggressive style. However, one overlooked aspect of this team is they draw a ton of penalties as well. I think there are only 2-3 teams nationally that had more power play opportunities this year than UND. That was something the Sioux took advantage of the last time they played an ECAC team in the tournament (Princeton '08).
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

It looks like Yale throws a ton of shots on net. Even against UW they outshot them pretty handily. I wonder how many of those are quality shots, or do they wind up from the blueline hoping to get the rebounds.

Should be an exciting game!
                          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I think UND fans are overlooking something......Sure they won 12 of 13 but 7 of those were at home and 3 were in a UND friendly X to which which many of you and Hak suggested felt like the REA.

My point.....maybe Yale and for sure BC will travel VERY well to Worcester.

But I'm sure it will be fine....good luck
                            "I'm not looking for the best players, Craig, I'm lookin' for the right ones......"

Comment

Originally posted by Duey View Post
                              I think UND fans are overlooking something......Sure they won 12 of 13 but 7 of those were at home and 3 were in a UND friendly X to which which many of you and Hak suggested felt like the REA.

My point.....maybe Yale and for sure BC will travel VERY well to Worcester.
                              I would think the place will be packed with BC supporters.

Hopefully the Sioux can overcome the crowd and just play their game. If they do that, I like their chances. Their away games during that stretch were SCSU and CC. They absolutely killed SCSU in that Sat game (the Mario/Marvin "fight" ignited the offense...and maybe this whole run) and then swept CC in a building where the Sioux don't normally do well in.

And then we can't forget UND's Beanpot regional win from a few years ago, which was in....Worcester.

Go Sioux!

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                                And then we can't forget UND's Beanpot regional win from a few years ago, which was in....Worcester.

Oh yeah...that's right, I forgot. I also forgot so maybe you can help w/ this too....how many of those kids are playing now?

Again....I'm sure it will be fine. I hope flood waters go down so the parade route can be finalized.
                                "I'm not looking for the best players, Craig, I'm lookin' for the right ones......"

Comment

Working...
                                X