Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The UND Discussion Thread - We Miss Chay

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I cannot believe how much Jason has improved, just over the course of this season. For a guy who came in with the reputation of a scorer/sniper, he just does so many good things. Killing penalties, grinding along the wall, screening the goaltender. He's one of those players who I am always relieved to see on the ice during the crucial moments of a game as we're trying to hang onto a lead.
    add to that list the leadership qualities that earned him an "A" on his sweater for the rest of the season and probably next year.
    "Props to them. They came to a war with guns and we came with butter knives..."
    Minnesota senior defenseman R.J. Anderson said after North Dakota swept the Gophers on January 9-10.

Message to Chay Genoway: thank you so very much, now win that **** NCAA title!

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
      Very true. The other thing that's so impressive about him is how strong he is on the puck. He's not that big, but sometimes he looks like VandeVelde when he's skating the puck around in the opponent's zone.
      Yes. The thing that always impresses me with Gregoire is how he is so elusive going through/around defenders. He's not the quickest skater, so he doesn't burn through them with speed, but he has a knack for hanging onto the puck and getting it to the net somehow.

I would love to see him return for his junior season. He would be a force next year if he does...
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Gregoire is extremely well rounded and has played with the poise of a senior since the 2nd half of his freshman season.

Thankfully he got really hot again this year at the tail end of the season.

Comment

Wednesday update from Brad:

The weekly media session was this morning because the Sioux are heading down to St. Paul this afternoon.

One player was a little excited about the St. Patrick's Day holiday. Brad Malone is Irish, pretty much full-blooded, he said. He also referred to his hometown of Miramichi, N.B., as the Irish capital of Canada. He walked in to the media room and greeted everyone with a "Happy Holidays."

Coach Dave Hakstol, who is not Irish, said that defenseman Joe Gleason definitely won't be playing Thursday and is doubtful for this weekend. Beyond that, the team is taking it day-to-day, Hakstol said. That means we can expect to see Corey Fienhage and Brent Davidson back on the blue line. Hakstol discussed Davidson's play a little bit.

He also talked about the big weekend for Matt Frattin, who scored four goals in the three games. Hakstol said that Frattin is getting to a level of consistency that the Sioux haven't seen from him yet. Even if Frattin is not at the top of his game, his baseline level of play is still very high, Hakstol said.

UND will have to make an adjustment on his line, though. The team is 9-2 since putting Frattin with Evan Trupp and Brad Malone. That's the only line that hasn't changed during UND's late-season run. Expect them to be back together after Frattin serves his one game suspension for his hit on Kevin Wehrs.

If UND beats Duluth, the Sioux will have to play six games in nine days. So, UND has been very careful in trying to get players rested and healed up. Malone said the team is quite banged up right now, but they'll get the adrenaline going on game days.

Brad Eidsness trained heavily this summer in order to better condition himself. Hakstol said that's going to be very important for Eidsness right now. Eidsness certainly hasn't showed any signs of slowing down. UND could make the decision to play Aaron Dell this weekend, as the Sioux already know they are in the NCAAs.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
            Speaking of Winnipeg...

Gregoire article in the Winnipeg Free Press:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opi...-88080167.html
            The writer, Tim Campbell, is a little testy: "Genoway... was checked from behind and had his head brutally driven into the glass by St. Cloud's Aaron Marvin, a disgraceful incident in that he had already gotten rid of the puck and been bumped into the boards by another St. Cloud player before Marvin even arrived."

(ps - my apologies for writing "little testy". Don't squirm)

Comment

Hi all! I've started a new blog at http://wchahockeyblog.blogspot.com. Come and check it out. I think you'll like it.
              "I told him about this offer and he (Thomas Vanek) told me about the fans at the National Hockey Center," Nodl said. "I was like 'Wow.' He loved playing there because it was so crazy. The students really get into it. It wasn't like Minnesota where you have 10,000 old people not making any noise."

Comment

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-ol-Brock.html

Brock Nelson in The Hockey News.
                "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                  Ha! I posted that link 20 posts ago!

A few articles from the Herald about the F5:

Duluth Season in Balance

Eidsness

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Chay Genoway is on the 3rd Team All WCHA despite only playing 9 games the whole year. Very impressive...

Also, Eidsness is 2nd Team All WCHA and Kristo is ROY and on the Rookie Team.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      Chay Genoway is on the 3rd Team All WCHA despite only playing 9 games the whole year. Very impressive...

Also, Eidsness is 2nd Team All WCHA and Kristo is ROY and on the Rookie Team.
                      That shows how much respect he has around the league to be an All-WCHA selection despite very limited game. Congrats to Chay, Danny, and Brad. Kristo is UND's first ROY since Brady Murray.

Noticed this stat on the Sioux blog:

Brad Eidsness is 10-1 with a 1.36 goals-against average and a .945 save percentage during the last 11 games.
                      Yowzers...keep it up Brad!

Can we finally beat Denver??

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Starting last Sunday...gotta win 8 to get #8.
                        THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                        1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                        1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                        University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                        University of Oregon Ducks Football
                        San Francisco Giants
                        Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Here in Grand Forks we recieved our FEMA $ and used it to build dikes. NO SANDBAGGING ALLOWED!

Sioux 3 Denver 0. Frattin on fresh legs gets a hatty.
                          Last edited by lord k; 03-19-2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lord k View Post
                            Here in Grand Forks we recieved our FEMA $ and used it to build dykes. NO SANDBAGGING ALLOWED!

Sioux 3 Denver 0. Frattin on fresh legs gets a hatty.
                            Build WHAT?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Blacks tonight?

Comment

I've seen them play in their blacks only once, at WI. I'd love to see them play in their blacks...It just adds to the aura and atmosphere.
                                THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                                1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                                1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                                University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                                University of Oregon Ducks Football
                                San Francisco Giants
                                Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Working...
                                X