X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The UND Discussion Thread - We Miss Chay

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Go Sioux.
    Go Mankato (would be nice to avoid the play-in).
    I concur.

Let's get another crack at UW or DU and see what happens.
    'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

So saying this will likely jinx him and he'll take one tonight, but Jason Gregoire has not taken a penalty yet at UND. I didn't realize that.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        So saying this will likely jinx him and he'll take one tonight, but Jason Gregoire has not taken a penalty yet at UND. I didn't realize that.
        Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly on what your saying but Gregoire had 28 PIM last year and 6 PIM so far this season(according to hockeydb.com).

Wasn't Zach Jones on a long streak of not getting a penalty but once that streak was announced he ended up going to the penalty box a couple of times that night? lol

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
          Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly on what your saying but Gregoire had 28 PIM last year and 6 PIM so far this season(according to hockeydb.com)
          USCHO proves it sucks once again. It lists him as not having a penalty either year.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I try not to post on other teams threads but this was just wrong

http://board.uscho.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=237

Comment

Time to buckle down and take it to them tonight.
              The Sioux are a better team than the inconsistent Gophers, and hopefully tonight they can show it. We need to improve our PP/PK from last night, not breathe on Cepis, and get more people to the front of the net to clean up the rebounds that Kangas gives up.

Frankly, if the Sioux can't beat the desperate Gophers in a 3-game series at REA, then maybe they need the time off for the F5 to refocus on the NCAA effort.

Go Sioux!
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Time to buckle down and take it to them tonight.
                The Sioux are a better team than the inconsistent Gophers, and hopefully tonight they can show it. We need to improve our PP/PK from last night, not breathe on Cepis, and get more people to the front of the net to clean up the rebounds that Kangas gives up.

Frankly, if the Sioux can't beat the desperate Gophers in a 3-game series at REA, then maybe they need the time off for the F5 to refocus on the NCAA effort.

Go Sioux!
                Agreed. North Dakota is the better team. If we play our game, we'll win. If we don't, then we open ourselves up to an off week prior to the NCAAs.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I have 2 lower level center ice tickets (Section 104, Row 20, Seats 11-12) to sell for the WCHA Final Five.

Face Value for the tickets is:

Thursday March 18th 7:00 pm ($18 per ticket)
                  Friday March 19th 2:00 pm ($33 per ticket)
                  Friday March 19th 7:00 pm ($43 per ticket)
                  Saturday March 20th 2:00 pm ($23 per ticket)
                  Saturday March 20th 7:00 pm ($43 per ticket)

Face Value is $320 for both tickets for all 5 games. I'm will to sell the 2 tickets for individual games also. If you're interested in one, some or all of the games email me at Sunnybasic@msn.com
                  I've been to Agganis (BU), Alfond (Maine), Alltel (Mankato), Berry (NMU), Boston Garden (Beanpot), Conte (BC), DECC (UMD), Gutterson (Vermont), Hobey Baker (Princeton), Houston Fieldhouse (RPI), Joe Louis (GLI), Kohl (Wisconsin), Lawson (WMU), Lynah (Cornell), MacInnes (MTU), MSG (BU/Cornell), Mariucci (Minnesota), Matthews (NU), Munn (MSU), National Hockey Center (SCSU), Ralph (ND), Ridder (Minnesota), TD Banknorth (Quinnipiac), Whittemore (UNH), Xcel (Final Five), and Yost (Michigan).

Comment

Nice job Sioux.

See you in St Paul. Beat those Bulldogs!
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Nice job Sioux.

See you in St Paul. Beat those Bulldogs!
                      It was almost a reverse of last night's game. North Dakota was able to capitalize on the powerplay while Minnesota was not. It's always nice to end the Gophers season, and then hear some of their lesser fans try to rationalize it by taking pot shots at our players and coaches. It's also comical to get called a dbag by Happy

On to the Final Five, North Dakota has a chance to play itself into a #1 seed if they can win the tourney and see BC falter in the Hockey East tournament. Saying that, we'll have a VERY difficult road to doing that, but I can't wait until Thursday night.
                      North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        It was almost a reverse of last night's game. North Dakota was able to capitalize on the powerplay while Minnesota was not. It's always nice to end the Gophers season, and then hear some of their lesser fans try to rationalize it by taking pot shots at our players and coaches. It's also comical to get called a dbag by Happy

On to the Final Five, North Dakota has a chance to play itself into a #1 seed if they can win the tourney and see BC falter in the Hockey East tournament. Saying that, we'll have a VERY difficult road to doing that, but I can't wait until Thursday night.
                        UND imo has no chance of seeing a number one seed.
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                          Largely because you've basically already crowned DU as national champions. As most Sioux fans could tell you, we have yet to play DU at full strength. I would love to get another shot (or two) at DU before this season is done. They are slightly overrated in my opinion.
                          North Dakota

Comment

Wrong. I said in Jan to watch out for UND:

1. Their traditional second-half surge
                            2. Even when they played badly, they still played pretty good.

Also, congrats to the Sioux for making the F5. Tonight showed why they are in the NCAA's, and why they are a dangerous team (no twist of words on this on, as to: Frattin hit, I'm sincere). After seeing about a dozen games of them (thank you FCS) they will make noise in the tourney.

And DU is not overrated. They are just not flashy. They do just enough to win. And Chevy is a man amongst children.

Hint, though: tell Eids not to bobble the puck so much. Against teams not named MTU/MN, that's gonna cost him sooner or later.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

no one asked for your opinion... enjoy the off-season

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Wrong. I said in Jan to watch out for UND:

1. Their traditional second-half surge
                                2. Even when they played badly, they still played pretty good.

Also, congrats to the Sioux for making the F5. Tonight showed why they are in the NCAA's, and why they are a dangerous team (no twist of words on this on, as to: Frattin hit, I'm sincere). After seeing about a dozen games of them (thank you FCS) they will make noise in the tourney.

And DU is not overrated. They are just not flashy. They do just enough to win. And Chevy is a man amongst children.

Hint, though: tell Eids not to bobble the puck so much. Against teams not named MTU/MN, that's gonna cost him sooner or later.
                                It has cost Eids plenty of times over the last two seasons...We are all aware of it

I guess what I meant by DU being overrated is that some people on this board think that DU is the best team. From what I've seen in college hockey as a whole this season, is that there are about a half dozen teams with legitimate shots at the National Championship and there isn't much that seperates those teams. IMO, DU is no better than Wisconsin, North Dakota, Miami, or Boston College.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X