The UND Discussion Thread - We Miss Chay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The UND Discussion Thread - We Miss Chay

Hakstol said after the game that Davidson has been practicing as a defenseman for the past two months. I did not know that. Hak was very satisfied with Big Ben's "meat and potatoes" game.

Now we're tied with UMD and have a chance to catch SCSU. I'll be surprised if the Mavericks sweep the Huskies, but a win Saturday would mean the Sioux can finish no worse than fourth.
    Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by Slash01 View Post
      2. He can get a year's medical hardship if he doesn't return this season.
      What if he doesn't want to do that? I'm not saying that he should come back this season, but I'm also not assuming that Genoway coming back next season is a given.
      Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

UND's lines

17 Jason Gregoire--29 Chris VandeVelde--7 Danny Kristo
        19 Evan Trupp--22 Brad Malone--21 Matt Frattin
        26 Brett Hextall--11 Darcy Zajac--10 Corban Knight
        9 Mario Lamoureux--27 Carter Rowney--18 David Toews

2 Andrew MacWilliam--24 Ben Blood
        3 Derrick LaPoint--25 Jake Marto
        15 Brent Davidson--20 Joe Gleason

31 Brad Eidsness
        32 Aaron Dell

(Fienhage is healthy scratch)
        Move Knight to the 4th line in place of Toews, (who has been in and out of the lineup the past weekend or two) and throw Genoway on the line with Hextall and Zajac--now we're talking.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr1 View Post
          we know this for sure in bold
          1.DU 40 pts
          2.UW 37 pts
          3.scsu 33pts
          4.und 31 pts
          5. umd 31 pts
          6.CC 27 pts
          7.UM 24 pts
          8.AA 20 pts
          9.MANKATO 17pts
          10. TECH 8 pts
          Mankato has 19pts according to wcha.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie View Post
            Yep.

UND could play CC, UMN, UAA, or MSUM in the 1st round, with only one game remaining.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie View Post
              sorry --thats right, it was late math at midnight = ********
              Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                Yep.

UND could play CC, UMN, UAA, or MSUM in the 1st round, with only one game remaining.
                The good news is that IF the Sioux win tonight, it takes out the CC-to-Grand-Forks scenario. They would be my least-favored opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
                  What if he doesn't want to do that? I'm not saying that he should come back this season, but I'm also not assuming that Genoway coming back next season is a given.
                  I really don't think he wants to come back next season. Some people find it odd that he would not want to if he has an extra year of eligibility but I think he is at that point of his life that he wants to go and do new things next year, even if he did love his time playing for UND. You can (or should) only stay in college for so long.
                  I'll take Shep anyday instead of the usual clowns.

Brian Thul= Best WCHA Ref. Ever.

Never Forget: 04/10/08
                  The Disaster in Denver

Comment

Originally posted by Stromer View Post
                    I really don't think he wants to come back next season. Some people find it odd that he would not want to if he has an extra year of eligibility but I think he is at that point of his life that he wants to go and do new things next year, even if he did love his time playing for UND. You can (or should) only stay in college for so long.
                    You're right, and it's not odd at all. Chay's a smart kid and good student. If he can graduate this spring, why not move on with his hockey career? A hit from behind at UMD in 2008 nearly ended his season early. A hit from behind in 2010 did. He knows about Robbie Bina and Derrick Lapoint. If I were him, I'd be thinking twice about whether I wanted to play another season in the WCHA and having my hockey career permanently ended.

Comment

Well game day!!! Let's go sioux!!! On way to GF for game tonight, SIOUX hockey+ Honeywise+ good friends= GREAT FUN!!!
                      Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stromer View Post
                        I agree. I just don't think he will be back next year. He will more than likely be done with his school work and he will want to move on. He seems like the type of player that would be well suited for the European leagues. He could make decent money, see the world and play in a very non-physical environment. I don't really know if any NHL teams are super interested in him. If they are I am sure he would be ready to give that a run as that is the ultimate dream for a young hockey player.

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
                          You're right, and it's not odd at all. Chay's a smart kid and good student. If he can graduate this spring, why not move on with his hockey career? A hit from behind at UMD in 2008 nearly ended his season early. A hit from behind in 2010 did. He knows about Robbie Bina and Derrick Lapoint. If I were him, I'd be thinking twice about whether I wanted to play another season in the WCHA and having my hockey career permanently ended.
                          Do you think the European leagues will be gentler? Maybe they are ....

The need for Genoway at least on defense is not as great with some of the players coming in. My freshman son says the mood or tone on campus is "confused" about Genoway, and many think he'll not be around next year. Too bad.

In these days of HIPAA at least we know he suffered an upper body injury. More info would be nice.
                          No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

Originally posted by Slash01 View Post
                            Do you think the European leagues will be gentler? Maybe they are ....
                            It's the difference between making money by playing professionally or playing in the WCHA for nothing at the risk of never playing again. Playing in Europe seems to be working out well for Colby.

Comment

For tonight's game, Marto is out with an injury and Fienhage takes his spot, so the third D-pairing is Fienhage and Davidson.
                              Also, Bruneteau is in for Toews on the 4th line.

Sucks about Marto, hope it's nothing serious and he can be back for the 1st round playoffs.
                              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

UND gets the sweep.

Gophers are coming to town for the chance to play in the F5.
                                UND can end their season.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X