X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The UND Discussion Thread - We Miss Chay

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Genoway, from the Sioux blog:

So, he wants to play again this season, but still has a ways to go...
    I wonder how long it is before Chay start practicing with the team. He seems to be running out of time unless the Sioux go to the frozen four.
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
      I wonder how long it is before Chay start practicing with the team. He seems to be running out of time unless the Sioux go to the frozen four.
      I also wonder how and where they'll fit Chay into the lineup. Who sits? Gleason? Fienhage? Who do you pair him with? Is bringing him back now worth risking what's been working at such an important time of year?

I'd love to see Genoway back on the ice in a Sioux jersey. But I can't help but wonder if now's the right time to do it. I could see it being a great lift for the team. On the other hand, I can also see it messing with the current successful team chemistry.

I'm glad that I don't have to make the decision.
      Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
        I also wonder how and where they'll fit Chay into the lineup. Who sits? Gleason? Fienhage? Who do you pair him with? Is bringing him back now worth risking what's been working at such an important time of year?

I'd love to see Genoway back on the ice in a Sioux jersey. But I can't help but wonder if now's the right time to do it. I could see it being a great lift for the team. On the other hand, I can also see it messing with the current successful team chemistry.

I'm glad that I don't have to make the decision.
        Plus, how long would it take for him to get back into game shape? Tough questions for the coaching staff.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Linky time:

BMT Senior Tribute
          http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=72715

Frattin/Malone/Trupp line
          http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/153116/

PWR Position
          http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/153236/

Q&A with Blood
          http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/153244/
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

If Chay does come back he will probably see limited time. Quaterbacking the powerplay etc. He is good at avoiding getting clobbered but the physicality of the games is only going to increase once the playoffs start.

Comment

Not to weigh too much into the productions of Brad Miller Time, but it certainly seems like the players are sold on the fact that Genoway is not going to be around much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by HostileAndAbusive View Post
                Not to weigh too much into the productions of Brad Miller Time, but it certainly seems like the players are sold on the fact that Genoway is not going to be around much longer.
                They would certainly know better than us message board fans.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

How about this--- If Chay does return this year, how about putting him on a line with Vande and Gregs... that with Trupp, Malone, Frattin makes for a potent 1-2 punch... that keeps are defence (that is playing really well) intact.
                  and then have 3rd and 4th lines of Zajac, Hextall, Kristo and Lamoureux, Knight, Rowney!!!! thoughts?
                  Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdr1 View Post
                    How about this--- If Chay does return this year, how about putting him on a line with Vande and Gregs... that with Trupp, Malone, Frattin makes for a potent 1-2 punch... that keeps are defence (that is playing really well) intact.
                    and then have 3rd and 4th lines of Zajac, Hextall, Kristo and Lamoureux, Knight, Rowney!!!! thoughts?
                    Actually, I was thinking about the possibility of Genoway playing forward if he comes back. We really need more help there than we do in the defensive corps. He could still play the point on the power play, too.
                    Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

I just don't think Genoway would be as effective as a forward compared to him playing D. As a dman he has all the time/space he wants to wind up and speed up ice. As a forward he wouldn't be given that space.

That said, it looks like Hakstol is already switching up the defense and Genoway isn't even back yet. Check out the 3rd defensive pairing for tonight:

UND's lines

17 Jason Gregoire--29 Chris VandeVelde--7 Danny Kristo
                      19 Evan Trupp--22 Brad Malone--21 Matt Frattin
                      26 Brett Hextall--11 Darcy Zajac--10 Corban Knight
                      9 Mario Lamoureux--27 Carter Rowney--18 David Toews

2 Andrew MacWilliam--24 Ben Blood
                      3 Derrick LaPoint--25 Jake Marto
                      15 Brent Davidson--20 Joe Gleason

31 Brad Eidsness
                      32 Aaron Dell

(Fienhage is healthy scratch)
                      Interesting.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I just don't think Genoway would be as effective as a forward compared to him playing D. As a dman he has all the time/space he wants to wind up and speed up ice. As a forward he wouldn't be given that space.

That said, it looks like Hakstol is already switching up the defense and Genoway isn't even back yet. Check out the 3rd defensive pairing for tonight:

Interesting.
                        very -----you might be on to something brianvf!!! or he just wanted to get davidson in the lineup 1 last time this year!!!
                        Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Interesting.
                          There's another way of looking at that: We're short another forward!

Comment

Coming back it will be much easier for Chay to play defense. Every shift is just more demanding on the legs and lungs as a forward.

With the amount of time UND spends in the offensive zone he would get banged around more playing forward. Playing defense he can make the breakout pass when he has to and in the offensive zone make passes or take shots from the blueline.
                            Playing forward he will have to buzz around and forecheck like a madman.

Not that he can't but it would be hard on him physically.

Comment

we know this for sure in bold
                              1.DU 40 pts
                              2.UW 37 pts
                              3.scsu 33pts
                              4.und 31 pts
                              5. umd 31 pts
                              6.CC 27 pts
                              7.UM 24 pts
                              8.AA 20 pts
                              9.MANKATO 17pts
                              10. TECH 8 pts
                              Last edited by jdr1; 03-06-2010, 12:26 AM. Reason: update
                              Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Huge, huge mistake if Chay plays at the end of this season.

1. He has post-concussive syndrome. The effects have lingered a long time. When the symptoms (i.e., dizziness, nausea, headache) decrease, the brain still often needs months afterward to continue to heal. He is in no way ready once the severe symptoms subside.

2. He can get a year's medical hardship if he doesn't return this season.

3. To get into game form takes awhile and to expect him, or anyone, to be in good form right off is unrealistic.

4. His physicians will be held responsible if his symptoms reappear. I am frankly surprised it has not been announced that he is done for the year. Perhaps that has been decided but we have not been told yet.
                                No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

Working...
                                X