May I have this dance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May I have this dance?

Here is a little vid from the BGSU vs Miami game on Saturday night. Probably the most interesting thing is that Wiseman does not receive a penalty and the BGSU ends up with a 7 min penalty kill. I would also think that the cheap shot at the end may end up getting that player (Hirschfeld) a few extra games to think about what he did?

Also, the Miami coach gets tossed and bows (not seen) as he leaves the ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TyLZDGuE2M

Re: May I have this dance?

Gwozdecky teaches his students well, I see.

Comment

I'm just mad that I couldn't see the bow from my seat!

But seriously, I made that vid this morning out of boredom and threw it on youtube to show to a couple friends how did you stumble across it??
      Last edited by MUhawks628; 02-15-2010, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        I'm just mad that I couldn't see the bow from my seat!
        LOL... that's because he is about 4 feet tall. Nobody on the board side of the rink could see him, he was shorter then the boards.

Comment

There was a rumor going through my section that he had flipped Hall off on his way out, would have been humorous, but glad to see that did not actually happen...a bow is much classier.
          Last edited by MUhawks628; 02-15-2010, 07:45 PM.

Comment

why the f is there music on the video? miami fans are stupid; and you suck at editing.
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
              why the f is there music on the video? miami fans are stupid; and you suck at editing.
              Eloquently stated.

Comment

I was there, and I thought it was the best thing I have seen in my four years here at Miami.

Truthfully BG had been pushing it all night. Friday and Saturday night their players had intentionally and numerously been hitting both our goalies with their sticks taking cheap shots on them. The one that started that huge fight I believe was when one of their players hit Knapp with his stick after the play was blown dead.

So I don't blame any of our players for what they did. As it said in the article, we were just defending our goalie. As for Alden, yeah that may have been a little over-reactionary, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets suspended for a couple of games.

The verbal fight between the two coaches was awesome but Rico getting ejected was even more awesome. All of the Miami fans there were cheering him on as he left the ice chanting his name.

Comment

Good hit by Hirsch. That BG player went in with the intention of running Knapp looks like in the vid. Gotta stand up for our #2 goalie, he never even tried to stop. What a goon.

Comment

One of the best things I have ever seen. I wonder what Rico said to get the early exit? But Rico does have a leg to stand on here.

From what I read elsewhere Sanborn is a pretty young referee, but Hall is a veteran. He should have never let this whole incident escalate to the level it did. Bowling Green players saying they were "finishing the play" and slashing both Reichard and Knapp after the puck had been clearly covered for a few seconds is just unnecessary. The hit that led to the brawl wasn't just a slash either, a BG player actually went into Knapp with some speed and took him out. And like any good teammates Wideman as well as the rest of the crew were there to defend their goalie.

I'm glad Rico was standing up for his players as well. Shows how much both the coaching staff and the Brotherhood are really united.

Yes Hirschfeld may have went a bit overboard but you have to remember emotions were running high and sometimes things just happen. Hopefully the penalty to Hirschfeld is only a game or two because with good referees this never would have happened in the first place.
                    Last edited by SweeneyHawksHockey; 02-15-2010, 09:11 PM.
                    2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Fun stuff. The last shot really was the interesting part IMO. The BG player should have just gone off into the box. Instead, he starts barking and gets cheap-shotted by a Miami player. With no helmet on, he was not far from getting boarded head-first into the wall. He should have just gone to the box but he's lucky he didn't get hurt (as is the Miami player that cheapshotted him).
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Gwozdecky teaches his students well, I see.
                        That video was the last few years of WCHA "activities" summed up in a couple minutes, complete with Zach Jones and his blackout rage.

Yeah, that dude didn't even try to stop or otherwise avoid the Miami goalie. He should get at least 1 game for that nonsense...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          Eloquently stated.
                          He's got a point though: that is some very uncalled for terrible music.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Haha, agreed, as I said it was something I threw on youtube to send to a couple friends. The songs were inside jokes (one of them is the first song that plays during warmups at the Goggin and is hated by 95% of the student body) - did not expect it to shoot up to 400 views in 2 hours =p

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              Yeah. If you were going to dub something over that, something more hockey related, like Saturday night is alright, or qoutes from slapshot.
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                              X