Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Winter Olympics - Canada vs. Switzerland; Canada by _____ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Winter Olympics - Canada vs. Switzerland; Canada by _____ ?

One hour til puck drop.... I'll take the Maple Leafs by 9.

Any other prognosticators dare venture a guess?
    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Re: 2010 Winter Olympics - Canada vs. Switzerland; Canada by _____ ?

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post

if only there were already a 2010 winter olympics thread..oh wait
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Look, this is a one game, one hour, focused thread.... why cloud the other with a bunch of silly guesses? I thought it better to have the silliness happen here and be done with.
      Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Look, this is a one game, one hour, focused thread.... why cloud the other with a bunch of silly guesses? I thought it better to have the silliness happen here and be done with.
        In that case, I'll go with Switzerland winning by a score of 82-0.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          In that case, I'll go with Switzerland winning by a score of 82-0.
          Sophie Anthamatten with the shutout.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

okay fine, dumb idea.....SORRY!

Comment

"I'm...too...**** for my shirt, too **** for my shirt, too sexxxxyyyyyyy!!!"

Comment

Who put Canada in this cupcake group?
                Boston College Eagles
                NCAA Champions
                1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Bentley University Falcons

Comment

Originally posted by lah02476 View Post
                  Who put Canada in this cupcake group?
                  When your the reigning Gold Medal Champs you get the luxury of going into the cupcake group.

Comment

ridiculous game
                    Curse of the Timmy

Comment

"I'm...too...**** for my shirt, too **** for my shirt, too sexxxxyyyyyyy!!!"

Well alrighty then.
                      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                        ridiculous game
                        I didn't think of it this way. Sure, the Swiss were clearly outmatched, but between Schelling's ability to give them a chance, and the never say never effort the Swiss players maintained throughout the game, I didn't think it was that bad.

The Swiss had some pretty decent scoring chances that either just missed or were saved. Maybe not enough to threaten the outcome, but as I watched the game, I couldn't help but wonder what that Swiss team would look like if they had the benefit of centralization.

Realiastically, if the top two teams centralize, and the teams that have players with potential to build their programs into contention don't, they'll still never be on a level playing field meeting two weeks prior to the Games to prepare.
                        "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Cupcake...USA not CANADA

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                          When your the reigning Gold Medal Champs you get the luxury of going into the cupcake group.
                          I believe the groupings are based on rankings after last years Worlds as opposed to the results at the Olympics four years ago. This means the Yanks have on paper more of a cup cake schedule than the Canucks.
                          Last edited by OnMAA; 02-16-2010, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                            If that's the cupcake group, the US must be in the Whoopie Pie group!

I mean really, is it really going to make any difference?

Comment

.............the US must be in the Whoopie Pie group!
                              They are whooping it up all right.

Comment

Working...
                              X