X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan State vs. Ferris State 2/19-2/20

Friday in Big Rapids
    Saturday in East Lansing

Both teams are struggling quite a bit lately, but both squads have everything to play for. Goaltendint has been the biggest asset to both teams. This series will feature some of the top young talent in the CCHA.

A sweep would go a long way for either team, but this has split written all over it. Discuss..
    MICHIGAN STATE
    1966:1986:2007

Re: Michigan State vs. Ferris State 2/19-2/20

Television?

I am the fence right now for making the drive to BR. That's the determining factor I think.
    maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

I too am unsure about this one,but big games in Big Rapids at this point in the season are few and far between. I might make the trip to Big Rapids, as much as I despise the arena.
      MICHIGAN STATE
      1966:1986:2007

Comment

I will be attending both as this series can and most likely will determine who the true number 2 seed sohould be. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top. Hopefully MSU!

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
          I too am unsure about this one,but big games in Big Rapids at this point in the season are few and far between. I might make the trip to Big Rapids, as much as I despise the arena.
          Rumor is they cleaned the place up. I went to several games there late 90's/early oughts, and it was a vulgar cesspool. Even decked out in my MSU gear, being pelted by popcorn filled film canister "noise makers" I loved it.

During player intros, for the opposing team instead of "who cares" they (all of the students, half of the rest of the crowd) shouted "sucks d---" loud and proud.

I remember Miller's last game there I think. A student (dressed in drag) stood behind the glass the entire night with a sign saying, "Hey Ryan, your mom left these at my place last night." Attached to said sign was the largest pair of leopard print panties I have ever seen. Hmmmmmm we either lost that game or it was a 1-1 tie.

Last time I went there 6 years ago or so most of the swearing was cleaned up and there was a guy in a dog costume riding a sled down the arena steps. Not quite the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
            Television?

I am the fence right now for making the drive to BR. That's the determining factor I think.
            Radio only all weekend. We are making the trip for the first time, and I understand there has been a significant upgrade in recent years. Thankfully our tickets are in Section B, which I understand is where the parents and visiting fans sit.

Hopefully the weekend off has the team energized and ready to make a stretch run. Also thanks go out to LSSU for winning one on the weekend to keep this one interesting.
            "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
            - Mark Twain

Comment

Rumor is they cleaned the place up. I went to several games there late 90's/early oughts, and it was a vulgar cesspool. Even decked out in my MSU gear, being pelted by popcorn filled film canister "noise makers" I loved it.

During player intros, for the opposing team instead of "who cares" they (all of the students, half of the rest of the crowd) shouted "sucks d---" loud and proud.

I remember Miller's last game there I think. A student (dressed in drag) stood behind the glass the entire night with a sign saying, "Hey Ryan, your mom left these at my place last night." Attached to said sign was the largest pair of leopard print panties I have ever seen. Hmmmmmm we either lost that game or it was a 1-1 tie.

Last time I went there 6 years ago or so most of the swearing was cleaned up and there was a guy in a dog costume riding a sled down the arena steps. Not quite the same.
              The leadership in Ferris' student section is lacking this year (from what I understand there seems to be a sort of split between sides) but the vulgarity and sucks d--- chants are still very alive. They do some creative things, mostly geared towards the opposing goaltender, but it's all in good fun. I think the mascot slides down the steps in a sled after a Ferris goal.

But back to what really matters. This series is a big one. I'd like to be able to make it down to State for the game on Saturday but I don't think I will. Should be two good games, both of which are important for both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by totalx View Post
                I think the mascot slides down the steps in a sled after a Ferris goal.
                That doesn't take long. What are there, 5 stairs or 6?
                Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Hey Guys,

Ferris State sold out Friday's game yesterday (Tuesday) at 4:30pm. The first time Ferris has sold out against Michigan State since 2003-2004.

This should be a fun weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                    That doesn't take long. What are there, 5 stairs or 6?
                    And yet it's still better than that middle school cafeteria you call an arena in Bowling Green. Have you painted that ****hole since 1985? Or is the on-ice crew still poking holes in the ice and causing games to be postponed?

Get your own house in order before you start pot-shotting others. I'm guessing you haven't set foot in Ewigleben since Bowling Green last set foot in Joe Louis Arena. I await your neg rep calling me a tool again.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

As for the series, Friday night's game is huge when it comes to setting the tone for the last two weeks. Drop Friday night's game to MSU and Saturday could be bad news in East Lansing for Ferris.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Hammer, you going to be at either of the games this weekend, or just watch online?

Ferris State's website says Ferris TV is going to be doing the games, and I remember last time they did a game, Ferris connected their feed to the B2 Networks feed. And they had all the bells and whistles - multiple camera angles, instant replays, the scoreboard graphic at the top, and all that cool stuff. They connect Dom's broadcast feed to the B2/Ferris TV feed as well.

Comment

I will be at Adrian's games this weekend. It's the last week of the regular season in D-III, and it's going to be a good one. After that I'm on a plane to Florida for 5 days.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by SkimeySalamander View Post
                            Hammer, you going to be at either of the games this weekend, or just watch online?

Ferris State's website says Ferris TV is going to be doing the games, and I remember last time they did a game, Ferris connected their feed to the B2 Networks feed. And they had all the bells and whistles - multiple camera angles, instant replays, the scoreboard graphic at the top, and all that cool stuff. They connect Dom's broadcast feed to the B2/Ferris TV feed as well.
                            For a fee (online)?

Comment

For a fee (online)?
                              Yes. The B2 feed is $7.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                              X