CC @ MN: More Nails in the Gophers' Coffin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CC @ MN: More Nails in the Gophers' Coffin

Who is bringing the BBQ sauce packets? I'll chip in some money.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

My school playing my hometown team! Grew up watching the Gophers with my dad, currently going to CC and friends with the guys.

Gonna be there in my CC jersey sitting next to my dad in his Gopher sweatshirt!

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Who is bringing the BBQ sauce packets? I'll chip in some money.
        Originally posted by stateofhockey View Post
        My school playing my hometown team! Grew up watching the Gophers with my dad, currently going to CC and friends with the guys.

Gonna be there in my CC jersey sitting next to my dad in his Gopher sweatshirt!
        doubletake......
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"Are you blind?!? I am the real state of hockey!! Shoot HIM!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            "Are you blind?!? I am the real state of hockey!! Shoot HIM!!!"
            Silly. The real state of hockey is in ALL of us!

/cheesy moviesque line.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
              No they won't. Their "B" game is probably worth 3 points in this series.

Why? To thwart an offense that doesn't produce three goals per game? With very few exceptions, MN has made opposing goalies look like all-stars. If CC scores three goals in either game, we can just say "game over" right then and there since we know * well MN won't get to three.

Spare us the cliches. MN has no confidence, their powerplay is an abortion of the rusty coat hanger variety, and their defensive zone coverage is often non-existent.
              ...also, the Gophers can't score, have a spotty defense, have played them almost assuredly out of the NCAAs...

...and that's why this series is s a split.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

My guess is the Gophers will mail it in for the rest of the year and get swept. Friday nights game against Denver was IMO one of the their best efforts of the year, and they still came up short. With this said, they realized they couldn't compete with the best teams, on their best night, so they will quit (like Saturday night).
                Sadly, I will still watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  doubletake......
                  I think we need to pass a rule that they can't post back to back. I thought he was talking to himself.
                  Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
                    My guess is the Gophers will mail it in for the rest of the year and get swept. Friday nights game against Denver was IMO one of the their best efforts of the year, and they still came up short. With this said, they realized they couldn't compete with the best teams, on their best night, so they will quit (like Saturday night).
                    Sadly, I will still watch!
                    Yeah with the schedule the way it is from here on out I don't see many wins. Maybe against Bucky because of the whole rivalry throw the records out the window thing but otherwise it looks rough. I will still watch as well but I may need more beverages than usual to get me through the rest of the season.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

It's Thursday already and less than 50 posts in a Minnesota game thread. A true testament to the current state of affairs in Gold Country.
                      Originally posted by Skeeterman
                      Ski yo momma!
                      Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
                      Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
                        It's Thursday already and less than 50 posts in a Minnesota game thread. A true testament to the current state of affairs in Gold Country.
                        Yep. None of us feel like posting and it's probably a good thing we have the Olympics to distract us. The Sconnie thread will really be interesting to see how out of it we are. The only reason it blew up last week was because Old Pio got his suspenders on too tight about the old days.
                        Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Larch View Post
                          Yep. None of us feel like posting and it's probably a good thing we have the Olympics to distract us. The Sconnie thread will really be interesting to see how out of it we are. The only reason it blew up last week was because Old Pio got his suspenders on too tight about the old days.
                          For me, it's more that CC is just....there. There's no hatred, no charity love, they are just.....there.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            For me, it's more that CC is just....there. There's no hatred, no charity love, they are just.....there.
                            That wasn't the case when Lucia's Tigers owned the Gophers.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I still didn't hate them. The closest I got was with Peter Sejna.

Hey, whatever happened to that guy?!

Comment

After an uneventful four year stint in the Blues organization, Senja has ended up in Europe playing for Zurich in the Swiss-A league:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=54063

It sure was fun watching him at CC for three years!

Comment

Working...
                                X