Clarkson and St. Lawrence @ Brown and Yale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarkson and St. Lawrence @ Brown and Yale

Should be an interesting weekend. Can Clarkson build off its strong weekend against QU and Princeton? Can SLU cement its place in the top four? Can Yale build off its big wins at "Colage" ( ) and Cornell, or will it have a letdown after a huge weekend? And can Brown get past a Clarkson team that usually gives us fits, and past an SLU team that we usually give fits to, in order to overtake (or at least put pressure on) Harvard and Princeton for home ice advantage in the playoffs?

The Brown-Clarkson and Brown-SLU series are usually pretty entertaining, especially at Meehan. I'm looking forward to this weekend a lot!

Any Clarkson or SLU fans making the trip to either New Haven or Providence? Any Brown fans making the trip to Meehan Auditorium? (Joke). Anyone want to make some bold predictions for this weekend?

Discuss!

Re: Clarkson and St. Lawrence @ Brown and Yale

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
    Should be an interesting weekend. Can Clarkson build off its strong weekend against QU and Princeton? Can SLU cement its place in the top four? Can Yale build off its big wins at "Colage" ( ) and Cornell, or will it have a letdown after a huge weekend? And can Brown get past a Clarkson team that usually gives us fits, and past an SLU team that we usually give fits to, in order to overtake (or at least put pressure on) Harvard and Princeton for home ice advantage in the playoffs?

The Brown-Clarkson and Brown-SLU series are usually pretty entertaining, especially at Meehan. I'm looking forward to this weekend a lot!

Any Clarkson or SLU fans making the trip to either New Haven or Providence? Any Brown fans making the trip to Meehan Auditorium? (Joke). Anyone want to make some bold predictions for this weekend?

Discuss!
    Will be coming up from NYC both nights to hopefully see SLU put on a better display than this weekend, otherwise we'll likely come away with nothing. I'm afraid for Friday night, especially with Yale putting a 50+ spot on Cornell. Then of course its the Saturday nightmare at Meehan.

Comment

Discuss!
      Pretty much summed everything up well! I have nothing more to add, other than I am hoping for some exciting hockey (SLU wins off course ). Going to try and get to the whale for Friday night's tilt, I'll sport my green Whalers jersey while in Connecticut! Brown is too far from my realm.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        Will be coming up from NYC both nights to hopefully see SLU put on a better display than this weekend, otherwise we'll likely come away with nothing. I'm afraid for Friday night, especially with Yale putting a 50+ spot on Cornell. Then of course its the Saturday nightmare at Meehan.
        Hey, you guys beat us at Meehan last year, 6-1. Of course, those were the pre-Whittet days, and they were obscenely offensive to hockey appreciators everywhere. I wish you the best of luck vs. Yale (you'll need it), but a proportionately small amount of luck @ Brown on Saturday .

Comment

Hey, you guys beat us at Meehan last year, 6-1. Of course, those were the pre-Whittet days, and they were obscenely offensive to hockey appreciators everywhere. I wish you the best of luck vs. Yale (you'll need it), but a proportionately small amount of luck @ Brown on Saturday .
          That 6-1 victory was about 10 years overdue. I can't remember the exact number of years, but for the past 17 years or so, Brown has taken atleast 1 point from SLU each season. This better come to an end Saturday.

Comment

SLU just picked a BAD weekend to lay a couple of eggs. One point at home out of two winnable games, and now they head out for what is probably - for us - the toughest road trip of the season. Ylae has an overpowering offense, and Brown . . . if life were a Seinfeld episode, Brown would be our Newman.

I've got my fingers crossed that SLU can somehow manage two points on the weekend, but this one will be one very tough trip.

Comment

Any Brown fans making the trip to Meehan Auditorium? (Joke). Anyone want to make some bold predictions for this weekend?

Discuss!
              Brown takes 4 points but only if Clemente keeps his head in the game. Hopefully no joke that there will be crowd support as Brown still has a chance to get home advantage in first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                Brown takes 4 points but only if Clemente keeps his head in the game. Hopefully no joke that there will be crowd support as Brown still has a chance to get home advantage in first round.
                I'm hoping it's not a joke either. I'd love to see the same student support we got for the Dartmouth game; that was fantastic. But, unfortunately, I don't think Brown has really publicized this weekend as much as the H-D weekend, so I doubt we're going to see any great crowds. It'd be nice for Senior Night, though.

Re: Clemente
                I think he's just going through a bit of a sophomore slump. All Brown goalies seem to do it recently, except Yann Danis, of course. And Adam D'Alba was pretty good his sophomore season, but he left the school immediately following the conclusion of it. Clemente will recover, eventually. If not this season, I predict he'll be back in top form for next year. He does need to come up big this weekend, though. Both teams can score. The Clarkson game should be a shootout, and if we can penetrate the SLU defense and Tisi, who has been great this year, I expect we'll see two shootouts in a row.

Comment

I will be going to both games on Saturday. It's the second time this year I have been able to do this. On 12/5 I saw Princeton at Yale at 4 pm and then drove to Brown for the Quinnipiac game. I made it in time for the start of the 2nd period that time, and if any Brown fans recall, there was a pretty decent snowstorm that night although the worst of it was during my drive back to CT.

Anyway, the trip door-to-door from Ingalls to Meehan is 104 miles with 101 of those on the highway. It doesn't appear that snow is in the forecast that night, so I'm going to plan to make that in no more than 1 hr, 15-20 min. I hope to see the end of the first.

Comment

Originally posted by klumpmypants View Post
                    I will be going to both games on Saturday. It's the second time this year I have been able to do this. On 12/5 I saw Princeton at Yale at 4 pm and then drove to Brown for the Quinnipiac game. I made it in time for the start of the 2nd period that time, and if any Brown fans recall, there was a pretty decent snowstorm that night although the worst of it was during my drive back to CT.

Anyway, the trip door-to-door from Ingalls to Meehan is 104 miles with 101 of those on the highway. It doesn't appear that snow is in the forecast that night, so I'm going to plan to make that in no more than 1 hr, 15-20 min. I hope to see the end of the first.
                    Good luck with your travels! That sounds pretty cool. You saw a pretty good game between Brown and QU, too. Mostly because Brown beat the then-#4 team in the country.

Comment

So who's in goal friday at yale for both teams?

Got to assume Yale sticks with Blase but you never know with Allain. Does Marsh stay with Petizian or go back to Tisi?

Comment

Originally posted by klumpmypants View Post
                        Does Marsh stay with Petizian or go back to Tisi?
                        Good question. Tisi has been very good all year. He was hung out to dry in his last four consecutive periods (3rd vs. Union, entire game against QU). Joe had to shake things up, and Petizian was excellent, pretty much stealing a point from Princeton on Saturday, with a little help from Flanagan and Vermuelen.

I have no idea what to expect. The way things have played out it would be hard to argue with either choice. If I had to guess, I'd say Petizian plays on Friday, and if he can steal another one at Ingalls, he'll play Saturday. If that Ylae offense brings him back to earth, Tisi will be rested and ready to go on Saturday (and this will be a very tiring road trip).

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post

I have no idea what to expect. The way things have played out it would be hard to argue with either choice. If I had to guess, I'd say Petizian plays on Friday, and if he can steal another one at Ingalls, he'll play Saturday. If that Ylae offense brings him back to earth, Tisi will be rested and ready to go on Saturday (and this will be a very tiring road trip).
                          That's pretty much my guess as well, Tim.

Comment

Working...
                          X