Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hail! To those... NMU at Michigan, 2/19-2/20

Originally posted by CHATJ View Post
    Don't Know if this has been stated! This game has #4 spot implications!!!!

UNO and Alaska are done with CCHA after this weekend so at most 6 points for them! Which is not enough.

Ferris and State play each other which could hurt both if they are good games, but realistically each should get some points. Then next weekend they each play the bottom feeders in the Conference. Western for Ferris and BG for State- So they are my locks for #2 and #3.

This leaves #4 in the hands of Northern or Mich. Each has 4 games left and could get as many as 12pts. If they do this they could be #2 or even #3 but really doubt that is going to happen. So This is the weekend where I feel the #4 spot is claimed! With Michigan at home I expect them to get the most our of it but no one knows who will show up to play for UofM sooo....I can't wait!!!!!!!
    Now that you've said it, we will have two ties that end with each team getting the extra point, once.

(man, I sure hope not- finish in regulation)

Comment

Originally posted by kariya View Post
      The game in November 1997 at Lakeview Arena was arguably the best Northern Michigan/Michigan game, we won 1-0 with a goal from Freddy Mattersdorfer! I've never seen the home crowd since then make so much cheer. I miss the old Lakeview days, the days of Vigier, Smith and Trudeau line, hahah. Remember that game Kujo and Mojo?
      What a great game! The crowd was tremendous. I'd never heard anything like that in Lakeview. I believe that was the Saturday night game. The night before, Marty Turco picked up his 100th collegiate win against us. That game wasn't bad, either, just the wrong result.

Comment

In this week's intermissions, we'll continue our series Remembering the World Hockey Association with Dave Hanson of "Slap Shot" fame. He's got some great stories to tell. For those of you unfamiliar with the league, it was the hockey version of the basketball league, the ABA, depicted in the Will Ferrell movie "Semi-Pro." It operated from 1971-79 before merging with the NHL.

We'll also continue our talk on the "Casa Calabria's Where Are They Now" with Eric LeMarque, who played with the 'Cats thru the '90 season, and survived and 8 day ordeal lost in the cold and snow of the California mountains. This week we'll wind down his playing career and begin to explore host life after hockey, which took some stunning turns.

The WHA feature will air in the first intermissions and the LeMarque feature in the 2nd. We'll also begin profiling out seniors in our pregame shows.

Hope you enjoy!

Looking forward to seeing old friends and alums at Damon's after the Friday game!
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I really hope NMU can stay out of the box this weekend. I really think it will come down to playing 5 on 5, even with NMU's PP number this year. As for the results, any outcome that keeps us ahead of UM, Alaska, and UNO would be great and I am hoping for a win tomorrow when I am in the building.
          GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

Good luck today Wildcats!!! It won't be easy and will take a total team effort but you can do this!!! Go Cats Go! Go Cats Go! Go Cats Go!

Comment

Any other Cats fan going tonight? I will be in section 10.
              GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Comment

Have a good time Wildcatgoal.

I'm heading to the Fox Sports Grill in Scottsdale right after work today. The game starts at 5:30 out here. There is supposed to be about 50 people coming, so it should be fun.

Prediction

Friday
                NMU 2
                UM 1

Saturday
                NMU 3
                UM 2
                TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Thank you and I hope your inner Jimmy the Greek is correct.
                  GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by potternmu View Post
                    What a great game! The crowd was tremendous. I'd never heard anything like that in Lakeview. I believe that was the Saturday night game. The night before, Marty Turco picked up his 100th collegiate win against us. That game wasn't bad, either, just the wrong result.
                    You must have started the same at NMU in 1997! Were old eh? See ya in March at the Joe (God Willing)

Comment

• Re: Hail! To those... NMU at Michigan, 2/19-2/20

Originally posted by WildcatGoal View Post
                      Any other Cats fan going tonight? I will be in section 10.
                      look down row 4 as you pass by me.

Comment

Good God! I can barely contain myself at the office right now. I'm decked out in my NMU gear (because its Friday) and I have my NMU Flag hanging up in my office now.

When was the last time any of you were this excited for a game?

For me it was probably when we played Notre Dame at the Joe last year.
                        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          look down row 4 as you pass by me.
                          Will do.
                          GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
                            When was the last time any of you were this excited for a game?
                            Last Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
                              Last Tuesday
                              Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Although you're a Michigan fan, so you usually don't have much to get excited for. If NMU was in the elite like UM hockey I'd probably only get excited when the NCAA's started.
                              TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

3-1 NMU!!!! So happy with the results.

The announcers suck though. Always sounded t0o excited that NMU was winning even though we're better ranked, also couldn't pronounce Olver or Cherni's names.
                                I'M NEW!!! Not so new anymore I guess.

PUCKHEADS A NMU TRADITION SINCE 1996!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X