Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIII Posters' POTW for the week of 2/8-2/14

Ryan Purdy (WIL), 1 game, 42 saves, .976 sv%, 1.00 GAA

Many congratulations are due to Mr. Ryan Purdy of Williams College. While only playing 1 game on the weekend, Purdy had the single most impressive weekend in Division III men's ice hockey. He saved 42 or 43 shots, giving him a .976 save percentage, and a 1.00 Goals Against Average. Oh, and did I mention that the team he essentially shut down, leading his Williams College Ephs to victory against, was the then-undefeated and nationally-ranked #2 Norwich Cadets? Sometimes great stats can be diminished when consideration is given to the identity of the opponent, but in this case the opponent did nothing more than bolster his case for Player of the Week. Thus, Ryan Purdy has been named DIII Posters Player of the Week for the week of 2/1-2/7. In the subsequent week, we saw the continuation of Purdy rotating games with goaltender Marc Pulde, but we may also have seen the end of it. On Friday night at Babson, Purdy led the Ephs once again to victory, making 26 saves on 28 shots, allowing for the 3-2 win. On Saturday, Pulde got the start, but was only in net for 8:24, in which time he allowed 3 goals on 13 shots, and Purdy was put in net. In the 50:50 that he would eventually play in net, he would stop 30 if 31 shots en route to a 4-3 loss, for which he unfortunately takes the credit. This mean that, on a 1-1 weekend for him, he had 56 saves, a .949 save percentage, and a 1.62 Goals Against Average. We shall see what happens regarding the goaltending of the Ephs as they travel to Castelton and Skidmore this weekend. In any case, Congratulations to Ryan Purdy of Williams College!

And now on to the new business. Nominations are now open for the week of 2/8-2/14. As with before, I will reject publicly, in this forum, any nominations that are clearly a waste of space in this thread, and provide sound rationale in that case. In the case of many valid nominations, I will diligently scour the numbers to determine the 5 best nominees, again provide rationale, but this time it will be in the poll thread as I startup a poll with the 5 selected nominees.

That said, nominations are due at 11pm ET Monday. Let the Nominating begin!
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Re: DIII Posters' POTW for the week of 2/8-2/14

Wow, is it possible that no one has nominated a POTW already? I have been waiting for someone to throw out the bone for us to chew on before I made my nomination, but here it goes.

Norwich's Pier-Oliver Cotnoir, 3 goals on the weekend, 2 against Castleton and 1 against Skidmore, lead all of the Norwich players with goals scored for the weekend. Really hustled for each goal, scored the tying goal against Skidmore and motivated the rest of the team to pick up the pace for a 5-3 win.
    Last edited by 17'sfanNU; 02-15-2010, 12:41 PM.
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Middlebury's Charlie Townsend - he scored the game winners in both of Middlebury's must-win games on the road this past weekend versus UMass-Boston and Babson - his stats for the weekend: 3-1-4 (2-0-2 in the 5-1 UMB win and 1-1-2 in the 3-1 Babson win)

Comment

Only 2 nominations? Something must be up here...

I'm going to extend to nomination period by 1 day, so 11pm tonight. This will mean that the poll will not close until Friday evening, which will create the possibility of following-weekend performance effecting votes in the poll, and I shall have to ask voters to consider only performance in the week indicated.

So, nominations are extended until 11pm ET Tuesday.

And I'm just going to throw this out there:

Senior captain Matt Ward of Neumann.
        0-0-0 the first night against Elmira in their 4-1, but...
        3-1-4, with a HT against Elmira in their 4-3 victory.

Really stepped it up when Elmira played Tuttle, the better of their goaltenders, and increased their scoring. WIthout his outstanding performance the 2nd night, Neumann likely splits the weekend.
        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23

Comment

Augsburg's Junior and leading scorer, Joel Sauer - 2 Goals & an assist in their 4-1 win Friday over St. Olaf (game winner was a Penalty Shot by Tedd Falk). He also went unassisted in picking up his 16th goal of the season in their 2-3 loss to Saturday with St. Olaf.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

My nomination...

After a disappointing weekend (by St. Norbert standards) that included a tie to St. Scholastica and a tie to Wis-Superior, BJ O'Brien stepped up to help the #1 team in the West compile two wins this past weekend against Wis-Stout and Wis-River Falls, respectively. While O'Brien was stellar last weekend (giving up two goals in two games), he was even better this weekend.

BJ O'Brien stopped 38 of 39 shots for a .974 Save% and a 0.516 GAA for the weekend. Most importantly, two wins.

O'Brien has given up 5 goals in his last 6 games! With 2 weeks off until the NCHA playoffs, we'll see if he can keep his hot streak going throughout the playoffs and to Lake Placid?
            Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
            2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post

And I'm just going to throw this out there:

Senior captain Matt Ward of Neumann.
              0-0-0 the first night against Elmira in their 4-1, but...
              3-1-4, with a HT against Elmira in their 4-3 victory.

Really stepped it up when Elmira played Tuttle, the better of their goaltenders, and increased their scoring. WIthout his outstanding performance the 2nd night, Neumann likely splits the weekend.
              Seconded. Matt Ward has always been a big game player for Neumann. Very well deserving of the POTY for the Knights.

Comment

I nominate Oswego Lakers' Luke Moodie: 2 games 2 goals 3 Assists 5 points

Comment

Originally posted by osuhockeyfan View Post
                  I nominate Oswego Lakers' Luke Moodie: 2 games 2 goals 3 Assists 5 points
                  I guess I must have missed a game that the Lakers played this week
                  Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                  2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                    I think it was on the new Electronics Arts DIII prototype.
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

yah disregard that, i have no idea what i was thinking...

Comment

My nomination...

After a disappointing weekend (by St. Norbert standards) that included a tie to St. Scholastica and a tie to Wis-Superior, BJ O'Brien stepped up to help the #1 team in the West compile two wins this past weekend against Wis-Stout and Wis-River Falls, respectively. While O'Brien was stellar last weekend (giving up two goals in two games), he was even better this weekend.

BJ O'Brien stopped 38 of 39 shots for a .974 Save% and a 0.516 GAA for the weekend. Most importantly, two wins.

O'Brien has given up 5 goals in his last 6 games! With 2 weeks off until the NCHA playoffs, we'll see if he can keep his hot streak going throughout the playoffs and to Lake Placid?
                        Second this nomination!! O'Brien has been on a nice run!!!
                        SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Poll is up. I made a mistake and forgot to make the poll public, sorry!
                          Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                            Poll is up. I made a mistake and forgot to make the poll public, sorry!
                            I doubt it will be an issue. No Blue Devils nominated this week.
                            Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
                            08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
                            2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Working...
                            X