Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermont @ UNH - Cat Fight @ the Whit

Vermont - Tied #8 in USCHO PairWise Rankings
    Vermont - 8th Place in Hockey East. Loses 3 out of 4 points at home to Merrimack.

Which team will show up in Durham?
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Re: Vermont @ UNH - Cat Fight @ the Whit

Another big series for the Wildcats as we hope to keep our NCAA tournament bid chances alive.

Comment

Without Stacey, Milo, Mackenzie, this series will be a joke. Vermont needs those players on the ice. Otherwise, please enjoy the 4 points UNH

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
        Without Stacey, Milo, Mackenzie, this series will be a joke. Vermont needs those players on the ice. Otherwise, please enjoy the 4 points UNH
        4 points would be nice but its never quite that easy midge!

Comment

UNH has been without the services of Dalton Speelman and Greg Burke for the past two weeks. Both have been out with shoulder injuries. Speelman will probably be back in action this weekend, but Burke is still unlikely.
          "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

I'm not too optimistic about Vermont's chances against UNH next weekend in hockey, but at least they beat them in basketball today

Comment

I'm not too optimistic about Vermont's chances against UNH next weekend in hockey, but at least they beat them in basketball today
              Oh sure, go THERE!!
              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

UNH has basketball. Who knew.

I see UNH coming out strong this weekend taking at least 3 points. I don't know how much my opinion matters but this is what I predict.
                UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Hopefully the men will follow in the women's footsteps and take 2 from the catamounts....close games but eventually the goaltending was the difference, which if that's the case, I'll take Foster for the wins....

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                    UNH has basketball. Who knew.

I see UNH coming out strong this weekend taking at least 3 points. I don't know how much my opinion matters but this is what I predict.
                    Apparently they invented this other sport...it's played in a place called "Lundy" whatever the hell THAT is...

I see one of two possibilities: UNH keeps the momentum up from handily knocking off a relatively weak PC team and takes at least 3 of 4 points at home in a series that has become a bit more of a heated rivalry as of late (at least in the stands)...or we split/get 1 point due to a lack of focus.

I really think the biggest issue with UNH will be avoiding penalties. We got into penalty trouble with Merrimack, a far-less talented group, and they were able to hang around. Stay out of the box, and we should have an easy weekend.

Hopefully the Whitt is a bit louder this weekend, but especially Friday for those NESN mikes...hehehe

And Darci, I think you know EXACTLY how much your opinion matters
                    A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Originally posted by IrishWildcat View Post
                      I see one of two possibilities: UNH keeps the momentum up from handily knocking off a relatively weak PC team and takes at least 3 of 4 points at home in a series that has become a bit more of a heated rivalry as of late (at least in the stands)...or we split/get 1 point due to a lack of focus.

And Darci, I think you know EXACTLY how much your opinion matters
                      Wow, so UNH will get either 1,2,3 or 4 points this weekend. At least Darci made an actual prediction .
                      "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Back when the whit was under construction I had heard the bball team may play some games there - has this ever happened?

Comment

Originally posted by WILD E WOLVERINE View Post
                          Back when the whit was under construction I had heard the bball team may play some games there - has this ever happened?
                          Yes. For a while. Then they found out that it cost too much money to turn the lights on, and pay the change over crew. It's much better for the ice where it isn't covered constantly.
                          UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                            Wow, so UNH will get either 1,2,3 or 4 points this weekend. At least Darci made an actual prediction .
                            When I was active on USCHO threads last fall, I put IrishWildcat on my ignore list. Thanks, Rock, for quoting him; I’ll keep him there. But I’m then hypocritical if I don’t make a prediction, even if not worth much. I’m no doubt over-influenced by wanting so badly for the Wildcats to do well.

Expect UNH to take 4 points this weekend. It won’t be easy, despite UVM injuries. The “Other Cats” should come into the Whitt hungry for points, and should provide determined opposition. If UNH is going anywhere in post season tourneys, now is the time to stabilize the team defense, improve the PP and PK, and get more goals from the 2nd and 3rd lines. UVM is a test for those advancements, and an opportunity to show they can beat opposing players to loose pucks.

Most of all, looking forward to a weekend of excellent hockey, from both teams.

Comment

After post below, looked at latest PWR. UNH and UVM are in a 4-way tie for 9th. Still think UNH has more skill, and is at home, but, stating the obvious, both teams will have much to play for. Should be a great weekend!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X