Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toss Up: Who had a more disappointing weekend? The Rowdy Crowd or Elmira.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toss Up: Who had a more disappointing weekend? The Rowdy Crowd or Elmira.

The Rowdy Crowd fails to make the Quarterfinals at the Labatt Blue Hockey Tournament.

Elmira gets swept by Neumann and has lost three straight games now.

Discuss.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Toss Up: Who had a more disappointing weekend? The Rowdy Crowd or Elmira.

Team Rowdy Crowd.

Who gives a *&^% about Elmira?

Now if they get swept by Manhattanville and open up the Pool B discussion, then we'll have something.
    2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
    2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
    2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
    Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

Manhattanville will not sweep Elmira at home!
      2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Don't bet on it.! Anything is possible. Remember we are talking about Elmira College. I do not mean to keep bashing them but what is going on. Good teams find ways to win in when it counts. Elmira seems to find ways to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by college hockey 01 View Post
          Don't bet on it.! Anything is possible. Remember we are talking about Elmira College. I do not mean to keep bashing them but what is going on. Good teams find ways to win in when it counts. Elmira seems to find ways to lose.
          Sad to say it, but I have to agree, seen many times over the years. I see a split with EC barely hanging onto first place
          Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
          Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
          Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Exactly why they have no National Championships. I hate to say it, but I think it is a monkey that they will never get off their backs. New coaching hasn't helped. New administration hasn't helped. I hope they find that something some day soon, so they can end this curse.
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Josh wins the thread.

Comment

No question, the Rowdy Crowd.

Elmira still has time to recover. The Rowdy Crowd is done for the year. Kaput. Fini. Wait till next year. There's no tomorrow. The fat lady has sung.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post

Who gives a *&^% about Elmira?
                  Hey at least we're postseason eligible
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Hey at least we're postseason eligible
                    For all the good that will do...
                    2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
                    2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
                    2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
                    Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

The Soaring Eagles will need their own "Rowdy Crowd" at the Domes to get back on track..start the parking lot pre-gaming earlier than normal.....
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Don't bet on it.! Anything is possible. Remember we are talking about Elmira College. I do not mean to keep bashing them but what is going on.
                        What the hey ... are you any relation to 4NU/Hawk?

If you have nothing objective, positive or at least intelligently subjective to say, how about keeping the doom and gloom to yourself. Better yet, take it out on the wife and/or kids and/or dog.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                          The Soaring Eagles will need their own "Rowdy Crowd" at the Domes to get back on track..start the parking lot pre-gaming earlier than normal.....
                          Pre-gaming in the lots is frowned upon.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Pre-gaming in the lots is frowned upon.
                            Perhaps, but it has been alive and well the games I have attended there the past four years - locals outnumbering students by a wide margin (safer than loading up at the Branch and driving out). Regardless, they will need all the support they can get. I witnessed the first Mville game in Rye - EC jumped to a big lead and barely held on, but that was a long time ago.....
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                              Perhaps, but it has been alive and well the games I have attended there the past four years - locals outnumbering students by a wide margin (safer than loading up at the Branch and driving out). Regardless, they will need all the support they can get. I witnessed the first Mville game in Rye - EC jumped to a big lead and barely held on, but that was a long time ago.....
                              Locals have outnumbered the students for a VERY long time.

EC has never had strong student support.

Maybe they've laxed the rules a little bit more in the past few years, but I do know it was definitely made illegal in the MAC lots in the late 90's and early part of this decade.

The first goal pool (First goal Mike? with the popsicle sticks in his pocket) was also outlawed around the same time.

Your last statement sounds like EC's seasons the past three years.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X