NU vs BC 2/19 and 2/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NU vs BC 2/19 and 2/21

Huge series for Northeastern as wins over #5(in the pairwise) BC would go certainly help NU as they drive to get into contention for a NCAA tournament bid. Not a huge fan of the Sunday afternoon game, but it will at least give the NU fans the ability to go to the basketball game on Saturday and Conte on Sunday.

For Northeastern, it is all about Rawlings. BC is going to create scoring chances and therefore he is going to have to make some high quality saves if NU is going to get points.

I think NU comes out flying on Friday and gets a 3-2 win and BC comes back on Sunday and earns a series spilt 4-1.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Re: NU vs BC 2/19 and 2/21

I can see a split here. I haven't looked it up but feel like BC has had trouble at Matthews lately. BC will probably be splitting the next few weekends as that is usually what they do lately before they turn things on.

Matthews should be rocking for this one. Conte Sunday afternoon game... who made this schedule? BC did have a great crowd for the earlier game today and I expect a lot of folks in the house again with the earlier start and more youth hockey teams and families at the game.

Will Price be back for BC?
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

BC at Matthews:

0-0-1 in 2005-06
      0-1-1 in 2006-07
      1-0-0 in 2007-08
      0-2-0 in 2008-09

1-3-2 in the last four years, keeping in mind that the first two NU teams on that list were not good teams.

Matthews is a hard place to play for anyone, but it becomes especially tough when BC or BU are in town. Of all the H.E. arenas, Matthews is the only one where I feel like the crowd genuinely makes a big, noticeable impact on the game.

We also had some issues w/ the ice last year, I remember we had a turnover caused by a puddle in front of Muse to give up the GWG last season. Of course, BC should be used to playing on crappy ice because they do it at Conte all the time. Usually, the ice at NU is good.

I expect a street fight on Friday. NU is going to give it their A+++ effort and BC will have to be ready for it. I would not be surprised to see BC drop that one, but I think the Eagles win big on Sunday.
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

Matthews should be rocking for this one. Conte Sunday afternoon game... who made this schedule?
        ESPNU.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
          ESPNU.
          could be but North Carolina is at Conte on saturday afternoon and that may be why.........btw, can we PLEASE have Coen back? we let the wrong basketball coach go, IMHO

Comment

If NU manages to edge BC Fri.. they (the Huskies), pretty much have to take a page out of Lowell Hockey for Sunday's gm (heck for both games), to have a chance at 4 points.

Lowell played pretty strong all wknd v/s the Eagles keeping you guys to just 2 goals in 2 gms. Yesterday's gm, the Riverhawks blew it in the last 15 seconds of regulation.. right? Especially tough 'cause they had the PP right up until then.

What was (would've been).. a 1-1 gm.. Kreider = clutch.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              can we PLEASE have Coen back?
              Nope, sorry
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                If NU manages to edge BC Fri.. they (the Huskies), pretty much have to take a page out of Lowell Hockey for Sunday's gm (heck for both games), to have a chance at 4 points.

Lowell played pretty strong all wknd v/s the Eagles keeping you guys to just 2 goals in 2 gms. Yesterday's gm, the Riverhawks blew it in the last 15 seconds of regulation.. right? Especially tough 'cause they had the PP right up until then.

What was (would've been).. a 1-1 gm.. Kreider = clutch.
                Please, for the love of God don't play UML hockey. Until the last minute, that game was impossible to watch yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by btg1204 View Post
                  Please, for the love of God don't play UML hockey. Until the last minute, that game was impossible to watch yesterday.
                  ..agree, UML was prob playing for the tie on the road Sat and that can get boring to watch.

But i have to tell you.. there are pointers we (NU), can take. They played a highly explosive, offensive team & limited them to 3 goals in 3 gms. And won 2 of those. That is creditworthy. BC is a solid team with tons of talent, no doubt.

Fans may not like the pace, but NU needs to get the 'W' (or two).. the U(ml)GLY way
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

yeah, my teeth are worn down to the gum line from grinding 'em watching that...............but UML did it to perfection, IMO

Comment

Any idea if Milner is going to play one of the games? BC's playing 4 games in 8 days after all.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        ..agree, UML was prob playing for the tie on the road Sat and that can get boring to watch.

But i have to tell you.. there are pointers we (NU), can take. They played a highly explosive, offensive team & limited them to 3 goals in 3 gms. And won 2 of those. That is creditworthy. BC is a solid team with tons of talent, no doubt.

Fans may not like the pace, but NU needs to get the 'W' (or two).. the U(ml)GLY way
                        Oh that definitely is the model to beat BC. The only team that I have seen this year against BC that was able to outskate them was Denver.

I don't want to see Lowell in HE, we can beat them, but they played excellent this weekend. It was just very very difficult to watch.

Comment

Oh that definitely is the model to beat BC. The only team that I have seen this year against BC that was able to outskate them was Denver.

I don't want to see Lowell in HE, we can beat them, but they played excellent this weekend. It was just very very difficult to watch.
                          I thought BC outplayed Denver for most of that game. Muse was shaky and they blew a 3-1 third period lead but they looked good vs. Denver.
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
                            Any idea if Milner is going to play one of the games? BC's playing 4 games in 8 days after all.
                            It's not much different than playing 4 games in 9 days if they were to go play two Fri-Sat series. During this 4 game stretch, BC doesn't play any of these games on consecutive days so you might see Muse in there... but I would bet you'll see Milner on Tuesday night. Muse the other 3 IMO.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

NU's athletics office is now listing the Fri gm as being sold out.. should be a fun atmosphere win, lose, or draw
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                              X