X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NU vs BC 2/19 and 2/21

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    All the complaining about TeamOps...

Is it too much to ask for the NU students (major LOL at two middle aged men standing up with the students, especially after the "you are fifty" chant) to just refrain from doing/chanting certain things?

I'm all for being enthusiastic, but why even put yourself in a position to have to deal with TeamOps?

I was sitting in KK and you guys sure did your job. I moved my seat after the first because I was sick of listening to you. Hope you enjoyed the outcome.
    So because TeamOps has an irrational vendetta against us (despite our doing absolutely nothing that would violate the terms of our attendance), we're supposed to be quiet so they don't react irrationally?

Screw that. It's a college hockey game, we're college students in a student section. No parents around us complained or said anything to us. No one had a problem with us except TeamOps (and apparently you). We shouldn't be in the business of apologizing for nothing or changing our behavior over nothing.

As for the game:

Actually, never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by thebleedenator View Post
      im just glad NU has "WIZARD" security for events...not a single one is overweight or out of shape and they could all handle any situation. (epic sarcasm)
      This wasn't my original thought, but it was a good point I heard - if you give the Wizards a dollar they'll go away and not bother you anymore. It's their dinner for a week. TeamOps' goal is to be a pain in everyone's *****.
      Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by thebleedenator View Post
        not a single one is overweight
        In fairness to her, I'm pretty sure she's pregnant
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by NJ2NU View Post
          So because TeamOps has an irrational vendetta against us (despite our doing absolutely nothing that would violate the terms of our attendance), we're supposed to be quiet so they don't react irrationally?

Screw that. It's a college hockey game, we're college students in a student section. No parents around us complained or said anything to us. No one had a problem with us except TeamOps (and apparently you). We shouldn't be in the business of apologizing for nothing or changing our behavior over nothing.

As for the game:

Actually, never mind.
          sadly this is the direction that some schools are going. these are the same comments that came from bu students when the swearing ban began to extend beyond just swearing and to absurd things like no signs with opposing players' names, no chanting at refs (or so they tried), no yelling a players name, etc. if I were you, I'd pray NU doesn't hire RSIG or TeamOps.
          time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
            sadly this is the direction that some schools are going. these are the same comments that came from bu students when the swearing ban began to extend beyond just swearing and to absurd things like no signs with opposing players' names, no chanting at refs (or so they tried), no yelling a players name, etc. if I were you, I'd pray NU doesn't hire RSIG or TeamOps.
            Indeed. Our AD (who some aren't too crazy about, but I'm a big fan of) initially came in with this notion of 'Positively Northeastern' which I feared would evolve into the kind of BS we're talking about here. Ultimately, he abandoned it and just tried to foster student participation instead of trying to regulate the support we already have.

Hopefully he stays on that path.

Comment

..so anyway, last post by me on this thread..

but viewing the McDonalds Olympic ad..

"we went into the gm with one goal.." ..

"& unfortunately, that's how we ended the gm.. with 1 goal.."..

Reasonates after Sunday's gm. (gotta have a sense of humor.. hey season's not over)
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Get off your high horse and settle down. I didn't say you should be quiet or anything of that nature. What exactly did TeamOps yell at you for?

Nobody is looking for an apology. In fact, you guys should be proud (minus the middle aged men in the student section) that you got me to move my seat. You guys did a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by JD
                  Get off your high horse and settle down.
                  What I wouldn't do to have the power to sense the 'unsettledness' of people through the internet

I didn't say you should be quiet or anything of that nature.
                  What would you call:

Is it too much to ask for the NU students (major LOL at two middle aged men standing up with the students, especially after the "you are fifty" chant) to just refrain from doing/chanting certain things?

I'm all for being enthusiastic, but why even put yourself in a position to have to deal with TeamOps?
                  Ultimately we did nothing to warrant 'getting yelled at'. That's what everyone is complaining about.
                  Last edited by NJ2NU; 02-23-2010, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Add overly sensitive to the list.

I'm willing to bet the conversation wasn't "hey NU students, you guys aren't allowed to cheer".

Do we have direct quotes or specifics? Did they talk to you after a certain chant?

Comment

Uh huh.

I'm willing to bet the conversation wasn't "hey NU students, you guys aren't allowed to cheer".

Do we have direct quotes or specifics? Did they talk to you after a certain chant?
                      They didn't talk about any specific cheer. From what I understand, they were going to kick out one student for walking to another part of the arena to start a "North...eastern" chant, so we all left. When you add that to a handful of individual instances of TeamOps talking to individual students (again, not about anything we said) and you get a pretty clear picture of what was up. For whatever reason, they have some sort of problem with us, despite the fact that we have literally done nothing in the four years that I've been here to warrant special 'attention'.

Comment

They didn't talk about any specific cheer. From what I understand, they were going to kick out one student for walking to another part of the arena to start a "North...eastern" chant, so we all left. When you add that to a handful of individual instances of TeamOps talking to individual students (again, not about anything we said) and you get a pretty clear picture of what was up. For whatever reason, they have some sort of problem with us, despite the fact that we have literally done nothing in the four years that I've been here to warrant special 'attention'.
                        And where exactly did he/she try going? You all left? How many? I noticed the dog house/pound (whatever you're called) leave with about a minute to go in the game...

In the other instances you're talking about, I'd need to know what they said to these people. If nobody knows, I guess I really can't comment.

Comment

And where exactly did he/she try going? You all left? How many? I noticed the dog house/pound (whatever you're called) leave with about a minute to go in the game...

In the other instances you're talking about, I'd need to know what they said to these people. If nobody knows, I guess I really can't comment.
                          As I said, he was trying to start a chant from one side of the arena to the other. We do it everywhere (except UMass, because it isn't worth being stabbed over), and it's never been a problem. It really strange, we'd never had any trouble with Conte security before, they've generally been pretty cool.

Comment

except UMass, because it isn't worth being stabbed over
                            hahahaha well done.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I have a feeling some details are being left out, but whatever.

Comment

It's funny how close you got it while trying to do the opposite. NU fans, can we confirm that the security guard came jogging up the steps yelling "Hey NU students, If we get another complaint about you standing you're outta here" or something?

All I heard was the "Hey NU students" part, as I was in the front so I missed the second part of his rant as he was walking up. That's why I'm laughing now quoting you above...

In all honesty, the game's over, the series is over, and I expect we won't be vising Conte for another 8 months or so (***hopefully***) so let's get on with our lives and pick up where we left off when the time comes shall we?
                                Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Working...
                                X