• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NU vs BC 2/19 and 2/21

I think, as has been mentioned, BC counts tickets sold
    Nope.

And as has been mentioned, our arena now holds less than the 5K
    Would be relevant if NU came close to filling the current 5K capacity on a regular basis, which they do not.

NU has the best student fan base in Hockey East, but nobody in the general public gives a crap. BC is generally among the top 2 w/ UNH in average attendance at the end of the year (will probably be 3rd behind BU this yr. thanks to a terrible home schedule).
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
      Nope.

Would be relevant if NU came close to filling the current 5K capacity on a regular basis, which they do not.

NU has the best student fan base in Hockey East, but nobody in the general public gives a crap. BC is generally among the top 2 w/ UNH in average attendance at the end of the year (will probably be 3rd behind BU this yr. thanks to a terrible home schedule).
      That was an impressive sellout on Friday! There several entire sections that had less than 5 people in them.

Comment

im just glad NU has "WIZARD" security for events...not a single one is overweight or out of shape and they could all handle any situation. (epic sarcasm)
        GO NU!
        --------------------------------------------------
        2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

Originally posted by btg1204 View Post
          That was an impressive sellout on Friday! There several entire sections that had less than 5 people in them.
          That's because many of those tickets went to students who stand behind the Doghouse vs sitting down below. If I were in their situation, I would have done the same.
          Originally posted by Bakunin
          Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            If there was some vulgar or over-the-top chanting they were doing...
            They are from Huntington Avenue, ergo they are vulgar.
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
              Team....Home Games....Average attendance
              Boston College.... 11.....5393
              Northeastern...... 13.....3282
              So we're about even on the number of fans who are old enough to drive a car

Seriously though, I walked into my section and I thought I was at Chuckie Cheese.
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                So we're about even on the number of fans who are old enough to drive a car

Seriously though, I walked into my section and I thought I was at Chuckie Cheese.
                That exactly how the priests want it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                  That exactly how the priests want it to be.
                  Winner. Thread over.
                  Originally posted by Bakunin
                  Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

You probably had the lowest SAT score in the section, too.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Re: NU vs BC 2/19 and 2/21

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      *****http://pwnedvideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/pwned.jpg******
                      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                      -
                      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Kids don't take the SATs. IQ might have been a better fit. Though I'm glad it was quoted without a comment to add emphasis to that error.
                        Originally posted by owslachief
                        Furthermore, here are the best predictors of particular leagues:

Hockey East (9 points) ... sameoldfury

Comment

Way to get technical and look like a chooch. It was a nice touch to take a shot at the priests. But the only ones that were bending over in Conte and getting sodomized were the NU players. Did BC stop scoring yet?
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            Way to get technical and look like a chooch. It was a nice touch to take a shot at the priests. But the only ones that were bending over in Conte and getting sodomized were the NU players. Did BC stop scoring yet?
                            Did you seriously use the word "chooch"? I think the Jersey Shore is on--don't forget the muscle milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Actually my SAT scores were pretty good. Derrick Rose hooked me up with one of his "tutors"
                              Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 02-22-2010, 04:45 PM.
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Actually my SAT scores were pretty good. hooked my up
                                o rly?
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X