Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NU vs BC 2/19 and 2/21

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
    No, jcarter, we go at the UVM fans because they're stupid. NU fans on here I have no problem with. Go away.

Superfanboy, I don't think you have any right to call any body of fans stupid. Just go look at the Beanpot thread.....lots of pics there that would say BC fans are the stupidest.

GO NU!!
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      Leave me out of that one. I've been calling for that guy to retire for over a decade now. Even Cookiepuss had the good sense to give up the ghost instead of continuing to make a spectacle out of himself as he neared age 40...
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        Superfanboy, I don't think you have any right to call any body of fans stupid. Just go look at the Beanpot thread.....lots of pics there that would say BC fans are the stupidest.

GO NU!!
        When will he realize no fan base wants him rooting for them?
        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Hard fought win. I thought BC played really well in the 3rd. They could have easily tied the gm.. i guess we could've easily gone up by 2 were it not for one sure missed chance (Justin Daniels)..so close. Also, an amazing save by Muse on i forget who.

The Doghouse was awesome tonight (can we pls come up with some other cheers other than the 'sieve/ sucks' .. kinda becomes repetitive). Anyway, the barn can get loud.. wow. Its not a pro gm.. its college hockey & in that sense.. perfect atmosphere!

I don't care what team you root for (to me).. Krieder is a pleasure to watch on ice. Also i thought Almeida skated really well.

For NU i thought Rawlings played solid (heck he had an assist on our first goal) & i think our Captain.. Tyler McNeely, another solid gm. MacLeod as well.. playing solid last 4 or 5 gms..keep it up!

Kudos to our special teams in not allowing the BC offense to score on any PP. That was huge. BC bounces back Sunday, i feel (unless we have an out of this world defensive effort.. we'll see - hey, almost had one tonight) but regardless..we'll relish this one, if just for a while
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I think we all saw it, that BC team is going to be incredibly scary next year if they don't lose a ton of guys to the big leagues, ton of talent on that squad

NU looked good tonight, this has been a great little run by the team. I remember at one point we were just talking about this year's team making the playoffs, now we have a home ice slot? Unreal, I don't know if they will finish with it, but still what a run!

And don't look now but NU is still climbing the PWR. We really need Vermont to fall out, NU's 1-2 record against them as a TUC sucks...
            MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

Postgame Video from Tonight Courtesy of Inside Hockey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KWDdgAtlSA

Also check out the Game Recap: http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/5978 and the notebook: http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/5982

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyMan View Post
                I think we all saw it, that BC team is going to be incredibly scary next year if they don't lose a ton of guys to the big leagues, ton of talent on that squad

NU looked good tonight, this has been a great little run by the team. I remember at one point we were just talking about this year's team making the playoffs, now we have a home ice slot? Unreal, I don't know if they will finish with it, but still what a run!

And don't look now but NU is still climbing the PWR. We really need Vermont to fall out, NU's 1-2 record against them as a TUC sucks...
                I agree that BC should be very good next year but i dont think there is anyone(underclassmen) on the team that can't use another year in HE, so not sure how many will jump ship, i just dont think any are ready. I also am tired about hearing how talented we are, the record since christmas is 7-7, which is a type of record that isnt going to win any trophies, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post

GO NU!!
                  *****http://www.joshgibney.com/uvmkid.jpg******
                  Sorry JC, UVM fans take the stupidity cake. 2nd year in a row moron UVM students come down to the UNH students, taunt them, do something stupid (last year it was flip off the arena) and get tossed by the police... last year they all were drunk and had several flasks on them, and they got arrested, not sure about this year...This moron shoved a UNH student (dressed as a BC fan w/ his pink shirt, though the collar is, somehow, not popped) almost down the stairs, and he and his friends got the gate from the arena
                  Last edited by Gibber; 02-20-2010, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Great game, great atmosphere last night. We tiptoed into fourth last night, but it most likely won't hold up after tonight's games. Still, it's great to see this team improve in so many facets from a couple months ago. The breakouts are stronger, offensive possessions are sustained, and they are moving the puck better on the PP.

That being said, I think it's going to be really tough to grab even a point on Sunday. You can only keep this BC team bottled up for so long and something tells me we're going to see more than two goals from them tomorrow.

Comment

Late about posting this (something about a US-Canada game) but here's postgame video from today's BC-Northeastern game courtesy of Inside Hockey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riv8BrJpoUA

Comment

Well I guess that's what happens when you p*ss BC off...

They just have so much speed and so much talent in all 4 forward lines. Maley and Hewkin were both pretty awful tonight, anyone know the deal with Strathman?

Oh well, going into the weekend i would've taken a split. We now have to follow that up with at least another split against UNH.
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Cro felt bad for the poor DogHouse that was up there waiting to cheer for something. Until we weren't.
                          Go Huskies!

Comment

BC put their best effort forward & NU most definitely did not. Could we have skated better.. sure. But today.. not sure how many teams could have beat that squad. Take it on the chin, learn.. move on.

Oh & one more thing.. after a gm like that, tip your hat off to the opponent..

& be mad as hell nxt wknd
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bostonfan86 View Post
                              I laughed at the "steroid" comment because after BC scored 3 times in 3 minutes in the 2nd that actually briefly crossed my mind...and then I remembered this wasn't college baseball
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

"That guy's creepy *clap clap clapclapclap*

Creepy old guy with his kids... yelling at the NU section, things like "your mom wants me"
                                Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Working...
                                X