Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NU vs BC 2/19 and 2/21

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    NU's athletics office is now listing the Fri gm as being sold out.. should be a fun atmosphere win, lose, or draw
    the dog house returns?!

i'll be at this one... i have a class until 6 and bu is in rhode island, how can you possibly pass up a game at the best rink in town?

go... huskies!
    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      NU's athletics office is now listing the Fri gm as being sold out.. should be a fun atmosphere win, lose, or draw
      Do we know if that is just a student sellout, or does that include public tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by kcnuloyal View Post
        Do we know if that is just a student sellout, or does that include public tickets?
        Public tickets are gone.

Click

Comment

Originally posted by btg1204 View Post
          Public tickets are gone.

Click
          Thanks for the link. Something tells me that getting to campus for 4:30 to try for a student ticket might be too late.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnuloyal View Post
            Thanks for the link. Something tells me that getting to campus for 4:30 to try for a student ticket might be too late.
            I just got one, there seemed to be plenty left. There was apparently a line that stretched through Krentzmen but when I got there there were maybe 20 people in line, some of whom were getting tickets for other stuff.

Comment

NU has won four in a row and are 7-2 in their last nine. I'm sure that has BC's attention.

Comment

BC has scored 3 goals in their last 2 gms.. which (for their offensive talent).. is paltry.

Sooner or later, they are due. I am sure that has NU's attention.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

A little help/advice please. I haven't been to Mathews in several years. Is there adaquate parking nearby? And if I get there a little early is there someplace within a few minutes walk that I can get a beer? (or two)?
                  sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                    A little help/advice please. I haven't been to Mathews in several years. Is there adaquate parking nearby? And if I get there a little early is there someplace within a few minutes walk that I can get a beer? (or two)?
                    There are meters around, but the best bet is probably a garage. If you park in the Marriott, the new Champions is great for a beer. Thousands of TV's and the biggest big screen I've ever seen. Much better than the old Champions.

Comment

If you go in St. Botolph St. off of Mass. Ave. (Matthews will be immediately on your left), there is a parking garage just after Matthews on the left. Probably $25. to park.

Free Parking is on Columbus Ave. Follow down about 1/8 mile and turn into Northeastern property on the right. Free park and take the pedestrian bridge over the 'T' tracks to Matthews (very short walk).
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

There is also an Uno's with a bar quite close, along with the normal college bars Our House East, Conor Larkins all within short walks...
                        MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                          There are meters around, but the best bet is probably a garage. If you park in the Marriott, the new Champions is great for a beer. Thousands of TV's and the biggest big screen I've ever seen. Much better than the old Champions.
                          How new is the new Champions? I was there probably 2 years ago and it wasn't worth going to again IMO, if it's improved now I'll probably stop by before the NU BU game in a couple weeks.

Comment

The Camden parking lot is open and free for games. You go towards the parking garage on columbus and insttead of going into the garage, go to the right underneath the squash busters gym, and follow that to the parking.
                            Originally posted by Bakunin
                            Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

I hate bc. And bu. Go Huskies. I want bc to fail at everything. That would make me feel better.
                              Originally posted by Bakunin
                              Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                                I hate bc. And bu. Go Huskies. I want bc to fail at everything. That would make me feel better.
                                brilliant and thought provoking post.........

Comment

Working...
                                X