Boston University vs Providence 2/19 and 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston University vs Providence 2/19 and 20

Well, the last time these two team played was certainly a surprise. I believe Friday's game in the Coffin will be a televised affair, when's the last time that happened.

BU has won 5 out of 6 after not winning 2 straight for months, so is PC due (again)?

Re: Boston University vs Providence 2/19 and 20

Sounds cool.
    time to write new history

Comment

These games are going to super awesome.
      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        Well, the last time these two team played was certainly a surprise. I believe Friday's game in the Coffin will be a televised affair, when's the last time that happened.

BU has won 5 out of 6 after not winning 2 straight for months, so is PC due (again)?
        it was televised the last time we played there.

should be a super duper series.
        Bleed Scarlet.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
          These games are going to super awesome.
          Super stoked.
          GO BU! がんばろうTERRIERS

Comment

The last game in Providence was possibly the worst game I've seen BU play in person. They weren't playing well, we were just playing even worse. The power play was a statue, it's done much better since then. For any postseason aspirations for BU, it's 4 points this weekend or bust.
            2008-09 Boston University Terriers
            Icebreaker, Denver Cup, Beanpot, HE Regular Season, HE Tournament
            NCAA Champions

Comment

i get the message. touche
              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                I believe Friday's game in the Coffin will be a televised affair, when's the last time that happened.

Friday's game is not televised as far as I know. Anyway, things I'm excited for:
                -PC's PA guy yelling "june-YAH" and "seen-YAH" during player introductions.
                -The electric crowd at the Coffin.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

We need 4 points against PC and we need to win 3/4 against Vermont and NU.

Otherwise I feel we'll need to win the HE tourney just to make the NCAAs.
                  Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post

Friday's game is not televised as far as I know.
                    Originally posted by BB411 View Post
                    it was televised the last time we played there.
                    So I was only wrong on both counts

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                      We need 4 points against PC and we need to win 3/4 against Vermont and NU.

Otherwise I feel we'll need to win the HE tourney just to make the NCAAs.
                      Agree about absolutely needing 4 points against PC... a loss here would cost the team way too much RPI.

Don't agree about absolutely needing 3/4 from both Vermont and NU... I have no math to back it up but I feel like 5/8 from those weekends and a good showing in the Hockey East tournament may get us in. Remember UVM and NU are both near us in the PWR. Hopefully NU sweeps the next two weekends so they're as high as possible when we play them in three weeks!
                      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Agree about absolutely needing 4 points against PC... a loss here would cost the team way too much RPI.

Don't agree about absolutely needing 3/4 from both Vermont and NU... I have no math to back it up but I feel like 5/8 from those weekends and a good showing in the Hockey East tournament may get us in. Remember UVM and NU are both near us in the PWR. Hopefully NU sweeps the next two weekends so they're as high as possible when we play them in three weeks!
                        no we need all the points we can get vs nu and vm. vm will be a tuc and barring them going 0 for the rest of the season, theyll be one in march. nu is on the cusp, but wins will of course help rpi and could end up helping tuc. plus theres the cop with other HE teams we dont hold pairs with like maine and umass. wins over vt would give us a strong hold on our pair with them as well.

with respect to conference standings, everyone is so even in terms of points and overall skill that there's really no difference in who plays who, especially considering the #1 team would play the #8 team who also would be a 3 seed in the ncaa's right now, so just getting home ice is the goal for us and we get who we get.

Comment

I think BU needs to take a minimum of 10 of 12 points the rest of the way. Coming into the second semester, I thought BU's only chance of making the NCAAs as an at-large was by losing no more than 2 games. They've gotten a little lucky with some other teams, and that's allowed them to still hang around even with 3 losses. I think they can afford one more loss in the regular season, and then they'll need to at least get to the Garden.

And I do have the math to back that up. Right now, the RPI cut line for the NCAA field is roughly 0.5300 (if you average out all the teams around the 15 spot in PWR). According to SiouxSports, BU's estimated RPI if they win 5 of 6 would be 0.5355. If they only win 4 of 6, it would be 0.5281.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I think BU needs to take a minimum of 10 of 12 points the rest of the way. Coming into the second semester, I thought BU's only chance of making the NCAAs as an at-large was by losing no more than 2 games. They've gotten a little lucky with some other teams, and that's allowed them to still hang around even with 3 losses. I think they can afford one more loss in the regular season, and then they'll need to at least get to the Garden.

And I do have the math to back that up. Right now, the RPI cut line for the NCAA field is roughly 0.5300 (if you average out all the teams around the 15 spot in PWR). According to SiouxSports, BU's estimated RPI if they win 5 of 6 would be 0.5355. If they only win 4 of 6, it would be 0.5281.
                            problem is your rpi is also based largely on how other teams perform so its virtaully impossible to actually calculate without predicting every outcome.

Comment

'cept it's not just rpi... umass is currently in (15) with the 19th best rpi. ferris would be out with 12th.

BU has lost to ND, RPI. those'll hurt in the COp. they have a lot of losses in conf that can come back and bite them (they've dropped a game against everyone but uvm (.500 record so far)).

that went into my thought last night with letting neu and uvm win until we can beat them ( ). keep them in the tuc mix and let's see if the guys can improve those matchups.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X