Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University vs Providence 2/19 and 20

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
    problem is your rpi is also based largely on how other teams perform so its virtaully impossible to actually calculate without predicting every outcome.
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    'cept it's not just rpi... umass is currently in (15) with the 19th best rpi. ferris would be out with 12th.
    Yeah, I get that. I'm not new to this stuff. I thought using the words "I think", "roughly", and "estimated" made it clear that this wasn't precise, but perhaps not.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

To bring this back to the thread topic, which is the games(s) this weekend.....

I remember the last game thread when I said that it always seems to be Lent when BU plays there, and guess what?! Lent starts this week! Ha! No hot dogs at The Coffin!

Comment

Gratuitous PC fan post!

And... I'm done.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I remember the last game thread when I said that it always seems to be Lent when BU plays there, and guess what?! Lent starts this week! Ha! No hot dogs at The Coffin!
          There is a Spikes about 1/2 mile from the rink. Bring your own to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
            Lower prices than in Boston, and a bigger selection than I was used to, love that place.
            Boston University 2009 Champs
            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

A) You can bring food into the rink?

B) It's Friday during Lent. No meat. Even if they serve it at the arena.

Comment

A) You can bring food into the rink?
                Netman does it all the time.

B) It's Friday during Lent. No meat. Even if they serve it at the arena.
                The choices are severely limited this time of year. Best to bring your own.

Comment

The choices are severely limited this time of year. Best to bring your own.
                  if only traffic was likely limited.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    if only traffic was likely limited.
                    Agree on that one. I really want to get up there for this game, but it's so hard without needed to leave work early, and somehow I don't think my boss will see this as necessary...
                    "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Yeah, unfortunatley with traffic and work etc....7PM games at Providence are officially off my list. I wish this one were on TV.

Comment

I'm flying into Providence tonight for meetings tomorrow, doubt I can turn a little snow into "I have to stay the week".
                        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

The Abbey is 1/2 mile away. Great grub, plenty of cold beer

Comment

The absolute necessity of four points this weekend is making me really anxious / nervous for these games..

We can only lay an egg against Providence once a year, right?
                            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                              The absolute necessity of four points this weekend is making me really anxious / nervous for these games..
                              It's the kind of game you hate because success really isn't an option it's either failure or not a failure. I think the PC win last month should help remove most of the trap element from this trap game though.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post

We can only lay an egg against Providence once a year, right?
                                The thing about that first Providence game was that BU actually played a very strong game. Parker said afterward that he thought the Terriers played well and then said as much the next week after watching the gametape. Providence brought their best game and had enough things go its way to come away with the 'W.' It was just one of those days for BU.
                                Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X