SCSU @ UW.. VW strikes again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU @ UW.. VW strikes again!

May I be named the official UW thread starter? Pretty Please? Haha. Seriously, though, this is a very important series. SCSU is ahead of us in the standings because they have more conference games so UW has their chance to neutralize their lead. I'd be content with a split as it would put us on track for home ice in the WCHA tourney, but if we want to win the McNaughton a sweep is necessary. Should be fun. I'll be there Saturday in my usual seat location if you care to share a few words with me.
    Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Re: SCSU @ UW.. VW strikes again!

what does volkswagen have to do with this again? are they giving out free jetta's at the game or what
    A Viking, no A Husky fan... nothing like being a professional student

I will always be proud to be a husky fan!

Comment

Originally posted by STC_for_me View Post
      what does volkswagen have to do with this again? are they giving out free jetta's at the game or what
      Yep. There's a pink beetle waiting for you on Dayton St.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
        Yep. There's a pink beetle waiting for you on Dayton St.
        I am comfortable enough in my masculinity and sick enough of my less than stellar gas millage of my current car to ask this... Where do I pick up the keys?

Comment

I am comfortable enough in my masculinity and sick enough of my less than stellar gas millage of my current car to ask this... Where do I pick up the keys?
          Like I said, it will be waiting for you on Dayton Street. The keys will be in it so you will be all set for your long drive back to St. Cloud after a rough series.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
            Like I said, it will be waiting for you on Dayton Street. The keys will be in it so you will be all set for your long drive back to St. Cloud after a rough series.
            Only if there is an Aqua CD in the player!
            In all seriousness, are either game going to be on tv?

Comment

Only if there is an Aqua CD in the player!
              In all seriousness, are either game going to be on tv?
              Looks like Friday is only available via Big Ten Network webcast.
              Saturday is on Wisconsin Public Television, no idea what that means for up in Minnesota.
              Last edited by WeWantMore; 02-13-2010, 11:14 PM.

Comment

This thread's off to a great start
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                  Looks like Friday is only available via Big Ten Network webcast.
                  Saturday is on Wisconsin Public Television, no idea what that means for up in Minnesota.
                  is the big ten web cast like espn360? and If there are any tech savy wisco fans out there, can I teach you how to stream Saturdays game? its not very hard and would make lots of people happy.

Comment

is the big ten web cast like espn360? and If there are any tech savy wisco fans out there, can I teach you how to stream Saturdays game? its not very hard and would make lots of people happy.
                    It's like ESPN 360, in the sense that you use a computer. Unlike ESPN 360, you have to pay for it ($5 maybe?), and the quality is hit or miss.

I'll be at the game, or I'd happily stream it for you.

Comment

Our guys looked burned out tonight, we could really use that bye week this week. I was hoping that this would be the year we get a win or two down there. Now I have no idea what to expect.

We are going to find out real quick just how mentally tough this team is. If we go down there and lay two eggs then it is going to be another year down the pooper. BUT if the guys rally together and make up their minds to go down there and steal some points that would be enough to make a believer out of me heading into the bye and then kato and the playoffs. Especially after losing like they did tonight.

These games are going to define who the Huskies are and what they could do in the postseason.
                      SCSU!

Comment

I was gonna call this thread "Swoon is in Season."
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Big games for Wisconsin. Certainly, they have the advantage in recent home games (I'm too lazy to look up the exact numbers, but I know UW has had a very nice streak of points at home going for them [please don't hold that against me, I hold that as common knowledge]), but SCSU has so far this year proven themselves to be nobody to be easily dismissed; they took 3-of-4 points from UMD earlier (granted, they were at home,) and split with Wisconsin, 4-1 apiece in St. Cloud. I just hope the team that played against the Sioux on Saturday shows up against the Badgers on both days, but I know better than to assume that.

If it's anything like past years, it will be a very close series with Wisconsin somehow able to eek-out points against a very good Husky team. I would be satisfied with 3/4 points, but of course am hoping for the sweep, considering recent history. Anything less than 2 points would be a major disappointment, at least in my view. SCSU has to prove that they are among the elite in the WCHA, whereas Wisconsin has to assert that they absolutely deserve to be where they are currently in the national polls. (Or should I say "Poles," as they really don't matter ).

This should be a very close series, but I am optimistic. I can't wait for Friday !! I think Wisconsin sweeps, but wouldn't be surprised at all with a split.
                          I literally call in sick to work for Badger hockey !

Comment

this thread is lacking our red face..
                            Originally posted by Mankato student
                            Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                            "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                            -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                              I was gonna call this thread "Swoon is in Season."
                              **** the Swoon . . . TIME TO MAN UP!
                              SCSU!

Comment

Working...
                              X