Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: # 1 in the Country - DU !

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    Thats funny considering they still had a tougher schedule than a handful of WCHA teams until they had to play BG last weekend. Boston College should be "discraced" too eh?
    The SOS in the krach changes week to week so at the end of the regular season we'll see where Miami finishes in the SOS ranking and where the other potential #1 Seeds finish. I'm willing to bet Maimi isn't in the top 10 in SOS.
    The Quest For 7

Comment

Come on uwbadgers14 are you kidding me? We schedule tough non conference teams like St. Cloud State (toward top of the all heralded WCHA) and New Hampshire (leading Hockey East) and you say our non conference schedule is weak?

Your argument is just stupid saying that when we played them they weren't good teams or whatever. Yes they might not have been playing quite to the ability they are now but that still that doesn't mean they aren't still quality opponents. Plus when do you usually play nonconference games? Oh yeah, early in the season and during holiday tournaments. This was the same point of the season for us too and we still went 3-0-1 against them.

As for the Thanksgiving tournament where we played North Dakota and Bemidji State. Two more upper tier opponents. Yes, we went 0-1-1 in these games but they will still give us plenty of experience needed for the tournament.

Just because we don't play in the WCHA doesn't mean we don't play quality opponents.
      2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
        Thats funny considering they still had a tougher schedule than a handful of WCHA teams until they had to play BG last weekend. Boston College should be "discraced" too eh?
        In defense to miami there is no way to predict how good or bad some teams will be when these games are scheduled but year in and year out Miami seems to walk the line of of putting teams on the schedule that are toss ups, never national powerhouses... And with there conference, scheduling some PLAYOFF type games might prove to be a decent idea. Thats all part of evaluating and seeing where you measure up to the rest of the country instead of being the Boise St. of college hockey.
        The Quest For 7

Comment

Schedule are done 2-4 years in advance in most places, so you never really know what the situation is when you play a team.Most good programs try to schedule as many other good programs as is possible, but open dates and home revenue requirements also drive the decisions.

Seems to me Miami did a super job of non-conference schdeuling, and the 3-3-1 record reflects the difficulty of opponents.

Miami is fully deserving of their ranking. They played within an eyelash of an NCAA title last year and have done a great job this year in winning consistently. Any other team will fear the Red Hawks come tourney time and for good reason - they will likely be the most experienced team in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
            Come on uwbadgers14 ...

Your argument is just stupid ...
            Consider the source.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
              In defense to miami there is no way to predict how good or bad some teams will be when these games are scheduled but year in and year out Miami seems to walk the line of of putting teams on the schedule that are toss ups, never national powerhouses... And with there conference, scheduling some PLAYOFF type games might prove to be a decent idea. Thats all part of evaluating and seeing where you measure up to the rest of the country instead of being the Boise St. of college hockey.
              We have played in plenty of "PLAYOFF type games." We only returned the majority of our team that went to the National Championship game last year, or don't those count as "PLAYOFF type games" either?

Love and Honor

Comment

....instead of being the Boise St. of college hockey.
                That explains the blue ice at Cady Arena.

Comment

Come on uwbadgers14 are you kidding me? We schedule tough non conference teams like St. Cloud State (toward top of the all heralded WCHA) and New Hampshire (leading Hockey East) and you say our non conference schedule is weak?

Your argument is just stupid saying that when we played them they weren't good teams or whatever. Yes they might not have been playing quite to the ability they are now but that still that doesn't mean they aren't still quality opponents. Plus when do you usually play nonconference games? Oh yeah, early in the season and during holiday tournaments. This was the same point of the season for us too and we still went 3-0-1 against them.

As for the Thanksgiving tournament where we played North Dakota and Bemidji State. Two more upper tier opponents. Yes, we went 0-1-1 in these games but they will still give us plenty of experience needed for the tournament.

Just because we don't play in the WCHA doesn't mean we don't play quality opponents.
                  I don't think i mentioned anything about the WCHA in that post. Wisconsin lucked out in the holiday tourny that Yale is as good as they are this season. But if you want ot talk about the WCHA we can do that, Minnesota and Wisconsin play Mich. St. and Michigan EVERY YEAR. These two teams are good almost every year. now that we are ending our holiday tournament we will most likely schedule another big time school in that open week, I think we have agreed to play robert morris next year just because they are playing a independent schedule next season and were shopping for opponents but in future years our holiday dates will be filled with powerhouse opponents, for attendence and TV reasons yes but also because its how our program works, eaves loves to test the progress of his teams and not just in league play but against the B.C's and UNH's and so on.
                  The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                    Schedule are done 2-4 years in advance in most places, so you never really know what the situation is when you play a team.Most good programs try to schedule as many other good programs as is possible, but open dates and home revenue requirements also drive the decisions.

Seems to me Miami did a super job of non-conference schdeuling, and the 3-3-1 record reflects the difficulty of opponents.

Miami is fully deserving of their ranking. They played within an eyelash of an NCAA title last year and have done a great job this year in winning consistently. Any other team will fear the Red Hawks come tourney time and for good reason - they will likely be the most experienced team in the tournament.
                    I"m surprised puck swami, i usually agree with most of your posts but this one i will disagree, i think both of our teams are just as experienced as well as UMD, UNH, Vermont. People were saying the same thing about Notre Dame last year, they were the most experienced, they had the great regular season, how did that end up for them...
                    The Quest For 7

Comment

• Re: # 1 in the Country - DU !

I don't think i mentioned anything about the WCHA in that post. Wisconsin lucked out in the holiday tourny that Yale is as good as they are this season. But if you want ot talk about the WCHA we can do that, Minnesota and Wisconsin play Mich. St. and Michigan EVERY YEAR. These two teams are good almost every year. now that we are ending our holiday tournament we will most likely schedule another big time school in that open week, I think we have agreed to play robert morris next year just because they are playing a independent schedule next season and were shopping for opponents but in future years our holiday dates will be filled with powerhouse opponents, for attendence and TV reasons yes but also because its how our program works, eaves loves to test the progress of his teams and not just in league play but against the B.C's and UNH's and so on.
                      Miami played a great majority of the teams you mentioned in this post this year. So I guess what you are saying is that when you or someone else in the WCHA plays Mich St, Michigan, UNH, and the weaker Robert Morris it is acceptable but you still think Miami's schedule is weak. Makes sense haha

Love and Honor

Comment

Miami should be discraced by there schedule this year. Its not there fault there conference sucks but they have no been challenged but maybe 2 weekends all year. That will prove to be costly come tournament time. I'd put my money on a team thats been challeged week in a week out coming into the tournament then playing that horrid schedule then trying to get up for there 1st game in the NCAA's. We saw it with notre Dame and michigan last year.

Puhlease...it seems like every time i come back to this forum some other ignorant person says something stupid. If you want people to be doing more research, look at our schedule last year.

Oct. 4 Ryerson University - Exhibition (7:05pm)

Oct. 10 @ Ohio State

Oct. 11 OHIO STATE

Oct. 17-18 @ Vermont

Oct. 24-25 @ Notre Dame

Oct. 31-Nov 1 ALASKA

Nov. 7-8 FERRIS STATE

Nov. 14-15 @ Michigan State

Nov. 21-22 MICHIGAN

Dec. 5-6 @ Western Michigan

Dec. 13-14 Rensselaer (Sat. 7:05pm - Sun. 5:05pm)

Jan. 2-3 @ Ohio Hockey Classic

Jan. 9-10 @ Michigan

Jan. 16-17 MICHIGAN STATE

Jan. 23-24 @ Nebraska-Omaha

Jan. 30-31 BOWLING GREEN

Feb. 13-14 @ Lake Superior State

Feb. 20-21 NORTHERN MICHIGAN (Feb 21st - 5:05pm)

Feb. 27 OHIO STATE

Feb. 28 @ Ohio State

Because you know all of those teams on our schedule were SOOOOOO great...besides Vermont and Michigan. If anything our schedule last year was easier than it is this year because this year we've been playing high powered out of conference teams (St. Cloud, Bemidji, No. Dak, UNH, and even though Robert Morris may not look like a top team they've been doing **** well against ranked teams). Look where our weak schedule got us last year. Oh, yeah I remember...the National Championship game! And who did we have to beat to get there? Oh yeah...Denver, Minnesota, cinderella story Bemidji.

So to reiterate everyone before you...check your facts kid.

Comment

Miami played a great majority of the teams you mentioned in this post this year. So I guess what you are saying is that when you or someone else in the WCHA plays Mich St, Michigan, UNH, and the weaker Robert Morris it is acceptable but you still think Miami's schedule is weak. Makes sense haha
                          I wasn't going to say anything but seriously...lol.

Comment

Even tho its out of Miami's control, the fact that you have only played Mich, Mich St. and N. Mich once this season doesn't help your case for playing a real tough regular season schedule.
                            Uhm...we don't control which in conference team we play twice during the year. The two seasons before this one we played Mich. twice. and then this year we don't because it rotates every two years. Get it?

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawksFan10 View Post
                              Puhlease...it seems like every time i come back to this forum some other ignorant person says something stupid. If you want people to be doing more research, look at our schedule last year.

Oct. 4 Ryerson University - Exhibition (7:05pm)

Oct. 10 @ Ohio State

Oct. 11 OHIO STATE

Oct. 17-18 @ Vermont

Oct. 24-25 @ Notre Dame

Oct. 31-Nov 1 ALASKA

Nov. 7-8 FERRIS STATE

Nov. 14-15 @ Michigan State

Nov. 21-22 MICHIGAN

Dec. 5-6 @ Western Michigan

Dec. 13-14 Rensselaer (Sat. 7:05pm - Sun. 5:05pm)

Jan. 2-3 @ Ohio Hockey Classic

Jan. 9-10 @ Michigan

Jan. 16-17 MICHIGAN STATE

Jan. 23-24 @ Nebraska-Omaha

Jan. 30-31 BOWLING GREEN

Feb. 13-14 @ Lake Superior State

Feb. 20-21 NORTHERN MICHIGAN (Feb 21st - 5:05pm)

Feb. 27 OHIO STATE

Feb. 28 @ Ohio State

Because you know all of those teams on our schedule were SOOOOOO great...besides Vermont and Michigan. If anything our schedule last year was easier than it is this year because this year we've been playing high powered out of conference teams (St. Cloud, Bemidji, No. Dak, UNH, and even though Robert Morris may not look like a top team they've been doing **** well against ranked teams). Look where our weak schedule got us last year. Oh, yeah I remember...the National Championship game! And who did we have to beat to get there? Oh yeah...Denver, Minnesota, cinderella story Bemidji.

So to reiterate everyone before you...check your facts kid.
                              Miami had a way tougher schedule last year... and you didn't beat Minnesota to get to the finals because they didn't make the tourney.

I'll never be impressed when I look at a team whos most impressive non- conference game is either a 6-3 win at UNH on Oct 16th or a 5-5 tie @ No. Dakota. Or in conf. is 4-0, 5-4 sweep at Ferris St.
                              The Quest For 7

Comment

Miami had a way tougher schedule last year... and you didn't beat Minnesota to get to the finals because they didn't make the tourney.

I'll never be impressed when I look at a team whos most impressive non- conference game is either a 6-3 win at UNH on Oct 16th or a 5-5 tie @ No. Dakota. Or in conf. is 4-0, 5-4 sweep at Ferris St.
                                Yeah...actually we did beat Minnesota...you know Minnesota Duluth. How did you guys do? Oh wait...haha.
                                Last edited by RedHawksFan10; 02-15-2010, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X