X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: # 1 in the Country - DU !

Originally posted by Denver Murph SUNY Osw 79 View Post
    Minn NS:
    Again....the Rings and NCAA Championship Watches causing other senses, such as maudling tripe sensors to shut down.
    [B]Riddle me this Minnesota Batman...[/B]
    Is it true that your top #1 round pick hotshot Cepis fell (lost an edge?) (tripped over the face off dot?) coming out of the DU zone tonight down 0-2, and then tried, UNSUCCESSFULLY, twice to get up , before clearing the puck with the butt (no pun intended) end of his stick? I couldn't tell, with all the hollering and raucous (**spell check) laughter from the stands. Combined with the DU players asking the fans, in a PA announcement, to please avert their eyes out of respect for a fallen, overrated player.
    I realize the irony of the night is when the rodent's scored less than 2 minutes later. But still the same...Why the **** isn't DU #1?

Denver Murph -SUNY Oswego '79
    Soccer (4) Lacrosse (2) Baseball (1)
    Lay off the paint thinner.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Minn NS:
      Again....the Rings and NCAA Championship Watches causing other senses, such as maudling tripe sensors to shut down.
      Is it true that your top #1 round pick hotshot Cepis fell (lost an edge?) (tripped over the face off dot?) coming out of the DU zone tonight down 0-2, and then tried, UNSUCCESSFULLY, twice to get up , before clearing the puck with the butt (no pun intended) end of his stick? I couldn't tell, with all the hollering and raucous (**spell check) laughter from the stands. Combined with the DU players asking the fans, in a PA announcement, to please avert their eyes out of respect for a fallen, overrated player.
      I realize the irony of the night is when the rodent's scored less than 2 minutes later. But still the same...Why the **** isn't DU #1?

Cepis is drafted?

Comment

Minn NS:

I didn't know he was a Gopher fan. Who knew.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Minn NS:
          No, I did not eat paint chips as a child. Nor did I watch your overrated team drop their third straight game to DU this year as a child. I suppose, as a child, I couldn't have imangined (sic) that a team with more NHL draft picks than anyone else would be outscored by an aggrette (******, I miss spell check) score of [B]9-1[B] in the three games vs. DU, as a child.
          I can't hear you any more because not only have I removed my two, in 13 years, Stanley Cup rings from my ears (See: NHL Stanley Cup Quotes, Roy, Patrick) but the weight of my Two NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP watches prevented me from scoring again on your goalie. But just barely.
          OK; a hybrid of Avalanche players morphing into George......

Murph from Denver
          I didn't know equipment managers got hardware. If these two statements were true, you of all people would know rankings mean nothing at this point. I mean how can Wisconsin be ranked lower than DU, they beat them head to head.
          If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Some postgame clips from the DU-Minnesota game courtesy of Inside Hockey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S8OW97QL2Y (Tyler Ruegesser)
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkPQ9qdSpMU (Marc Cheverie)

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
              I didn't know equipment managers got hardware. If these two statements were true, you of all people would know rankings mean nothing at this point. I mean how can Wisconsin be ranked lower than DU, they beat them head to head.
              Managers do get the hardware. Of course, players don't wear them during games so it'd be kind of hard for their weight to prevent scoring goals....and frankly, if your shot is impeded that much by a freaking watch, then you have pretty weak wrists to begin. Those Stanley Cup rings must be very small, as well, because my NCAA ring is way too large to fit in my ear.

And yes, mid-season rankings and $4.50 will get you a large coffee at Starbucks.

Comment

The next week they beat ...Air Force (anyone remember them in the tourney recently?)
                Wasn't Air Force an OT goal of being in the NCAA tournament last year, or was that just a figment of my imagination?
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  DU is the best team in the last 5 years. And it has its own thread to prove it!
                  I don't know about that one. Besides...congrats on a thread with DU fans boasting about their super aweseomness? I could start one right now talking about how awesome Miami is, but I wouldn't go bragging about it.

Anyways, Miami seems to have done fine whenever we have been matched up against you. When we opened our new ice hockey arena in 2006 we whomped DU (don't quote me on this) but I believe it was 5-2. We have a picture of it hanging on our wall.

By the way DU fans...you enjoying our past coach George Gwozdecky? I believe since Gwoz started coaching there we have been able to beat DU every time we've been matched up against them. (First opening game in 2006, and last year first round in NCAA)

Miami has worked hard for their number 1 ranking this year. Denver fan dude has been giving us an unimpressive list of close wins or losses to not so good teams, so how does DU deserve to be #1? Miami has the best record in the NCAA right now, with the number 1 goalie and a very well-rounded team.

You're still #2, you going to get a top seed in the tourney if you keep on the right track. DU had the chance to take the top spot when Miami was swept by Robert Morris, and what happened? You couldn't handle the pressure of holding the top spot for a week when DU lost the next weekend.

#2 is still great. Don't cry over unspilt milk.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                    Wasn't Air Force an OT goal of being in the NCAA tournament last year, or was that just a figment of my imagination?
                    Air Force was in the NCAA last year. They even won in the first round against Michigan I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                      That was a figment. They were one OT goal from going to the Frozen Four.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I just hope you guys don't pull another SCSU this year and lose in the first round of the NCAA's. DU needs to go deep so they can smoke the drunkin Sconi's....I think DU is the best team and all, but you seem to take nights off. I would say take out ND in the NCAA's too, but with the way they are playing it doesn't look like they will make it. Unless INCH gets to set the field.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          How does this idiot not notice the Sioux logo avatar and the seven Sioux NC banners on MNS's posts?
                          sshhhhhhhhhh.........don't help him

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                          Lay off the paint thinner.
                          Do Denver fans do this now too? I don't think the WCHA needs ANOTHER paint thinner drinking fanbase. We already have Sconni and St, Clooud...though paint thinner might make dg's blog funnier.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
                            You could hear him with the rings in your ears, but you can't hear him anymore with the rings out?
                            I'm impressed with your ability to decipher that gibberish.

Originally posted by Bagman View Post
                            Cepis is drafted?
                            He likes to keep it on the DL.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              That was a figment. They were one OT goal from going to the Frozen Four.
                              That's what I meant.
                              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2010 Frozen Four participant
                              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                                I'm impressed with your ability to decipher that gibberish.
                                He's a Sconni fan...he's got the decoder ring.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X