Elmira vs Neumann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmira vs Neumann

Is EC getting weaker? , and weaker teams getting stronger?
    Here comes Hobart !

Re: Elmira vs Neumann

Yes! Same thing year after year. Teams Elmira have been able to beat during the year get better and are able to adapt to Elmira's play. Elmira on the other hand does not adapt and actually plays worse when the games become more important. Did you see the Hobart game? I don't think Elmira wanted to be there . Score did not really reflect how poor Elmira looked. Should have been 5-1. Usually Alumni Weekend is when things start to go South. Thought this year might be different. Save an NCAA Birth for some team who deserves it!

Comment

I agree with collegehockey1, EC looked like they could care less they were playing Hobart last week. It's a shame they're beginning to lose right before the ECAC West playoffs as now Manhattanville is starting to close the gap and now they need to make sure they get at least a win next weekend.
      Last edited by smbenny; 02-13-2010, 10:21 AM.
      2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Is Elmira the new River Falls or Bowdoin?

Third straight year they've tanked it down the stretch...

Oh BTW for the people who questioned me about why Neumann would start Tendler over McKinnon earlier this year...check out who was in goal last night...Oh yeah Ross McKinnon.

Elmira had 40 shots and only scored one goal. Ross McKinnon sure doesn't have Elmira's number...

"The more things change...the more things remain the same."
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

I still think Elmira is in better shape for Pool C than Manhattanville. Manhattanville's SOS is horrible.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

You people need to relax about Elmira, they have been outstanding all year. I'm not a fan of EC's but I'm sure they would rather go through their bad stretch of play now and get it out of their system than come ECAC W playoff time. As for last nights game, they outshot Neumann almost 2-1 and they started a goalie who has less than 10 career starts. If Elmira walks out of Aston with a split this weekend, I`d say that`s still pretty solid considering they are the reigning National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by pierre maguire View Post
              You people need to relax about Elmira, they have been outstanding all year. I'm not a fan of EC's but I'm sure they would rather go through their bad stretch of play now and get it out of their system than come ECAC W playoff time. As for last nights game, they outshot Neumann almost 2-1 and they started a goalie who has less than 10 career starts. If Elmira walks out of Aston with a split this weekend, I`d say that`s still pretty solid considering they are the reigning National Champions!
              That's the thing though Pierre.

These streaks the past two seasons have lasted the last month of the season and they didnt "get it out of their system".
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Does anyone know why Tuttle was not playing last night? Not making excuses, but you have to stay with your #1 goalie. I thought I heard Willard's name mentioned, is he back? What I saw on the video feed was not promising. Elmira has a hard time adjusting to any team that "Takes it to them"
                Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Prez said it exactly right. These streaks do not end and happen at the end of the year. It would be one thing if it was the start or midway point of the season. It seems to be right around alumni weekend and just gets worse. Obviously Elmira has a good record every year but does it really matter if you can't win even your conference or let alone a national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                    Does anyone know why Tuttle was not playing last night? Not making excuses, but you have to stay with your #1 goalie. I thought I heard Willard's name mentioned, is he back? What I saw on the video feed was not promising. Elmira has a hard time adjusting to any team that "Takes it to them"
                    According to the boxscore Willard was back, but it looked like Clewlow wasn't in the lineup. I think Clewlow is a playmaker and hopefully he's back tonight.

I hope he would put in McDonald and not Bolin if Tuttle is still sick.
                    2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

I also wondered why Bolin started over Tuttle friday night. Tonight should be interesting who starts or "who gets pulled" EC needs better D fence! The goals will come. We are so close to hosting the West Tourny.

Comment

Elmira 's defence isn;t the problem it's the strength..... probably in the top five of D3 when Tuttle is on his game ..Can'twin if getting 40 plus shots and only one goal..and then theirs the power play..but getting this stretch of loses out of their system now is what counts ..let's see how they do in the final 3 games..they have a great team don't be jumpin..g off the bandwagon too soon..

Comment

this just in.. Neumann 4 EC 3....Final

Comment

There is always next year. Elmira's typical end of the season collapse.

Comment

I was at the Friday night game. When your trying to lock in the top seed for the West, why are you not starting your #1 Goalie? Maybe trying to make a statement to Tuttle after the Hobart game possibly. Neumann was aggressive, but it was not like any of their goals were real "eye openers". Ec could not get anything going on the powerplay, and were not attacking. I brought my camcorder as well, so I have it all on video.
                              I guess Tuttle is still trying to figure out his "slump", because he started tonight and gave up 3 goals in the 1st period alone! Hopefully EC can stop this 3 game skid and get back on track. I think getting back to the Domes this weekend is just what the Doctor ordered!

GO EC!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X