Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2010 Beanpot, Part II - BC: Beanpot Champions

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    BU and BC played to a riveting 1-1 tie in the women's Beanpot consolation game. And by riveting, I mean ridiculously lame. Seriously, who the hell ties in the Beanpot?
    The Dirtiest Player in Hockey, Miss Melissa Anderson, got jacked up twice - once on an epic, clean open ice hit courtesy of the girl who's season Anderson ended last year by diving into her knees (Tracy Johnson), and another by BC's Mary Restuccia, who popped her in the face. Got a game DQ for it, but totally worth it.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: The 2010 Beanpot, Part II - BC: Beanpot Champions

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    The Dirtiest Player in Hockey, Miss Melissa Anderson, got jacked up twice - once on an epic, clean open ice hit courtesy of the girl who's season Anderson ended last year by diving into her knees (Tracy Johnson), and another by BC's Mary Restuccia, who popped her in the face. Got a game DQ for it, but totally worth it.
    (Copying my post from the old thread):

While I completely oppose this rule (in fact it is the subject of vehement rants of mine), I don't think you can call any hit in womens' hockey "clean" considering they are illegal.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
      While I completely oppose this rule (in fact it is the subject of vehement rants of mine), I don't think you can call any hit in womens' hockey "clean" considering they are illegal.
      (Copying my post from the old thread):

This
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
        Word on the street is there was actually sort of a "bounty" on Anderson's head.

While I completely oppose this rule (in fact it is the subject of vehement rants of mine), I don't think you can call any hit in women's hockey "clean" considering they are illegal.
        Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
        You're a loon. Seriously there are no clean hits in women's hockey.
        I say 'clean' relative to men's hockey. Tracy Johnson wasn't called for a penalty for the hit though (which she ABSOLUTELY SHOULD HAVE, Anderson was seeing tweety birds), so it must have been clean, right?

Comment

I say 'clean' relative to men's hockey. Tracy Johnson wasn't called for a penalty for the hit though (which she ABSOLUTELY SHOULD HAVE, Anderson was seeing tweety birds), so it must have been clean, right?
          Fair. And like I said, I HATE the fact that women can't hit other women. **** ****ing sexist. There is no more likelihood of me hurting another woman than a man hurting a man. Co-ed adult leagues, yes, they should be no-check. But womens' leagues and especially womens' hockey at D-1 and Olympic level? Bull.

Photography

Comment

Fair. And like I said, I HATE the fact that women can't hit other women. **** ****ing sexist. There is no more likelihood of me hurting another woman than a man hurting a man. Co-ed adult leagues, yes, they should be no-check. But womens' leagues and especially womens' hockey at D-1 and Olympic level? Bull.
            Not to mention the fact that many girls who play for college teams played on boys' teams with checking for years.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that many girls who play for college teams played on boys' teams with checking for years.
              Precisely. You are okay with teenage boys hitting teenage girls when they are the minority, but suddenly when it's a whole team of girls, it isn't okay? Stupid.

Photography

Comment

Wow, you know you have hit rock bottom when you are reduced to talking about chick hockey on a Beanpot thread.

Fighting the good fight

Comment

Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
                  Wow, you know you have hit rock bottom when you are reduced to talking about chick hockey on a Beanpot thread.

The chick hockey was Beanpot hockey.

Comment

Grant, I am going to neg you for starting this thread. Fail.
                    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                    -
                    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Women's hockey guys? Seriously.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Did we really need another Beanpot Thread? This will be my last post in the thread and will not look at it again.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                          Grant, I am going to neg you for starting this thread. Fail.
                          Oh noeeees. Stop firebombing posters with neg rep. WAHAAAAAAAAHAAHAHAHAH.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

TT, re: your rep, through the grapevine. Why, should I not have been privy to this information? Or am I just plain wrong?
                            time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                              TT, re: your rep, through the grapevine. Why, should I not have been privy to this information? Or am I just plain wrong?
                              Haha no we just had no idea where that info could have come from. And I won't say you aren't wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X