Oswego State To Webcast Women's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oswego State To Webcast Women's Hockey

SUNY Oswego and the Oswego State Athletic Department are pleased to announce a live webcast for women’s ice hockey on Wednesday, February 10 Video and play-by-play for each contest will be provided by campus television station WTOP-10.

Video can be accessed at www.oswego.edu/athletics/live.

The women’s ice hockey team will host non-conference Hamilton on Wednesday, Feb. 10 at 7 p.m. in preparation for the final four regular season games of the year.

Live stats and live radio will also be available for the women’s ice hockey game on Wednesday night.
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Re: Oswego State To Webcast Women's Hockey

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    SUNY Oswego and the Oswego State Athletic Department are pleased to announce a live webcast for women’s ice hockey on Wednesday, February 10 Video and play-by-play for each contest will be provided by campus television station WTOP-10.

The women’s ice hockey team will host non-conference Hamilton on Wednesday, Feb. 10 at 7 p.m. in preparation for the final four regular season games of the year.

Live stats and live radio will also be available for the women’s ice hockey game on Wednesday night.

Good for them ! Will help them in their recruiting efforts going forward should they plan on continuing with this next year

Comment

Excellent news LEL. Dillon nailed it "The Times They are a-changin..."

Any idea what radio station and if they webcast?

Comment

LIVE RADIO http://www.wnyo.org/

LIVE STATS http://www.sidearmstats.com/oswego/whockey/
        LakerEagleLover

Comment

Originally posted by 2 for chirping View Post
          Good for them ! Will help them in their recruiting efforts going forward should they plan on continuing with this next year
          They've done this before. I think they did at least one or two games last year as I was a part of one of the broadcasts as an analyst.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

You won't need the live stats or radio. The video is straight from WTOP's production. They did the Oswego/Plattsburgh men's game a few weekends ago and had over 2400 viewers.

I'm not sure who will be doing play by play and color for the women's game but if its the same as the men its a decent crew. They aren't professionals or anything but the entire broadcast is done by students and they do a pretty good job considering that fact from cameras, production, on air talent etc.

The quality of the video is also top-notch.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
              Excellent news LEL. Dillon nailed it "The Times They are a-changin..."

Any idea what radio station and if they webcast?
              I believe that is Bob Dylan. I voted for Kivi!!
              Cardinal Women- 2-time Winners of DIII National Championship Games, 35 game undefeated streak
              Cardinal Men- 3-time Winners of DIII National Championship Games

Comment

Originally posted by aerogroup2 View Post
                I believe that is Bob Dylan. I voted for Kivi!!
                Thanks Aerogroup2. Wanted to see how many Dylan fans there were out there.

Chaos is a friend of mine - Bob Dylan

BTW "The Pride of Green Bay" thanks you for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                  Thanks Aerogroup2. Wanted to see how many Dylan fans there were out there.

Chaos is a friend of mine - Bob Dylan

BTW "The Pride of Green Bay" thanks you for your support!
                  I thought the reference was for the Laker coach...

Head Coach Diane Dillon

Diane Dillon begins her fourth year at the helm of the Oswego State Laker women's ice hockey program in 2009-10. Last season, Dillon guided Oswego State to its first ECAC West playoff appearance after compiling an overall record of 8-16-1 and a conference record of 5-12-1.

Dillon was named the Laker women's ice hockey head coach on March 8, 2006, and went on to garner ECAC Women's West Coach of the Year honors following her first season behind the bench at Oswego State.

Dillon, a native of Tonawanda, completed five seasons as assistant coach for women's ice hockey at Cornell University prior to becoming the head coach at Oswego State. In addition to game and practice responsibilities, Dillon was the primary recruiting coordinator for the Big Red and monitored academic progress of the student-athletes. She was also involved with developing the program's relationship with alumni and the community.

A 1983 graduate of Cornell, Dillon is one of the most prominent players in the program's history. She currently stands seventh in Big Red history in goals (65), fifth in assists (79) and sixth in total points (144). She was a team MVP in her freshman year and served as a team captain for three years, helping the Big Red to Ivy League championships in 1979 and 1980.

"I was very impressed by my visits to the Oswego State campus and it gave me a very good idea about how much excitement there is about women's hockey at all levels of the college," Dillon said. "There is a lot of support for the program and I look forward to getting off to a great start.

"It is a tremendous opportunity for me. I have always had a connection to Oswego State since I was a kid and I watched my older brother play hockey here. Because of that, I’ve always thought of Oswego State as a hockey school. Following the success of the men’s program over the years has proven that to be true, and our program looks forward to carrying on that hockey tradition."
                  LakerEagleLover

Comment

How'd the webcast turn out?

I was at the Syracuse basketball game so I wasn't able to watch.

A lot of viewers? anyone watch?
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

I thought the reference was for the Laker coach...

Head Coach Diane Dillon

Diane Dillon begins her fourth year at the helm of the Oswego State Laker women's ice hockey program in 2009-10. Last season, Dillon guided Oswego State to its first ECAC West playoff appearance after compiling an overall record of 8-16-1 and a conference record of 5-12-1.

Dillon was named the Laker women's ice hockey head coach on March 8, 2006, and went on to garner ECAC Women's West Coach of the Year honors following her first season behind the bench at Oswego State.

Dillon, a native of Tonawanda, completed five seasons as assistant coach for women's ice hockey at Cornell University prior to becoming the head coach at Oswego State. In addition to game and practice responsibilities, Dillon was the primary recruiting coordinator for the Big Red and monitored academic progress of the student-athletes. She was also involved with developing the program's relationship with alumni and the community.

A 1983 graduate of Cornell, Dillon is one of the most prominent players in the program's history. She currently stands seventh in Big Red history in goals (65), fifth in assists (79) and sixth in total points (144). She was a team MVP in her freshman year and served as a team captain for three years, helping the Big Red to Ivy League championships in 1979 and 1980.

"I was very impressed by my visits to the Oswego State campus and it gave me a very good idea about how much excitement there is about women's hockey at all levels of the college," Dillon said. "There is a lot of support for the program and I look forward to getting off to a great start.

"It is a tremendous opportunity for me. I have always had a connection to Oswego State since I was a kid and I watched my older brother play hockey here. Because of that, I’ve always thought of Oswego State as a hockey school. Following the success of the men’s program over the years has proven that to be true, and our program looks forward to carrying on that hockey tradition."
                      Diane Dillon not to be confused with Bob Dillon...

Comment

Webcast looked and sounded great - WTOP brought their A game...don't have the stats yet - will be interesting to see how they stack up...Hamilton folks on the facebook interface were very impressed...more so when they were told it was a student production....
                        LakerEagleLover

Comment

Working...
                        X