X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruiting III: Monty's Quest for the Holy Grail

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    You know that has been my biggest wish every year. I would love us to have some sort of force in front of the net and ask for it every year.
    Yes, I know. The problem is that talented, big forwards are much in demand everywhere, and we have lost out on the better ones whom we have been after (e.g., Derek Grant).
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph, is there a reasonably accurate height/weight list of the guys we've got scheduled to be joining the team?
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
        Ralph, is there a reasonably accurate height/weight list of the guys we've got scheduled to be joining the team?
        Heisenberg has a list http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...JG47g-ug&gid=1. As to accuracy, it's hard to say. Some of the heights/weights disagree a bit from those on their team/league stat pages. I don't think that there is another list of our recruits on the internet unless Without A Peer has one. I guess that you would remember if there is one on your blog.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Heisenberg has a list http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...JG47g-ug&gid=1. As to accuracy, it's hard to say. Some of the heights/weights disagree a bit from those on their team/league stat pages. I don't think that there is another list of our recruits on the internet unless Without A Peer has one. I guess that you would remember if there is one on your blog.
          Not sure about the other listings but from what I have seen and heard, Laliberte is not 5'10"
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            You know that has been my biggest wish every year. I would love us to have some sort of force in front of the net and ask for it every year.
            I am not sure that we need a talented big man, just someone to protect his linemates.( see McSorley).
            I think that the real problem in getting that guy, is that he has to be able to keep up with his linemates.
            Appert wanted quickness in his game and he has built his team on speed.
            Getting a big forward to keep up his hard to find.
            As for someone in front of the net, the same thing applies. They have to get there in time to make a difference.
            On the PP, we can always use a big defenseman to get in the way.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              I am not sure that we need a talented big man, just someone to protect his linemates.( see McSorley).
              I think that the real problem in getting that guy, is that he has to be able to keep up with his linemates.
              Appert wanted quickness in his game and he has built his team on speed.
              Getting a big forward to keep up his hard to find.
              As for someone in front of the net, the same thing applies. They have to get there in time to make a difference.
              On the PP, we can always use a big defenseman to get in the way.
              It certainly is hard to find speedy big forwards, but they are great to have. The next best thing is someone who can protect his linemates as you said.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Looking through some prep league rosters, I noticed that one of Jim Knowltons sons Mark ('94) is a sophomore at Albany Academy. He's a 5'6" 145lb center, with a line of 17g and 5a for 22pts this season. It will be interesting to see if he comes to RPI or if he might follow his older brothers (Chris) footsteps to Denver.

Comment

It certainly is hard to find speedy big forwards, but they are great to have.
                  I think Derek Grant would have fit this role perfectly, looks like he had a very nice first season at Michigan St.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                    Looking through some prep league rosters, I noticed that one of Jim Knowltons sons Mark ('94) is a sophomore at Albany Academy. He's a 5'6" 145lb center, with a line of 17g and 5a for 22pts this season. It will be interesting to see if he comes to RPI or if he might follow his older brothers (Chris) footsteps to Denver.
                    I hope not. IMO, it would create an awkward situation for SA. It's one thing to coach your own child. It's worse to coach your boss's child.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I hope not. IMO, it would create an awkward situation for SA. It's one thing to coach your own child. It's worse to coach your boss's child.
                      I think your right that it would make for an awkward situation. He does seem to be a little on the small side, although he is only 15-16 years old. Who knows, he might not even fit into SA's plans if he is looking to get some bigger more physical players in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                        I think your right that it would make for an awkward situation. He does seem to be a little on the small side, although he is only 15-16 years old. Who knows, he might not even fit into SA's plans if he is looking to get some bigger more physical players in the future.
                        I do think that we will still be mainly looking for small, fast forwards. That is the style that SA said at the start, and he has not said he was changing.

I suspect that SA's relationship with Denver had something to do with older brother Chris going to Denver. I think that the Denver folks here said he is a recruited walkon.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Cornwall wins 3-2 tonight over Nepean. Jacob Laliberte and Guy Leboeuf with an assist on Cornwalls first goal. Wouldnt mind seeing those two names together on the scoring sheets multiple times over the next few years.
                          http://cjhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1240205
                          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

On Thursday, the Kingston Kimco Voyageurs defeated the Trenton Golden Hawks 5-2. Brock Higgs had a goal, an assist, and a hooking penalty. Kingston leads the best-of-seven playoff series 3-0. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1238896

Higgs' line is now 8-3-8-11-8.
                            His total is 56-25-42-67-90.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Thursday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Nepean Raiders 3-2. Jacob Laliberté had an assist. Guy Leboeuf had an assist. Cornwall leads the best-of-seven playoff series 1-0. http://cjhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1240205

Laliberté's line is now 1-0-1-1-0.
                              His total is 51-62-50-111-34.
                              Leboeuf's line is now 1-0-1-1-0.
                              His total is 63-10-20-30-66.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-12-2010, 11:24 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Thursday, the Burlington Cougars lost to the Newmarket Hurricanes 6-1. Patrick Koudys had no points or penalties. Burlington has lost the best-of-seven playoff series 4-0. This ends Burlington's season. http://cchl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1238455

Koudys's playoff line is now 12-0-1-1-16.
                                His total is 62-5-29-34-58.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X