X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruiting III: Monty's Quest for the Holy Grail

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    That article had so many possibilites of who or who may not show up next season that it kinda seemed like Ed was just taking guesses and hoping that one or two would be correct. Koudys wont be here till 2011 correct. I know Curadi has the option of coming in '10 and or '11. Either way I like the defense that is heading our way.
    Let's make the assumption that the ideal number of defensemen is eight. The interview with SA in WAP debunked the idea that Greg Burgdoerfer will play defense. It also seems like Bryan Brutlag is permanently a forward now, but Kevin Beauregard has been moved back to defense.

So where does this leave us? Assuming no one turns pro or otherwise leaves school, we have returnees Foss, Kennedy, Zarbo, Bergin, and Beauregard. That's five. Bailen and Leboeuf, as has been said, are 89's, so can't play junior any more. So they make seven.

As Weaver said, there is some question about whether Nick Quinn will show up next season. If he shows up, that's eight. If he doesn't there is Luke Curadi or Patrick Koudys. Yes, we heard all along that Koudys is a 2011 recruit, but he has played quite well this year from all reports. The question is whether or not he is a HS senior. I thought that he was still a junior, but the original article discussing him is no longer on line. In any case, Curadi could arrive in 2010.

I also have heard rumors of other players that we may be interested in (not for publication).
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Ed Weaver's article in the Record about Leboeuf's committal http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...2215555272.txt.

Among other things, Ed mentions that Patrick Koudys could show up next season. I think that I read that he is still a junior in High School, so I wonder about the possibility.
      The "Cornwall Aces?" Did the Colts go through a name change that I missed? ...another Weaverism. Too bad Ed didn't have the presence of mind to ask Seth what grade Koudys was in...off the record of course.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Let's make the assumption that the ideal number of defensemen is eight. The interview with SA in WAP debunked the idea that Greg Burgdoerfer will play defense. It also seems like Bryan Brutlag is permanently a forward now, but Kevin Beauregard has been moved back to defense.

So where does this leave us? Assuming no one turns pro or otherwise leaves school, we have returnees Foss, Kennedy, Zarbo, Bergin, and Beauregard. That's five. Bailen and Leboeuf, as has been said, are 89's, so can't play junior any more. So they make seven.

As Weaver said, there is some question about whether Nick Quinn will show up next season. If he shows up, that's eight. If he doesn't there is Luke Curadi or Patrick Koudys. Yes, we heard all along that Koudys is a 2011 recruit, but he has played quite well this year from all reports. The question is whether or not he is a HS senior. I thought that he was still a junior, but the original article discussing him is no longer on line. In any case, Curadi could arrive in 2010.

I also have heard rumors of other players that we may be interested in (not for publication).
        Speaking of Zarbo, is he in the mix for next year? he hasn't played at all this season. What is his status? is he injured; studying abroad; in the dog house?

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
          Speaking of Zarbo, is he in the mix for next year? he hasn't played at all this season. What is his status? is he injured; studying abroad; in the dog house?
          He did play against Niagara on his home turf. As far as we know he just isn't part of Appert's plans. He has repeatedly said that he dresses the 18 skaters he expects will give the team the best opportunity to win each night.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

The link appears to be dead, but this search result seems to indicate that Koudys is a H.S. senior.

Blue chip blue-liner - Welland Tribune - Ontario, CA
            Junior Canadians rookie Patrick Koudys drafted by Oshawa Generals ... All of those are options for the Grade 11 student at Blessed Trinity Catholic ...
            http://www.wellandtribune.ca/Article....aspx?e=155653
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              He did play against Niagara on his home turf. As far as we know he just isn't part of Appert's plans. He has repeatedly said that he dresses the 18 skaters he expects will give the team the best opportunity to win each night.
              I saw him in shorts before the BRF. He was carrying one of those thick heated pads used for PT.... so he may be nursing something...dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                I forgot about the Niagara game. It would seem that he is odd man out for next year, unless he can make some major strides.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  The link appears to be dead, but this search result seems to indicate that Koudys is a H.S. senior.

Blue chip blue-liner - Welland Tribune - Ontario, CA
                  Junior Canadians rookie Patrick Koudys drafted by Oshawa Generals ... All of those are options for the Grade 11 student at Blessed Trinity Catholic ...
                  http://www.wellandtribune.ca/Article....aspx?e=155653
                  This article was from last year?
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The "Cornwall Aces?" Did the Colts go through a name change that I missed? ...another Weaverism. Too bad Ed didn't have the presence of mind to ask Seth what grade Koudys was in...off the record of course.
                    At least he is consistent http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...9654258215.txt.
                    In other RPI news, center Jacob Laliberté, also a recruit for 2010-11, has announced that he will remain with the Cornwall Aces of the upcoming season.
                    IIRC, the Cornwall Aces were an AHL team.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This article was from last year?
                      I'm guessing yes, given that the link to the story is dead.

He played for the Jr. Canadians last year, correct? So if he was a junior last year, I'm guessing he's a senior this year. I'm not saying that I know, I'm trying to figure it out.

Comment

I'm guessing yes, given that the link to the story is dead.

He played for the Jr. Canadians last year, correct? So if he was a junior last year, I'm guessing he's a senior this year. I'm not saying that I know, I'm trying to figure it out.
                        That makes sense. In that case, conceivably he is coming next season. I would like to see him get another year of seasoning, but ...

Whenever it happens, we will have some rather tall defensemen in Leboeuf, Curadi, and Koudys, although only Curadi has the weight to go along with it. Bergin isn't exactly small either.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That makes sense. In that case, conceivably he is coming next season. I would like to see him get another year of seasoning, but ...

Whenever it happens, we will have some rather tall defensemen in Leboeuf, Curadi, and Koudys, although only Curadi has the weight to go along with it. Bergin isn't exactly small either.
                          I was thinking the same thing about having tall defensemen. I hope these guys use thier height and weight to push people around in front of the net and make York or Merriams job a tad easier.
                          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Agreed. Behind Curadi, IMO Koudys is #2 - in that he has the makings to be a "Hoss Cartright" type of kid... I base this on having seen him most recently at HFH.

Comment

Agreed. Behind Curadi, IMO Koudys is #2 - in that he has the makings to be a "Hoss Cartright" type of kid... I base this on having seen him most recently at HFH.
                              Yes, since Koudys is still 17, he could change a lot.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The defensive line up for the near future is really starting to shape up-opponents will soon have to 'be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound"
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X