WCHA 2010-11 Schedules Collaboration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA 2010-11 Schedules Collaboration

So we know quite a bit early on already but let's fill in some blanks...

Travel Partners + Travel Partners = Cluster****mates
    Duluth/Tech + Minnesota/Wisconsin
    CC/Denver + Mankato/UAA
    UND/SCSU + Bemidji/UNO

Just a review... Within each cluster, each team plays the other 3 teams in two series' (4 games). Then they play 4 more home and 4 away series' against those outside of their cluster for total of 28 conference games. The clusters will change each year but the travel partners stay together for at least the next 5 years and at the end of 5 years every team will have played each other the same amount (other than your travel partner).

About the clusters from Sioux Sports

Previously Released Schedules (tentative but pretty solid):
    A bunch of WCHA schools just released their's recently. Instead of sorting through which ones have been announced, here you go. North Dakota's official one comes tomorrow. Note that Wisconsin and Minnesota have some weird stuff going on. They have a couple of Fri/Sun games now, which are the icebreaker tourney (applicable to holy cross, bu, and notre dame) and the huntsville series. Also, Minnesota now lists the home St. Cloud series as being 10/23-24 (Sat/Sun) even though the St. Cloud website does not yet.

Colorado College
    Bemidji
    North Dakota
    SCSU
    Duluth
    Denver
    UNO
    Mankato
    Minnesota
    UAA
    Wisconsin

Based off of all of this, this year's rotation gives each team these matchups...

*****http://img.***********.com/albums/v291/shutout31pyro/Clusters.jpg******

Anyone else have any WCHA game information? If I've made any typos please let me know.
    Last edited by Yager; 06-17-2010, 05:14 PM.

Re: WCHA 2010-11 Schedules Collaboration

From an old Bemidij Pioneer article (back when the '10-'11 schedule was released in ~ Sept '09):

In developing the WCHA’s five year schedule, Serratore said the cleanest option was chosen. “Basically the traditional travel partners will remain the same, with the addition of BSU being paired with UNO,” he said.

In 2010-11, BSU and UNO will be joined by UND and SCSU to form a four-team cluster. The Beavers will play each team in the cluster four times (home and home series) for a total of 12 games. BSU will then play the remaining eight teams in the league two game each, for a total of 16 games, with eight on the road and eight at home.

The cluster mates will rotate in each of the five seasons. In 2011-12 BSU/UNO will be joined by Colorado College and Denver, in 2012-13 Michigan Tech and UMD, 2013-14 Alaska-Anchorage and Mankato, and 2014-15 Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Under this schedule every team in the league will play every other team at home three out of five years – except for the travel partners who will play each other every year, Serratore explained. “Over the course of the five year schedule, everybody plays each other the same amount of times – home and away,” he said.

For North Dakota in 2010-11, the Sioux will play SCSU, BSU and UNO home and away. In addition, North Dakota will host Alaska-Anchorage, Denver, Minnesota and UMD. On the road for league games UND will travel to Colorado College, Michigan Tech, Mankato and Wisconsin.

In 2011-12, Minnesota and Wisconsin will join UND/SCSU as cluster mates. In league games UND will host SCSU, CC, Tech, Mankato, Minnesota, UNO and Wisconsin. Road games include SCSU, UAA, BSU, Denver, Minnesota, UMD and Wisconsin.
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Composite schedule so far...

*****http://pucks.mitchsmisfits.com/Composite%20Schedule.jpg******

Red is not final.
      Last edited by Yager; 04-16-2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
        From an old Bemidij Pioneer article (back when the '10-'11 schedule was released in ~ Sept '09):
        After watching the Series between UNO and Bemidji this year in Omaha, it is safe to say we like our new travel partner...

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
          Composite schedule so far...

*****http://img.***********.com/albums/v291/shutout31pyro/CompositeSchedule.jpg******
          That is awesome Yager...
          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
          Eric's Twitter
          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Rumor has it that RPI is at CC on 10/8 and 10/9.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Rumor has it that RPI is at CC on 10/8 and 10/9.
              Thanks!

Comment

Yager,

Unofficial tentative DU schedule

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2010/04...tentative.html
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                  Yager,

Unofficial tentative DU schedule

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2010/04...tentative.html
                  Thanks, you don't happen to know the order of the home and home games, do you?

Comment

Thanks, you don't happen to know the order of the home and home games, do you?
                    Not yet

Don't know who will play who in the first round of the Denver Cup yet either. My understanding it is going back to tourney style with the winners playing each other for the championship and the losers playing for 3rd place.
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

UPDATED 4-13-10

Awesome, thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                        Not yet

Don't know who will play who in the first round of the Denver Cup yet either. My understanding it is going back to tourney style with the winners playing each other for the championship and the losers playing for 3rd place.
                        I believe DU will play Air Force in the first round, and Clarkson will play Lake Superior State in the first round.

Comment

I owe Yager 2 beers.

One for securing the MN-MTU dates in Houghton, allowing me to secure the necessary days off WELL in advance (which, for that time of year, is needed at my work) and one for doing this work for the hockey world.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I owe Yager 2 beers.

One for securing the MN-MTU dates in Houghton, allowing me to secure the necessary days off WELL in advance (which, for that time of year, is needed at my work) and one for doing this work for the hockey world.
                            And one more for good measure (and because you have more money than me being that I am in college)!

Comment

And one more for good measure (and because you have more money than me being that I am in college)!
                              Yeah, that won't happen, as I have bills that are a part of real life.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                              X