Hey, We Suck Less Now: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hey, We Suck Less Now: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part VI

A Facebook group is not going to get you anywhere. They are a dime a dozen.

Have a few million to throw at the program? Promise to donate it if Russell is canned. That might get you somewhere, especially in this economy. You are dreaming if you think a handful of angry alums and locals is going to convince Suzanne to buy out the rest of his contract with money her department doesn't have.

I'm not hating or defending, I'm just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I tend to agree, though I think whatever team Russell fields next season has to be better for his sake. I believe his contract runs through 2011-2012, and the team will need to at least be competitive overall in both seasons, IMHO. Get to 10 wins next year, and go from there.

In my estimation, the powerplay has taken big strides this year. Largely due to Olson and Seigo.

For what it's worth, Dennis Rix has five goals (including both game winners), in his team's first two playoff games.
      No coach will go into his last year of a contract without an extension...Russell has next year to prove he needs more or he is gone, I hope he does prove it but that is the way it is...having a coach with less than a year left makes recruiting impossible...
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Welp, now it's official. DU beats Mankato with 13 seconds left in OT to clinch the MacNaughton, and will have the honor of banishing us to the links.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Welp, now it's official. DU beats Mankato with 13 seconds left in OT to clinch the MacNaughton, and will have the honor of banishing us to the links.
          But Gwozdecky would be honored to play us!

Comment

I've noticed there are 3 guys named Daavettila in that group. Hmmm.
            And a Pietila.

And hey, guess what - our old friend Foxie the first.
            Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
            I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
            Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Oh, by the way, guess who just clinched a first-round bye in their conference?
              Denver.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Oh, by the way, guess who just clinched a first-round bye in their conference?
                It's OK, they'll just choke in the semis again.

Comment

It's OK, they'll just choke in the semis again.
                  And UND will fail when they play BC in the tourny while SCSU fails to win a tournament game, yet again. These are all things that are given.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                    And UND will fail when they play BC in the tourny while SCSU fails to win a tournament game, yet again. These are all things that are given.
                    UND has beaten BC before, while SCSU will someday win an NCAA tournament game. Nothing is a given, but for the sake of awesome "FIRE WALT!" posts, NMU will choke again.

Comment

UND has beaten BC before, while SCSU will someday win an NCAA tournament game. Nothing is a given, but for the sake of awesome "FIRE WALT!" posts, NMU will choke again.
                      MY CCHA teams are Ferris and Michigan, hopefully one of them takes NMU out in the playoffs.

Comment

MY CCHA teams are Ferris and Michigan, hopefully one of them takes NMU out in the playoffs.
                        Ferris is a copy of MTU, with a few better players.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

be sure to vote for Eli today!
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Could happen, but if we make it to the Joe, Miami will be the likely team to take us out.
                            “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                            – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                            when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Total attendance of 1885 for Saturday's game. On Senior Night.

This is beyond heartbreaking. This is a tragedy unfolding.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Total attendance of 1885 for Saturday's game. On Senior Night.

This is beyond heartbreaking. This is a tragedy unfolding.
                                Breaking that 1885 down, I'd guess...

-200 were Wisconsin fans, 100 of whom were already high on thinner

-500 were local high schoolers on dates who spent the whole game smooching and texting

-500 were the old farts who will never give up and probably die in their seats

-100 actually were dead, it's just that no one has noticed yet

-400-500 were students who wished they had taken their money and gotten drunk instead

-About 100 were students who actually cared and stuck around for the Senior Night ceremony, then went out and got drunk

Comment

Working...
                                X