Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hey, We Suck Less Now: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part VI

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I just mns'd with my waitress at a sushi bar in St louis. I left a comment card at her request with an obscure Kevin smith movie reference and after we left she came running after us to tell me she loved my reference and I was so shocked I just kinda froze. ***** me

[Insert Fail Pic Here (I'm lazy it's early and I don't feel like grabbing one)]
    Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
    *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

please don't forget to vote for Eli today!!
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2009_10/

here's the link!
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Continue.
          if Tech got 30 more shots, it woulda had a chance last nite. Note that coach didn't take credit for his unsportsmanlike penalty for not keeping his trap shut. As if they need another penalty..

we need a walk-on coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by techfan2 View Post
            if Tech got 30 more shots, it woulda had a chance last nite. Note that coach didn't take credit for his unsportsmanlike penalty for not keeping his trap shut. As if they need another penalty..

we need a walk-on coaching staff.
            I'm happy that Jamie took an unsportsmanlike penalty. It's the most emotion we've seen from him for a while, and the team is picking up energy from him for once.
            Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
            I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
            Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by techfan2 View Post
              if Tech got 30 more shots, it woulda had a chance last nite.
              Yeah, Tech getting 50+ shots on goal would've helped. How about Tech not letting Wisconsin put 63 shots on instead?

If you're going to criticize the coaching staff, at least make suggestions for improvement that are achievable and sensible.

Comment

*****http://i30.***********.com/albums/c307/m00seonthel00se2/33_15_15---Fire-Flame-Texture_web.jpg******

*****http://i30.***********.com/albums/c307/m00seonthel00se2/russell-crowe.jpg******
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Shouldn't that be a pic of Jamie and not Russell Crowe?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Shouldn't that be a pic of Jamie and not Russell Crowe?
                    Yeah that's what I thought too, but I figured someone else would bring it up

So there's a party at tcm's house tonight. Just for those of you in Houghton that didn't know, I'm just spreading the word. He and Pubetop made jello shots.
                    Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                    http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                    Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                    Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                    Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                    All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Oh, by the way, guess who just clinched a first-round bye in their conference?

*****http://i30.***********.com/albums/c307/m00seonthel00se2/bangmyheadagainstawall.gif******
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Jamie's postgame thoughts:
                        Means a lot to the seniors, terrific to work with, good attitude, good in the classroom
                        WI is the best team we played all year, great D core
                        Reddick broke the seal, he played well
                        We had a couple empty net chances that we missed, McLeod and Kattelus, could've been a different game
                        outstanding PK, disjointed PP without Brett tonight
                        Kattelus had his best game on faceoffs
                        Bennet has taken a big step, very solid 2nd half, putting point up, top 6 forward
                        Robinson tonight made good saves, few turnovers playing the puck, he played well
                        Brett is important to this team, we'll see where he's at with his injury for UND, not sure if he'll play next weekend
                        Dirk: We can't move up or down, will that affect if Bretty plays? He will push for Brett to play if he is healthy

Comment

I think the team overall is playing a lot better. The PP is better, the pk is better, the team stays out of the box slightly better, the goaltending is more consistent, but still a lot of problems defensively.
                          Playing the young guys is going to pay off. Let's hope we get a few real solid players over the off season. Maybe we can be more competitive next year.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            I think the team overall is playing a lot better. The PP is better, the pk is better, the team stays out of the box slightly better, the goaltending is more consistent, but still a lot of problems defensively.
                            Playing the young guys is going to pay off. Let's hope we get a few real solid players over the off season. Maybe we can be more competitive next year.
                            I tend to agree, though I think whatever team Russell fields next season has to be better for his sake. I believe his contract runs through 2011-2012, and the team will need to at least be competitive overall in both seasons, IMHO. Get to 10 wins next year, and go from there.

In my estimation, the powerplay has taken big strides this year. Largely due to Olson and Seigo.

For what it's worth, Dennis Rix has five goals (including both game winners), in his team's first two playoff games.

Comment

FIRE RUSSELL!!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...7607524&ref=ts
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                                I've noticed there are 3 guys named Daavettila in that group. Hmmm.

Comment

Working...
                                X