PDA

View Full Version : Hey, We Suck Less Now: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part VI

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

techcodemonkey
02-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Getting ready to head into the game.

Watch a little of the '05 Friday 3-0 game.

Noticed Gwilliam in that video and hope he can get that spark into the guys tonight.

If "our" cameraman is working maybe the Husky fans will be on TV after a Tech goal.

what's that?

Shirtless Guy
02-19-2010, 05:06 PM
what's that?must be a blue moon tonight ;)

Beer Pong Horn
02-19-2010, 07:07 PM
From the comments on that Lode article:

As far as sportsmanship goes, I havenít met a maggot that plays dirty in any of the IRHC sporting events.

BWAhahahahaha. :D

Flashy Man
02-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Still a few years ago, everybody except for the goalie, another player, and I were in the penalty box after we rallied around yelling "What it is Motherf*ers!" at halftime. We managed to kill off 1:55 of the 2-5 PK, including getting some scoring chances which highly angered the other team.

huskyfan
02-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Getting ready to head into the game.

Watch a little of the '05 Friday 3-0 game.

Noticed Gwilliam in that video and hope he can get that spark into the guys tonight.

If "our" cameraman is working maybe the Husky fans will be on TV after a Tech goal.

will be watching

mtu_huskies
02-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Good game tonight, haven't been more pleased after a loss this year. We really seemed to run out of gas towards the end of the 2nd and in the 3rd.

Jamie's postgame thoughts:
Pleased with our play in the 1st period
Gave up a goal early, but settled down
small margain for error with DU, missed some back checks
We had momentum with our 2nd goal, btu DU answered
liked our specialty teams, set up the PP, PK very solid
Kevin Genoe played well
Played a good hockey game
Likteig worked very hard, liked our 4th line, Witt, Schooley and Likteig, created chances, strong in our end

Yager
02-20-2010, 12:47 AM
Ruutu goal for Finland. Second goal this Olympics, had one against Belarus.

FadeToBlack&Gold
02-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Ruutu goal for Finland. Second goal this Olympics, had one against Belarus.

I'm disappointed that Jarkko has yet to reach 100 PIMs according to his NHL stat sheet. Hope old age isn't making him hold his tongue. ;)

bigmrg74
02-20-2010, 02:00 PM
So what do the rest of you think of this: http://www.mtulode.com/opinion/2010/01/28/la-maison-hall-chant-banned-by-university/
Have the whole **** hall sing the chant in front of the school president. What are they going to do?? Kick em all out of school??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm disappointed that Jarkko has yet to reach 100 PIMs according to his NHL stat sheet. Hope old age isn't making him hold his tongue. ;)Doubt it. Its probably because the Belarussians can't understand a word he says. ;) :D

Beer Pong Horn
02-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Have the whole **** hall sing the chant in front of the school president. What are they going to do?? Kick em all out of school??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For all I know, Mroz is a former resident of La Maison de Gaiete himself. Can't quite peg him as a Mama's Boy, but Maggots might fit his personality.

Sloe Gin
02-20-2010, 09:50 PM
paging Shirtlessguy.

Two appetizers come Final Five time, please.

Sincerely,

Sloe Gin

Twitch Boy
02-20-2010, 10:43 PM
BACK-TO-BACK LAST PLACE FINISHES!a

******** width="425" height="344">******* name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xdCrZfTkG1c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param>******* name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>******* name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>******* src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xdCrZfTkG1c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FadeToBlack&Gold
02-20-2010, 10:51 PM
JR Post-game:

-Got the first goal = good
-"Horrendous shorthanded goal" = lost momentum
-Lost composure and floodgates opened

-Once Olson was ejected, everyone picked up their play
-Showed some character getting the score back to respectability
-Mikesch's faceoff play worked because Gwilliam cleanly won the faceoff
-Battled hard in the third
-Should have been 5-4

-Did a good job getting traffic in front of Chevy
-Freshman line got regular time and created chances

Yager
02-21-2010, 04:15 AM
And back to Denver for the playoffs... ****.

huskyfan
02-21-2010, 08:48 AM
(sigh)

Flashy Man
02-21-2010, 10:48 AM
In lighter news, The BA!luga Knights, which includes Yager, Gulke, CTF, RmkMTU, Splodey, and me have a broomball play off game tonight. Which is as far as we know a first for a pep band affiliated team, let alone in off campus league.

crazytechfan
02-21-2010, 10:51 AM
In lighter news, The BA!luga Knights, which includes Yager, Gulke, CTF, RmkMTU, Splodey, and me have a broomball play off game tonight. Which is as far as we know a first for a pep band affiliated team, let alone in off campus league.

It's gonna be epiccccc. :p

Funny note, if somehow we won Off-Campus #1, and my other team won the Women's division, my two teams would play each other. :p

Sad note, RmkMTU won't be there tonight. :(

R.J.AMBERALEBREW
02-21-2010, 02:44 PM
I watched both games against Denver (on TV). Quite suprised at how well Tech played. Both games were entertaining to watch. It would be easy to give up on the season with only the 5 wins. Glad to see they are still giving it out on the ice. They seem to have found a certain chemisty. Their passing seems sharper and overall play is alot better. Hope it continues for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs.

huskyfan
02-21-2010, 02:50 PM
I watched both games against Denver (on TV). Quite suprised at how well Tech played. Both games were entertaining to watch. It would be easy to give up on the season with only the 5 wins. Glad to see they are still giving it out on the ice. They seem to have found a certain chemisty. Their passing seems sharper and overall play is alot better. Hope it continues for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs.

same here. I was actually fairly impressed. Denver is very very good. I just wish we played like this when we were playing the Mankatos, UAAs, etc and could put a few wins under our belts. maybe its just the young team?

crazytechfan
02-21-2010, 02:58 PM
:( So, both of my broomball games today were canceled because of the warmth. Don't get me wrong, I don't like cold, but this still sucks.