Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hey, We Suck Less Now: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part VI

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
    2008, Denver Frozen Four, I slept through the BC/North Dakota game, it was that boring. I will call that bad hockey.
    Since when is watching a murder boring?
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

The 2008 Tech Northern Series, horrible hockey.
      OK, yeah that was bad hockey.

People's perceptions are often too extreme though. Just because your team might lose 6-1 doesn't mean you had a 'bad' experience overall.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        OK, yeah that was bad hockey.

People's perceptions are often too extreme though. Just because your team might lose 6-1 doesn't mean you had a 'bad' experience overall.
        I see a bad hockey game as a high scoring game. I absolutely hate watching bad defense. It kills me

Comment

Originally posted by WFODucati View Post
          I see a bad hockey game as a high scoring game. I absolutely hate watching bad defense. It kills me
          Not all goalfests are poorly played. The 6-5 OT win against the Gophers last year was an example of pi55-poor defense & goaltending leading to a firehouse game. The 5-4 win over the Gophers a few years ago in Minneapolis was an example of a decent game with a lot of goals (well, decent for everyone except Frazee maybe ).

Comment

Not all goalfests are poorly played. The 6-5 OT win against the Gophers last year was an example of pi55-poor defense & goaltending leading to a firehouse game. The 5-4 win over the Gophers a few years ago in Minneapolis was an example of a decent game with a lot of goals (well, decent for everyone except Frazee maybe ).
            Depending on how long ago that was, I may have been very disappointed that night...

Comment

Depending on how long ago that was, I may have been very disappointed that night...
              Early March 07. Minnesota won the MacNaughton on Friday and then started Frazee on Saturday, even though Briggsieve ultimately gave up the game-winning goal. Justin St. Louis had his one and only career night - a hat trick - after DU's Mike Hanzda dropped a racial slur on him during the Carny series that year and lit a fire under him.

Comment

Early March 07. Minnesota won the MacNaughton on Friday and then started Frazee on Saturday, even though Briggsieve ultimately gave up the game-winning goal. Justin St. Louis had his one and only career night - a hat trick - after DU's Mike Hanzda dropped a racial slur on him during the Carny series that year and lit a fire under him.
                Yep, I was there...and I was not happy.

Comment

2008, Denver Frozen Four, I slept through the BC/North Dakota game, it was that boring. I will call that bad hockey.

The 2008 Tech Northern Series, horrible hockey.
                  Ditto. I hated the Sioux, and I couldn't even be happy at seeing that drubbing.

Beyond horrid. That was worse than an abortion of a series.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Ah yes, and then we gutted out CC in 3 games for the right to poop the bed against Wisconsin at the F5. What a "magical" run.

And then we were supposed to get some hyphen guy who was a monster on offense and he never came and then Jordan Foote got beat up.

And then we lost to Toronto.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      But we beat the formidable powerhouse that was the 08-09 Gophers!

There was a win against the Siouxage in there somewhere too. I think it resulted in not totally failing at the GLI like we did this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        Ah yes, and then we gutted out CC in 3 games for the right to poop the bed against Wisconsin at the F5. What a "magical" run.

And then we were supposed to get some hyphen guy who was a monster on offense and he never came and then Jordan Foote got beat up.

Then we were supposed to get another amazing recruit that never made it here.
                        Then we didn't win a game for 15 straight.
                        Including... then we got swept by then 9th place UAA.

Comment

A bad hockey game, or any bad game for that matter is just poorly executed on atleast one side of the competition. There can be high scoring games were both teams are just playing amazingly that are awesome. And there can be 0-0 games were both goalies are just playing ridiculously. I seen it happen both ways. Horrible games usually involves atleast one team not being able to do anything, like the UND/BU game, or both teams looking like they should probably invest in learning a new sport, Tech/NMU series.

I was there, threw my hat (SG's hat actually) on the ice. Not some bad looks from some Gopher fans, Mel protected me. We then proceeded to leave the arena chanting "we're number six" to strange looks, I had fun.
                          Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                          *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                            Quoted to get attention. Dorkisak will remember, I forgot what Jamie said. It is something like 75.
                            60, I think?
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

It takes 70 games.
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                                It takes 70 games.
                                So is there a Chris Conner jersey?
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X