Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hey, We Suck Less Now: Michigan Tech Season Thread Part VI

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
    Would this be one which HuskyNation cheers for?
    What... you think I go just to freeze my bum off? I can do that sitting at home.

Originally posted by crazytechfan View Post
    Yup, that's what's up. Update re: spring break, PB is no longer accompanying me. Good news, I still get to spend 4 days in WI with him. Wait, did I just say good news? whiskey tango foxtrot!

And a bit of pure gold: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmObCWbbtls
    Yeah, good news and Wisconsin don't belong in the same sentence together. Unless, of course, it ends with, "fell off the face of the earth."

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Oh and yes BPH, it's UBuffalo @ Oakland.
    What night are you coming?

Originally posted by Yager View Post
    So does anyone know how bye week fared last weekend? Are we going to struggle or what?
    They split with the Gophers. Ineffective power play, inability to make clean passes, can't put the puck in the net... and that was just the Gophs. 0-0 ties both nights.
    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

drive time updates??

Jamie stays.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Chris Durno on the cover of the Program.

Scores the game tying goal.

http://avalanche.nhl.tv/team/console...OL656&fr=false

Post game interview.

http://avalanche.nhl.tv/team/console...d=693&id=60049

Jamie should be showing this in the locker room.

Guy trying to keep the $6,000 a game check.

I know someone posted it earlier, but I don't remember. How many NHL games do you have to be in before your sweater/jersey is put in the corridor or where ever. Are those "roster games" or "on ice games"?
        Last edited by ColoToot; 02-11-2010, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
          Bye was fairly nice to UND. There were no injuries recorded from those games, if I recall correctly. However, UND still failed to score on the power play, let alone at all.

Thanks for the update
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
            What... you think I go just to freeze my bum off? I can do that sitting at home. ?
            Yeah but then you won't get to watch horrible hockey. Oh wait yes you could by turning on a Wings game.

How the mighty have fallen the Wild have 2 more wins then the Wings.

And before anybody says it yes I realize the Wings have 3 more points but that's only because the Wings have 11 overtime/shoot out losses and Wild have only 4 overtime/shoot out losses. What a great system? We're better at actually winning games but you're ahead because you're better at losing games.

Man leave the guy alone. F2B&G just wants to watch a hockey game he doesn't want to be stalked by the "interesting" one.

F2B&G run while you have the chance. Trust me. I'm speaking from personal experience.
            Last edited by CollegeHockeyAddict; 02-11-2010, 10:27 AM.
            I've been to Agganis (BU), Alfond (Maine), Alltel (Mankato), Berry (NMU), Boston Garden (Beanpot), Conte (BC), DECC (UMD), Gutterson (Vermont), Hobey Baker (Princeton), Houston Fieldhouse (RPI), Joe Louis (GLI), Kohl (Wisconsin), Lawson (WMU), Lynah (Cornell), MacInnes (MTU), MSG (BU/Cornell), Mariucci (Minnesota), Matthews (NU), Munn (MSU), National Hockey Center (SCSU), Ralph (ND), Ridder (Minnesota), TD Banknorth (Quinnipiac), Whittemore (UNH), Xcel (Final Five), and Yost (Michigan).

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyAddict View Post
              Yeah but then you won't get to watch horrible hockey. Oh wait yes you could by turning on a Wings game.
              Hey, now... sad as it is, the OU team has a much better shot at making the playoffs than the Gophers do.

Although, nine strategic wins and the Gophs win the whole thing...

Man leave the guy alone. F2B&G just wants to watch a hockey game he doesn't want to be stalked by the "interesting" one.

F2B&G run while you have the chance. Trust me. I'm speaking from personal experience.
              I'll be busy running the scoreboard. I won't have time to stalk anybody.
              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Hey, now... sad as it is, the OU team has a much better shot at making the playoffs than the Gophers do.

True but it's still bad hockey. Think of it this way. The guys who aren't good enough to play at Tech play at Oakland.

I'll be busy running the scoreboard. I won't have time to stalk anybody.
                You always make time to stalk people.
                I've been to Agganis (BU), Alfond (Maine), Alltel (Mankato), Berry (NMU), Boston Garden (Beanpot), Conte (BC), DECC (UMD), Gutterson (Vermont), Hobey Baker (Princeton), Houston Fieldhouse (RPI), Joe Louis (GLI), Kohl (Wisconsin), Lawson (WMU), Lynah (Cornell), MacInnes (MTU), MSG (BU/Cornell), Mariucci (Minnesota), Matthews (NU), Munn (MSU), National Hockey Center (SCSU), Ralph (ND), Ridder (Minnesota), TD Banknorth (Quinnipiac), Whittemore (UNH), Xcel (Final Five), and Yost (Michigan).

Comment

So is Tech!
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    So is Tech!
                    Did you see that Thurber got suspended?
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Most likely Saturday

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
                      Chris Durno on the cover of the Program.

Scores the game tying goal.
                      That was a great second effort to chip in Hedberg's lazy rebound.

We kinda met already. Two years ago, when the two of you came to Carny against UW, remember?

Comment

We kinda met already. Two years ago, when the two of you came to Carny against UW, remember?
                        Yes I reminder. I'm glad I got the chance to meet you.

I was just trying to warn you. Be afraid!!! Be very afraid!!!

Comment

True but it's still bad hockey. Think of it this way. The guys who aren't good enough to play at Tech play at Oakland.
                          Incidentally, there is no such thing as "bad" hockey. Perhaps there is a distinction to be made between "higher quality" hockey and "lower quality" hockey, but I've never had a "bad" time at any hockey game.

Minnesotans, of all people, should know that.

And the guys who aren't good enough to play at Tech play for Tech's club team, the Wolfpack.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
                            How many NHL games do you have to be in before your sweater/jersey is put in the corridor or where ever. Are those "roster games" or "on ice games"?
                            Quoted to get attention. Dorkisak will remember, I forgot what Jamie said. It is something like 75.

Comment

Incidentally, there is no such thing as "bad" hockey. Perhaps there is a distinction to be made between "higher quality" hockey and "lower quality" hockey, but I've never had a "bad" time at any hockey game.

Minnesotans, of all people, should know that.

And the guys who aren't good enough to play at Tech play for Tech's club team, the Wolfpack.
                              Why didn't Russell recruit the Wolfpack!!!!!!
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

2008, Denver Frozen Four, I slept through the BC/North Dakota game, it was that boring. I will call that bad hockey.

The 2008 Tech Northern Series, horrible hockey.
                                Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                                *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Working...
                                X