Norwich vs Castleton, Friday 2/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwich vs Castleton, Friday 2/12

I know Norwich just got through playing Middlebury and Williams but this game has a little mojo too. Norwich is currently #2 in the polls and Castleton has only lost 1 game since losing to Plattsburgh New Year's Day. Will be interesting observing two teams with different styles, Norwich a highly skilled team with speed vs Castleton which is know for its hard nose and plysical play. Norwich/Castleton sporting events are starting to attrack large crowds so Friday's game should be no exception. Norwich will be the favorite but Castleton was won the last two games including beating Norwich a couple of years ago when they had a great team.

A few comments on the two teams:
    Norwich
    -#2 in polls with a record of 16-1-4
    -goaltender Ryan Klingensmith has an excellent SV% of .933
    -Top 5 scorer's are Blake Forkey (26 points), Chad Anderson (26 points), Kyle Thomas (19 points), Emmond Bell (19 points), and Eric Tallent (16 points)
    -Norwich has continued success with 4 of its top forwards out (1 out for the year).

Castleton
    -Record of 9-7-5 and #3 in the ECAC East
    -Goaltender Arthur Hollinger has a record of 8-2-4 with a SV% of .924
    -Top 5 scorer's are John Harris (23 points), Stuard Stefan (21 points), Kirt Bolduc (19 points), Ben Schoeneberger (14 points), and Justin Alonzo (13 points).
    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Re: Norwich vs Castleton, Friday 2/12

Originally posted by hawk View Post
    I know Norwich just got through playing Middlebury and Williams but this game has a little mojo too.
    I'm with ya on this one. I'll be there looking for a big game with some rough stuff mixed in for good measure. Hey, it's hockey. A good, clean hit is part of the game.

I'm guessing the guys will get a huge cheer from the crowd after this weekend's first loss and the big win over Middlebury. Include me in that bunch.

See you all Friday night.
    Go Wick!

Comment

After what happened to me the weekend in Rutland I have to say: Go Norwich??? Oh that doesn't seem right...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
        After what happened to me the weekend in Rutland I have to say: Go Norwich??? Oh that doesn't seem right...

Hockey fan, if you come to Kreitzberg it is highly doubtful you will get the same reception you did at CSC. You are welcome to join us, we never turn anyone away

I will be at the game cheering the guys on the ice because they have much to be proud of, what an incredible season so far. 16-1-4 with only 4 games left to the season. They played two very hard games this weekend, and I hope Coach gives them a light practice tomorrow. Rest up Wick, looking forward to an awesome weekend of hockey with you.
        There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
          Hockey fan, if you come to Kreitzberg it is highly doubtful you will get the same reception you did at CSC. You are welcome to join us, we never turn anyone away

I will be at the game cheering the guys on the ice because they have much to be proud of, what an incredible season so far. 16-1-4 with only 4 games left to the season. They played two very hard games this weekend, and I hope Coach gives them a light practice tomorrow. Rest up Wick, looking forward to an awesome weekend of hockey with you.
          Been to Kreitzberg before and I can honestly say I loved it: It was a blast and while my team didn't win , it was a great atmosphere for a college hockey game...I kid about Norwich sometimes but I have nothing but the up most respect for them and their fans...

Comment

Been to Kreitzberg before and I can honestly say I loved it: It was a blast and while my team didn't win , it was a great atmosphere for a college hockey game...I kid about Norwich sometimes but I have nothing but the up most respect for them and their fans...
            Thanks, same thing to you.
            There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Going to be a big night for sure....I believe the first 1000 fans through the gates will receive pompoms. I is also Harley Davidson night so we will have a Harley on the ice between periods and a couple of bikes on display on the concourse.
              Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Castleton really struggled initially with their game, seems like penalties got them in to trouble and their PK couldn`t get them out of it. Did they have some seniors sitting and 1st & 2nd year players helping them win more after the break. The one forward from west coast is doing well as a freshman. Their next few games will test them against quality teams and then you can tell how afar they will go in playoffs

Comment

Does Cadet Crosby have any idea if some of the wounded NU warriors will be back on the ice next weekend?
                  Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                  Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Cadet Crosby does have an idea if some of the wounded NU warriors will return for the weekend

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                    Does Cadet Crosby have any idea if some of the wounded NU warriors will be back on the ice next weekend?
                    Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
                      Cadet Crosby does have an idea if some of the wounded NU warriors will return for the weekend
                      Although Norwich injured players coming back would give Norwich a few more options, most fans have been very happy with the players who have taken their place. Against Middlebury I was very impressed by the play of Matt McCann who played a very strong game.

In trying to figure the Castleton turn around this year, I noticed that Arthur Hollinger was named ECAC East goaltender of the week a few weeks ago. Also one of the forwards that impressed me when I saw Castleton play NEC was Ben Schoeneberger, who also was named ECAC East rookie of the week on 1-18. That's all Norwich needs is to face another hot goaltender after facing two goods ones from Middlebury and Castleton. Should be a very competitive game.

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post

In trying to figure the Castleton turn around this year
                        Castleton getting going at the end of the season seems to happen with almost the regularity of Christmas coming in December. It's become a pattern after the first two years when they were really bad.
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Does that mean you might finally pick-em to win one this weekend?
                          Last edited by rgorr; 02-08-2010, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rgorr View Post
                            Does that mean you might finally pick-em to win one this weekend?
                            I might

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
                              Two questions, could you advise if there any tickets remaining for Castleton fans attending Friday's game. Should be sort of a roudy crowd with all the Cadets back and 400+- Castleton fans attending. Crowd totals could duplicate the Middlebury game last weekend. Secondly I was wondering if Emmond Bell is close to returning? The last few weeks when he has been out I think Norwich has rearly missed the points he produced on a consistant basis.

Also notice that Nikita Kashirsky had a breakaway goal for the Manatoba Moose last Saturday night.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1006796

Comment

Working...
                              X