Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Battle of the Michigan Directional Schools 2010--Western @ Northern Feb 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Battle of the Michigan Directional Schools 2010--Western @ Northern Feb 12-13

NMU is coming off a 5 point weekend at Ferris. Western shocked the heck out of everyone by soundly sweeping Notre Dame.

Another big weekend for both teams. Maybe we'll actually get some Western people in this series thread, too.

Discuss.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Re: The Battle of the Michigan Directional Schools 2010--Western @ Northern Feb 12-13

To bad, for me, is the game is not at Western. My brother lives in Kalamazoo and I would made the 5 hour trip to see this series. 12+ hour drive not in the cards, though.
    Cats don't seem to do well against teams they are supposed to beat. But after the Broncos swept the Irish, not so sure we will be favored to win his one, at least not by much.
    I am nervous about this one. How about Marquette getting a few fans in the stands this time?
    “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
    – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
    when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Re: The Battle of the Michigan Directional Schools 2010--Western @ Northern Feb 12-13

As it has been said, each game is bigger and bigger now. NMU has a very good shot at the four seed and the bye. We have to stay out of the penalty box.
      GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

I just noticed that several schools ahead of us only have 4 games left, while we have 6. We actually have a shot at the 2 seed, but I'll settle for 4th. :-)

Wow, what a difference a weekend makes! Up until last night, I was still fuming about the UNO series.
        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Really proud of the way Brian Stewert played against Ferris. The Broncos have a very good goalie. Greg Squires is a very good set-up man once recruited by Boston University, (you will have to do your research why he didn't play there). The Broncos have a great goalie who honestly if it wasn't for him their record could be much worse than what it is. Should be a fun series to listen too. Go Cats!

Comment

It is amazing how after a big weekend, you just can't wait for the next weekend to come.

Anybody know what the visitor section is at Yost?
            Last edited by WildcatGoal; 02-07-2010, 05:30 PM.
            GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by WildcatGoal View Post
              It is amazing how after a big weekend, you just can't wait for the next weekend to come.

Anybody know what the visit section is at Yost?
              If you get tickets in the 'visiting fan' section you are way up in the back corner of the arena on the end NMU attacks twice. Really about the poorest seats you could have (unless you'd really hate being near the band).

I suggest seeing if any other seats are available.
              Embrace the hate.

Comment

Go Southern Michigan U!

Comment

Go Northwestern Michigan College!

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                    Go Northwestern Michigan College!
                    When the hell did THEY get hockey? Hell, when did they get freaking sports??

/TC native.
                    Always a Wildcat...
                    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                      If you get tickets in the 'visiting fan' section you are way up in the back corner of the arena on the end NMU attacks twice. Really about the poorest seats you could have (unless you'd really hate being near the band).

I suggest seeing if any other seats are available.
                      Thanks, where do you suggest?
                      GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                        When the hell did THEY get hockey? Hell, when did they get freaking sports??

/TC native.
                        Same time Southern Michigan University did =P.

...yet strangely enough, you can still buy Northwestern Michigan College Hockey apparel?

http://www.prepsportswear.com/colleg...hoolid=2064628

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                          Same time Southern Michigan University did =P.

...yet strangely enough, you can still buy Northwestern Michigan College Hockey apparel?

http://www.prepsportswear.com/colleg...hoolid=2064628
                          HO.LY. SHYTE!

I hope so, I freaking WANT ONE!
                          Always a Wildcat...

Comment

Obviously along one side is the student section, where you wouldn't want to be. The other side I believe is mostly season ticket holders. My guess is the ends will be where the most tickets will be available.

My best tickets at Yost were on the same end where they put the visitors, but were centered behind the opposing goalie and closer to the ice.

Note: If you go to U of M's online ticket purchasing site. Where they put opposing fans is up in the corner of section 11. The best seats I've gotten were closer to the ice in section 10.

As an aside, it is also fun to bring a plastic horn to Yost and make loud noise every time NMU scores.
                            Last edited by nmu_27; 02-07-2010, 08:25 PM.
                            Embrace the hate.

Comment

Here's a view from section 9 (bleachers on the end NMU attacks twice) Overall, not bad sightlines unless you're on the extreme ends of section 9 or 11.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3260/...d7411a1045.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X