Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State @ UW.... back to indoor hockey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State @ UW.... back to indoor hockey.

I left the KC pretty quickly last night, but I read in the scores thread that Jutting and Eaves got into it a little bit after the game last night. Can anyone elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
      I left the KC pretty quickly last night, but I read in the scores thread that Jutting and Eaves got into it a little bit after the game last night. Can anyone elaborate?
      Can't elaborate except to say that it did happen. TV showed it but of course no one was sure what was being said, then they had to cut away to the next program.

I only saw the replay of the elbow to Smith's head. Did that happen when the clock was stopped? It looked like Smith was just skating slowley back to the bench or something.
      Last edited by GoBucky; 02-13-2010, 11:27 AM.
      Wisconsin Badgers
      NCAA Champions 1973 1977 1981 1983 1990 2006

Comment

The game is being re-aired right now on NHL Network.

Comment

I have a feeling tonight's game is going to be pretty dirty and very physical. Eaves and the Badgers werent at all happy with all the cheap shots and trashtalking that Minny State was doing and I have a feel Eaves is going to tell them to take Minny State to the woodshed.
          From what I saw, Eaves was upset that one of the MSU players took a cheap shot at one of the Badger players after the final buzzer.
          It looked to me like the Badgers werent all that fired up about the game last night and that was reflected in the sloppy defense and all the easy goals that they allowed.
          Hopefully now they will play with some more fire and aggression.
          A win is a win though, and I'll take the 2 points any way we can get it.
          A Badger living in Buckeye country.
          Originally posted by MadCityRich
          He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
          Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
          "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
            with the way ticket sales have gone this season, the less confusion the better. I'm guessing neither will be sellouts this weekend either... Thanks local media for ignoring the #3 team in the country... BRUTAL!
            Hey at least they ran an ad last night during the game for the Camp Randall Classic. Call now to get your tickets.

Comment

Eaves is going to call the WCHA about the gift penalty shot given to MSU to make the game closer than it should have been.
              Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                Eaves is going to call the WCHA about the gift penalty shot given to MSU to make the game closer than it should have been.
                I think they said a Badger skater had the puck covered in the crease. They always call that a penalty shot, we just don't see it very often in college hockey.
                "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month."
                - Herb Brooks (1937-2003)

Minnesota State University. "You Betcha"!

Comment

Eaves doesn't think so.

“There were some differences in opinions there,” Eaves said of the conversation between the referees and the linesmen. “We’ll definitely be making a call here (to the league office).”

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010...#ixzz0fRiGX9x3

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                    I have a feeling tonight's game is going to be pretty dirty and very physical. Eaves and the Badgers werent at all happy with all the cheap shots and trashtalking that Minny State was doing and I have a feel Eaves is going to tell them to take Minny State to the woodshed.
                    From what I saw, Eaves was upset that one of the MSU players took a cheap shot at one of the Badger players after the final buzzer.
                    MSU's captain (Irwin?) took a shot at Geoffrion well after the whistle and then stood at center ice screaming at him and the rest of the Badgers for a couple of minutes. I thought the refs would DQ him for his conduct or at least give him a posthumous penalty but they didn't do anything. I assume that, among other things, is what got Eaves steamed, and I assume that MSU's coach was ****ed about the penalty discrepancy.

On the elbow to Smith's head, it wasn't after a whistle, but Smith had lined the guy up and laid a big legal check on him and then after play had gone to the other end and Smith was heading towards the bench the MSU guy laid the elbow to the back of his head.

Does anybody know what happened with the puck that appeared to go into the net in the first period? It looked like it hit the back of the net and came out both live and on replay but the ref waved it off and blew his whistle when the puck was still otherwise live. Inadvertant whistle before the goal? Also, anybody have any thoughts comparing the penalty shot call for MSU (which appeared to me to be a good call) to the play in the second period where the MSU player grabbed the puck in the crease and threw it out before it went in (which looked to be pretty much the same play as the PS call)?

All in all, an...odd game. We need to play better.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: What're YOU looking at?

The number of times a poster posts per day is directly correlated with how dissatisfied he is with his relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by CavalryNate View Post
                      Anyways, Mavs look as bad as ever... but Wisconsin doesn't impress me as much as I thought they would.
                      It wasn't one of UW's better games, so I wouldn't be surprised you felt this way if you don't see them regularly.

I expect a lot of penalties tonight. If the refs have any sense they'll call it tight early to get control. I didn't think the Mavs were as dirty as everyone is making them out to be. Undiscplined? Yes. Frustrated? Sure. I'm not sure it was anything we haven't seen before so I'm not going over the top. These things happen sometimes. They knew they needed to be physical and play the game on the edge to have a chance at points this weekend and it's what they did. They aren't going to go out and race up and down the ice with the Badgers. We shouldn't be shocked by this.
                      Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                      2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                      2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                      Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

If Bennett is in goal, it's anyone's game tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigus View Post
                          I thought the refs would DQ him for his conduct or at least give him a posthumous penalty but they didn't do anything. .

Well, if they have to wait until he's dead the penalty may be a long time in coming.

Comment

Does anybody know what happened with the puck that appeared to go into the net in the first period? It looked like it hit the back of the net and came out both live and on replay but the ref waved it off and blew his whistle when the puck was still otherwise live. Inadvertant whistle before the goal?
                            If I'm thinking correctly about the one you're talking about, it went of the pipe and bounced out, so it never went in. At first everyone in our group thought it did go in, but once they showed the replay on the board, saw it hit the pipe. Hopefully that's the play you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                              If Bennett is in goal, it's anyone's game tonight.
                              I don't see a Saturday thread yet. What are you waiting for???

Comment

MSU's captain (Irwin?) took a shot at Geoffrion well after the whistle and then stood at center ice screaming at him and the rest of the Badgers for a couple of minutes. I thought the refs would DQ him for his conduct or at least give him a posthumous penalty but they didn't do anything. I assume that, among other things, is what got Eaves steamed, and I assume that MSU's coach was ****ed about the penalty discrepancy.

On the elbow to Smith's head, it wasn't after a whistle, but Smith had lined the guy up and laid a big legal check on him and then after play had gone to the other end and Smith was heading towards the bench the MSU guy laid the elbow to the back of his head.

Does anybody know what happened with the puck that appeared to go into the net in the first period? It looked like it hit the back of the net and came out both live and on replay but the ref waved it off and blew his whistle when the puck was still otherwise live. Inadvertant whistle before the goal? Also, anybody have any thoughts comparing the penalty shot call for MSU (which appeared to me to be a good call) to the play in the second period where the MSU player grabbed the puck in the crease and threw it out before it went in (which looked to be pretty much the same play as the PS call)?

All in all, an...odd game. We need to play better.
                                The guys in the striped shirts have been making bad calls all season long. Like I said, I think the Badgers will play with a lot more fire and passion tonight, especially after the way the game ended last night.
                                A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                                Originally posted by MadCityRich
                                He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                                Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                                Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                                "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
                                X